The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

Hard at work [tag: Seikatsu]

emimatsuda
Jun 8, 2012 19:32:10 GMT -6

Post by emimatsuda on Jun 8, 2012 19:32:10 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
It was Emi Matsuda's second day in Republic City. She just arrived with her platypus bear, Haku, from the Northern water tribe. She is sixteen and just ran away from her engagement. She did not have much money and needed to find a job and an apartment. She was having trouble finding an apartment because none wanted an animal in there building.

Luckily she finally found one that would take Haku. It was not the nicest place she has ever seen but it worked. So she left Haku in her new apartment and went out into the city. She was looking for a help wanted sighns but was not having any luck. She continued to look around when she heared some commotion. Emi was very interested and was glad that she carried a small pouch of water at all times.
This user is a guest
Last edit by Deleted: Jun 10, 2012 16:15:09 GMT -6
azn
Jun 9, 2012 7:05:46 GMT -6

Post by azn on Jun 9, 2012 7:05:46 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Seikatsu walked down the busy sidewalk in downtown Republic City, a fairly slow pace for his usual speed. He flipped a coin around his fingers on his right hand and held his left in his pocket. A decent amount of cash lay stashed in his pocket.
Work had gotten much busier lately since the Avatar arrived to Republic City. It seems her arrival stirred everyone up. Sei was curious to see what she looked like. He imagined the Avatar to be a strong person, but could she be pretty? A slight smirk appeared on Sei’s face.
A rather large man passed Sei on his right side, hitting his shoulder. Sei almost dropped the coin and stumbled to balance. The older, much better fed man gave a disapproving “hmph” and hurried away yelling something about ‘regretting that’.

I’m not the one taking up extra space... What’s your hurry anyway? Sei looks above the man to see a large sign with a picture of a tea-cup on it. Oh right. I’m here for something.

The store owner, a frail old man whose bushy white eyebrows seemed to cover his eyes, stood behind a table of display tea-pots. Sei put the coin back in his right pocket and rummaged through it to find a small piece of paper with scribbles written on it. He handed it over to the owner who took it with a shaking hand. With slow, baby-steps, the old man turned and walked behind a curtain of beads to the inner-sanctum of his shop. He emerged a few minutes later holding a black ceramic jar; a special order from Seikatsu’s most recent employer. Sei seemed surprised that the jar did not fly out of the old man’s hands as he continued to have difficulty preventing his shakes.

- “50 Yuans” the old man managed to mutter faintly.

A black jar huh? … Something you don’t want everyone to see ‘Mr.Kuruka’? If that’s even your real name. I should probably get a little more picky about who I deliver for, this guy was many types of shady. ..BUT I really need new running shoes, these are about to have holes.

Sei lay a handful of cash on the table and reached over to grab the jar. With just a shift of weight, Sei slid his backpack off his shoulder to access the back and place the jar within the bag.

“Keep the change. Thank You!”

Right. He said: give the guy the paper, take whatever he gives me, keep the change from this giant wad of cash he gave me, “DON’T LOOK AT THE ITEM”, bring it back to him by the docks. I wondered how I was going to get something without looking at it.

Sei turned and headed towards the docks. The streets were quite busy, and Sei had been still for too long. He needed to find a way to the roofs. In the city, buildings are quite close to eachother. With Sei’s speed and the little-to-no traffic above the streets, he can usually use them as a shortcut to travel faster.

Seikatsu turned at the nearest alleyway, hoping to find a ladder-accessible roof. Success! The end of the ally has access to the roof. A few steps in, and Sei noticed someone else stepped into the alley with him. This can’t be good.

-”I will be relieveing you of that jar, kid!” Sei herd a voice behind him as he felt a slight tug at his bag.

Oh no you don’t!
Sei has had to deal with many people trying to steal his delivery.
With great speed, Sei stepped back, pivoted left and grabbed the man’s arm with his right hand. The man was larger than Sei expected, his arm was difficult to get a good grip on. Sei continued spinning left, twisting the man’s arm upward. After a full spin, Sei’s grip came undone, but he was now standing next to this short but strong-looking man. The surprised look on his face was priceless.

Still have my bag. Good. Now stop holding hands Sei, GO!
The man started reeling, Sei could see a retaliation punch coming. Sei bolted out of the alley, into the large crowd where maybe, if he ducked down, he could lose his attacker.

Definitely need different clients!

Sei took two steps out of the alley and suddenly found himself in the air. The ground underneath his feet rose up too fast to react to, launching Sei into the air with his arms and legs flailing to regain balance.

“WHhaaaaaaaaaaa-!” was all Sei could scream out, trying to say ‘watch out’, before crashing into a display of fruit from the store across the street.
This user is a guest
Last edit by azn: Jun 9, 2012 7:06:45 GMT -6
emimatsuda
Jun 9, 2012 11:14:28 GMT -6

Post by emimatsuda on Jun 9, 2012 11:14:28 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
So Emi turned around to see what was going on. She was hoping for some excitement but that's not what was coming. When Emi turned around she saw a teenage boy heading straight for her. He looked sweaty, screaming, and wavy his arms around. Then Emi jumped out of the way and fell on the ground hard.

OUCH! Who ever this guy is, he is going to pay
As Emi got up she brushed her self off and looked to make sure she was ok. She seemed fine but she had a giant cut on elbow. It would be an easy thing to heal but Emi was not the best at that. She looked to were the boy landed, Emi couldn't help but smile . He was covered in Leechi nuts, Ash Bananas, Sea Prunes and Moon Peaches.

For sure Emi thought someone would help him up, but no one did. Why were people in the city so unfriendly. So even though Emi just wanted to continue to walk on she decided to help. So she walked over and started pulling fruit off him. He seems very confused probably because of the crash.
" Hey you ok? That was a pretty bad fall"
Emi held her hand out and helped him up. He looked very jumpy Emi was wondering why?
This user is a guest
azn
Jun 10, 2012 8:05:21 GMT -6

Post by azn on Jun 10, 2012 8:05:21 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Instinctively, Sei turned so that his body would protect the urn he just acquired. Seikatsu crashed hard through the wooden crates that were, luckily for Sei, filled with soft fruit.

A few seconds felt like an eternity as Sei lay there in pain. Fruit continued to slowly slide off the displays and onto the ground. The Sea Prunes, in particular, landed with quite a splat. Though it caused quite a commotion, most people kept walking; too busy with their own shopping lists to stop for a moment. Republic City had a way of turning people into mindless buyers. Sei had gotten used to the ‘attitude’ that most Republic Citizens have, but was genuinely surprised that the store-owner himself didn’t come out to complain.

Sei shifted his weight, causing another barrage of Leechi nuts to fall on him. Sei checked to make sure he had two important things: his limbs and his messenger bag.

-”Hey you ok?”
Sei heard a very unfamiliar voice. A much kinder voice than normally herd in Republic City.
-”That was a pretty bad fall”
Sei looked up to see a girl reaching out her hand to help him up. Moving his arm was not easy, but he managed to clutch her arm. She pulled him up a lot easier than he imagined. The rest of the fruit around the crater Sei had left in the display tumbled into the sinkhole.

Standing up, Sei realized the girl was rather short. He couldn’t quite tell at the moment what gave it away, but he knew this girl was new to the city.

Focus!

Sei suddenly stood straight. He scanned over the crowd and satomobiles, looking across the street for his attacker. With his height, Sei can usually spot people in a crown pretty well. His attacker happened to be shorter than the average height of the people in the crowd.

He could be right next to me and I wouldn’t know. Ugh, that was definitely earthbending. He could probably do that again without me knowing..
Making himself suddenly aware of this fact, Sei became increasingly paranoid that he would be lifted into the air again. For a moment, Sei looked at the ground to make sure it didn’t move. This girl’s anklet caught his eye.
Oh right

“Hey… yea, I’ll be Ok. I’ve taken worse falls.”
Sei couldn’t help but keep looking over his shoulder.
“Hey, you didn’t see a short and stocky, ugly lookin’ earthbender with waaay too many arm-muscles a second ago did y-?”

Before he could finish, a fist-sized clump of earth hit Sei on his right shoulder from the side. Sei’s body pivoted to the right as he reeled to regain balance. His arm swung loosely; it was completely numb.
The crowd still didn’t flinch, and the earthbender was still nowhere to be seen.
This user is a guest
Last edit by azn: Jun 11, 2012 19:17:28 GMT -6
emimatsuda
Jun 10, 2012 10:32:19 GMT -6

Post by emimatsuda on Jun 10, 2012 10:32:19 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Emi helped this man up from all the fruit and he was tall. He definitely was from a fire nation because they are usually the taller ones. He was really light and skinny too, Emi thought that he really needed to work out. She looked up at him and her head was fully strait up just to see his face. He was looking around and seemed very panicked. She was thinking how strange this man was. He just fell into a cart of fruit and it didn't even seem to bother him at all.

“Hey… yea, I’ll be Ok. I’ve taken worse falls.”
Man what did this guy do for a living?
“Hey, you didn’t see a short and stocky, ugly lookin’ earthbender with waaay too many arm-muscles a second ago did y-?”

Then out of no where a rock hit this mans shoulder. Emi shot her head around to see if she could find the man that he was just describing. So Emi was now assuming this man was running away from an earthbender. And he obviously didn't bend, he was so skinny and not muscular. Emi was debating if she wanted to start a fight right in the city? But she would never back down from a fight and one was definitely coming. Then she saw a man that fit the description that he described.
“ Stay behind me, it's going to get wet.”

He took a few steps back and let Emi have her space. Then the man approached her and was probably two inches taller than her.
“ Hey little girl why don't you get out of the way, it doesn't concern you.”
“ Excuse me this is my business. You can't bully people just because they can't bend.”
“ Look all I need is this guy. Why don't you let the men talk, stay out of it little lady.”

He pushed her aside and started to head toward the man who fell into the fruit. She didn't know why he wouldn't run? Maybe he knew he couldn't escape? He just was slowly backing up and this earthbender was heading toward him.

“ HEY!”
She pulled the water out of her pouch and water whipped his head.
“ Why don't you see just how much of little lady I am.”
He turned around and started heading toward her.
“ Fine I'm not going to go easy on you just because your a girl,”
“ Bring it.”

He popped some big chunks of rock out of the ground and threw them at her. She kept on dodging them and then caught one in her water. She then shot the water and the rock at his face and he started to bleed. Emi then shot the rest of her water at him and he got shoved against the wall and she froze him to it. She then heard some whistling, police were coming.
“ Ummm That's are sign to go.....RUN!”
She grabbed the mans hand and they both started to run. He was really fast Emi had a hard time keeping up with him but she managed.
“ By the way I'm Emi.”
This user is a guest
azn
Jun 10, 2012 12:43:29 GMT -6

Post by azn on Jun 10, 2012 12:43:29 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
The numbness of his arm was contrasted by the throbbing pain that now ached his shoulder.
The earthbender who attacked him finally emerged from the crowd like a shade out of darkness. A grim smirk on his face. He didn’t seem bothered by the fact that they were in the middle of the street and Sei now had company.

- “Stay behind me, it’s going to get wet.”
Still reeling with pain, Sei did as she said, stepping back and clutching his shoulder.

That’s what I thought: a waterbender

-“ Hey little girl why don't you get out of the way, it doesn't concern you.”

“ Excuse me this is my business. You can't bully people just because they can't bend.”
Sei was about to open his mouth to retort her comment about him not being a bender, but thought it best to keep his mouth shut. This girl was clearly a bender and not afraid to fight, and Sei was not about to try to fight this guy.

I hope she knows how to be discreet. Bending-fights are illegal.

Sei watched as the two exchanged elemental blows, the earthbender unscathed by the fact that the chunks of rock that were missing the girl were hitting people behind her. Only then did the crowd respond. A few screams and shouts and the crowd began to disperse, getting away from the two benders.

In an impressive feat of waterbending, the girl actually caught the earthbender’s rock in her water and used it against him.
Before he could warn her not to, the girl hosed the man up against the store’s wall and froze him to it.

That will definitely get their attention

Almost instantly, Sei heard the familiar whistle of a police-in chase.

“ Ummm That's our sign to go.....RUN!”

“You’re telling ME to run?”
She grabbed his left hand and bolted away from the whistling sound. His shoulder whiplashed, sending a throb of pain that dulled Sei’s vision for a fraction of a second. With two great strides, Sei was able to catch up to the waterbender. He was not about to get arrested, not while on the job.

“ By the way I'm Emi.”

“Emi, you’re crazy! Try to keep up or you’ll be arrested!”

Seikatsu could hear the police reaching the frozen man at the store several feet behind them. It was a lot easier to run since the crowd was also running the same direction. Sei now had the lead. He twisted his wrist so that he had a better grip on her hand to pull. At the corner, Sei made a hard right, pulling Emi around the corner nearly lifting her off her feet.

“We need to find a ladder up to the roofs, the train tracks, or down to the sewers.”

Sei scanned the area for the best escape route.

Could she even keep up with me on the rooftop?
This user is a guest
Last edit by azn: Jun 11, 2012 19:18:17 GMT -6
emimatsuda
Jun 10, 2012 13:11:03 GMT -6

Post by emimatsuda on Jun 10, 2012 13:11:03 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Before Emi knew it she was running for her life. Maybe it wasn't the best thing that she started a fight. And now she is running with this randome kid who was fast. He took the lead in running and was basicly pulling Emi.
“Emi, you’re crazy! Try to keep up or you’ll be arrested!”
Oh so fighting is illegal here my bad.
“We need to find a ladder up to the roofs, the train tracks, or down to the sewers.”
Hmmmm what would did Emi want. In the sewers she could have water to bend with. But she would probably attack the police with it which would be bad. So no sewers because it was to tempting to bend at the police. No to train tracks because Emi didn't see any, which ment more running.
" Rooftop jumping."
Emi looked around there was a ladder 8 feet away that lead to a roof.
" Come on."
Now the ladder was a few feet off the ground and she couldn't reach
" Give me a boost."
So he helped her up. Emi picked the roof top because she has gone iceberg jumping many times. She was hoping it would be almost the same thing.
This user is a guest
azn
Jun 10, 2012 14:08:25 GMT -6

Post by azn on Jun 10, 2012 14:08:25 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Sei was honestly surprised to hear Emi say “Rooftop Jumping”. She was significantly shorter than her, he wondered if her short legs could get her across safely.

A few feet ahead, Emi spotted a ladder up to the roof. Normally, Sei would get a running start and simply jump up to the ladder.

”Give me a boost.”

Sei stopped under the ladder and turned around, clutching his hands together. His shoulder throbbed and his arm tingled as it regained sensation. Emi took a few steps and put her right foot on his hands. With great effort and perhaps the strangest grunt sound Sei has ever made, he pushed her up to the ladder. Surprisingly, she was able to do most of the work and was able to reach the ladder mostly of her own accord. Sei knew he wasn’t much help with his dead-arm.
She began to climb, Sei’s queue to get to the ladder. He turned to see the crowd still running away from the scene around the corner.

That cop will be here soon!

Sei took a running jump into the wall, then launched himself off the wall with a kick. Sei was only able to grab the ladder by his left hand; his right arm still couldn’t extend all the way up.
They both quickly made their way to the roof.

As he pulled himself onto the roof he said: “watch for the balloons”.

Sure enough, to their right, a police balloon headed towards the scene where the earthbender stood frozen on the wall.

“We’re sitting ducks if we don’t get cover. Jumping rooftops is faster, the police don’t seem to like that though, so it is easier to hide behind the train-tracks that grid the city above the streets”
Sei pointed to the opposite direction of the balloon, towards downtown.
“A main rail goes down the coast, from downtown Republic City to the Docks.”

-”Hey you! Stop right there!”
A loud whitsle blew.]

He didn’t realize how close to the edge they were, the cop saw Sei from the streets. He stood in the corner Sei and Emi turned at.

“Now it’s time to really run!”

Sei sped off towards the other side of the building. Most of the roofs on the way to downtown were flat-topped, most being pagoda-shaped until the very top.
He kicked off at the very edge of the building, leaping over the open ground beneath. This was a business district, so most buildings are only a few feet away from eachother; an easy jump for Seikatsu.
He landed and turned his head, hoping she followed.

I hope she can keep up, but she’s the one who picked the roof!
This user is a guest
Last edit by azn: Jun 11, 2012 19:19:35 GMT -6
emimatsuda
Jun 10, 2012 14:37:57 GMT -6

Post by emimatsuda on Jun 10, 2012 14:37:57 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
They were at the rooftops when they saw a police ballon. Then the man Emi was with talked about how they needed to hide better. Emi thought this was crazy. Police here was so seriouse compared to the Norhtern watertribe. They had police in the sky? that was crazy and they were all metal benders. Then a police man spotted them and they really had to run.

Luckily this guy seemed to know what he was doing which meant two things.
One, that he has lived in the City for a long time. Two, he was familiar with running away from the cops. So he stared jumping roofs and Emi followed. The first roof she had to jump she hesitated a little but did jump and made it. It wasn't that bad it was like iceberg jumping. So she was probably ten feet behind him and she could just keep up with him.
Man this guy is fast! Who is this kid?
They finally got close to the ground and got off the roofs.
This user is a guest
azn
Jun 10, 2012 15:08:05 GMT -6

Post by azn on Jun 10, 2012 15:08:05 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
As Sei turned, Emi landed.
“Huh... color me impressed” Behind Emi, Sei could see the police-balloons turn towards them.

Bah. They saw us. Gotta get out of sight!

Confidant that Emi would be behind her, if not a little behind, Seikatsu dashed forward. Roof after roof, they covered a fairly large amount of distance. The next roof was on a short building. Sei did less of a jump and more of a controlled fall, rolling to disperse the momentum as he hit the roof and making sure his delivery bag was protected.
Seikatsu turned again, Emi was in mid-jump, the balloon behind her in the sky racing toward them. He could see the balloon’s chasse open: they were about to send more metalbenders down.
The train tracks were a few blocks ahead.

Sei jumped down to the street, only 7 feet down.
Make a run for it straight to the tracks, or zig-zag through the alleys to lose the police; that was the choice Sei could see.

I still have to reach the docks!

Sei realized that Emi would be following him there.

Would it be alright to bring her on a delivery? She’s able to keep up alright…

He waited for her to land on the street, and then bolted towards the tracks. The streets were still busy with people in this area, but not nearly as much as the markets. Most people were heading for the train on their normal commute. A traffic jam had the streets filled with Satomobiles.

Sei slowed his pace, “If we’re lucky, they will keep looking for a tall man in a red shirt in this crowd.”

Sei took off his messenger bag, holding it with his left hand. Bending back and shifting his weight, Sei took off his red outer-shirt, catching it with his right hand as it fell down his arm. He could now freely move his arm, but his shoulder still throbbed with pain. He stuffed the shirt into the bag and placed it over his left. It felt uncomfortable as he usually slings it on his right shoulder.

“Walk normally and keep heading for the train.”

Walking was not calming for Sei. His heart still raced, and sweat beaded down his temple. Still, he attempted to control his breathing and pretend like he wasn’t running from the police. This couldn't be any better for Emi either... Then again, Sei really didn't know this person.

"By the way, my name is Seikatsu."

Two metal benders emerged from the alley they just ran out of. They split up, combing the crowd and checking behind parked satomobiles. The balloon was still out of sight behind a taller building.
This user is a guest
emimatsuda
Jun 11, 2012 16:09:29 GMT -6

Post by emimatsuda on Jun 11, 2012 16:09:29 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
When they finally got off the roof he looked around. Then he started to run near a train station.“If we’re lucky, they will keep looking for a tall man in a red shirt in this crowd.”
He started to hide his shirt in his bag and he blended in the crowd. Emi's heart was racing. She can't go to jail what would Haku do. And all this started because she decided to be nice and help this guy.
“Walk normally and keep heading for the train.”
Could he see how worried Emi was? Well she did what she was told, she headed closer to the train.
"By the way, my name is Seikatsu."
Finally she knew this guys name. She attempted to look as normal as possible but then she heard the cops. They started to separating the crowd and looked at ever person asking for a waterbender.Emi started to panic she didn't have any clothes besides her watertribe clothes. Then luckily the train came.
"Seikatsu get in hurry." She grabbed him and shoved him in the train. It was a little crowded but that was good. Emi was hoping the doors would close before the cops came to look in. Emi then heard the Ding Ding and the doors closed. The cops then ran up and started banging on the doors but it was to late, they were moving.
" God that was scary. Why on earth was that earthbender chasing you?"
This user is a guest
azn
Jun 12, 2012 18:31:09 GMT -6

Post by azn on Jun 12, 2012 18:31:09 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Slowly, they walked towards the train. Several heartbeats fit into each step. The full minute it took to reach the train station felt like an eternity. Sei began to sweat. The train could be heard in the distance; it is on it’s way. Seikatsu looked over to Emi, make sure she didn’t attempt any more bending that would attract unwanted attention. She seemed very nervous. Sei could overhear some officers a ways behind them questioning some people. They were seeking a waterbender.

Of course… This girl FROZE the guy. We have to be able to get in the train as soon as it gets here.

Taking a few yuans out of his pocket, Sei turned to his right to purchase two one-ride train tickets. Mei was on his left and in her panic didn’t even notice his actions. The ticket-seller took his sweet time as the train barreled into the station; screeching wheels was all anyone could hear as the train slowed to a stop.
Just as Sei gripped the two tickets, Emi pulled him into the train. She pulled him into the busy carriage, forcing Sei to bump his injured right shoulder into a few people as they pushed their way into the train. He turned his head, almost shouting out an insult to the last one who bumped into him, but Sei noticed the police only a few feet away. They noticed him as well. With a shocked look of recognition, the police pushed their way towards them.
Emi pulled him to a seat. The doors on the train closed just as the police reached it.

-”God that was scary. Why on earth was that earthbender chasing you?”

Sei chuckled at the, perhaps unintentional, pun. He knew his client was a ‘shady’ person, but he didn’t think the job would get dangerous. Sei doesn’t take dangerous jobs unless the danger is slow enough to run away from.

“That is a very good question. I don’t even know who that earthbender actually was. He didn’t seem to be affiliated with any gangs. He was after..”

Sei thought about his situation for a moment before finishing his words. He was clearly after the jar, but wasn’t about to fight her until she instigated. She also was able to easily defeat that man… almost too easily. Sei began to wonder if she worked with the earthbender.
No, she couldn’t be. That guy had NO fear of being arrested, almost as if he knew he wouldn’t be… no, she’s legit terrified…

"something I am supposed to deliver."

Sei could have easily taken a glance at the contents of the black jar he collected from the tea shop, but it had always been rule number one NOT to look into the package being delivered. He only broke that rule once, by accident, and will never repeat that mistake.

I wonder just what is in this? What is worth attacking me and possibly getting arrested?

Sei looked out the window, the buildings were moving from right to left; the sea was visible behind them. Out in the distance, right in the middle of the sea was Air Temple Island. He then realized something was terribly wrong and jumped to his feet rather quickly.

“Oh no, we’re going the wrong way!”
Sei turned to see Emi’s confused face.
“This heads back towards the scene of the crime! Police balloons will be everywhere.”

Sei was suddenly aware that everyone on the train was now watching them. He leaned in closer, now nervous that any individual on the train could rat them out.

“We have to get off, now.”

Sei looked out the window behind him and saw that the tracks, which was now suspended off the ground, was about to make a right turn. He turned to the left to where the door to this carriage was. Normaly, one would use that access to board a different part of the train, but to Seikatsu it was an escape route.

“Come on, we’ll have to jump off. Can you make a slide for us to land on the nearest roof as we jump?”

Hearing myself actually saying to ‘jump off the train’: it’s crazy… But it sounds fun
This user is a guest
emimatsuda
Jun 13, 2012 15:24:28 GMT -6

Post by emimatsuda on Jun 13, 2012 15:24:28 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Emi waited for an answer. What did this guy do?
“That is a very good question. I don’t even know who that earthbender actually was. He didn’t seem to be affiliated with any gangs. He was after..something I am supposed to deliver."
Deliver? Emi wasn't sure if she should be hanging around Seikatsu. Who knew what he was delivering? This could end really baldy for Emi. She looked at him as he answered, if he is fire nation they still have a bad reputation, maybe he is a burglar? But there was something in his eyes that looked so peaceful. Maybe there was a reason he was making suspicious deliveries. But he seemed so sweet and as Emi looked at him the city was behind him.

Emi has never seen anything more spectacular. The colors of the buildings blended together as they flew by them. You could see Avatar Aang and the air temple. It was so majestic, Emi couldn't take her eyes off it. The best part for her was how the light perfectly glistened off the water. Water, she was a little home sick but Republic City was definitely better than marriage. But as Emi was taking in the beautiful city, Seikatsu started panicking again.

“Oh no, we’re going the wrong way!”
Oh what is he panicking about now.
“This heads back towards the scene of the crime! Police balloons will be everywhere.”
Oh great he better shut up soon people are starting to stare.
“We have to get off, now.”

He headed to the back of the cart and was looking around outside. Emi was hoping he had something good planed because she doesn't want to go to jail.
“Come on, we’ll have to jump off. Can you make a slide for us to land on the nearest roof as we jump?”
“ YA!..Wait, I'm out of water, I used it to ice the earthbender to the wall. Wait one second though I have an idea.”

Emi went back in the train cart and looked around. She was trying to find someone carrying water on the train because Emi was out. She saw a man who had a water pouch close to Emi's , But how would she get it. She then saw someone walking by and Emi put her foot out, the person fell right in front of the man with the pouch. He got up to help and Emi opened his water pouch that he left on the seat and transferred it to hers. She then went back outside to join Seikatsu.
“ I got water. Ready and........JUMP!”

They jumped off and Emi took out the water and made an ice slide and they safely landed on the roof. Emi then unfroze the water and put it back in the pouch. Then Emi smelt some dumplings. Her mouth watered and she just wanted to take a bite as the smell filled up her nose. But wait, she recognized this smell. She smelt this when she left her apartment this mourning, she was a block away from her apartment.
“ Wait Seikatsu I think my apartment is a block down. We can wait there until everything calms down, follow me.”
They went down a ladder and were now in an alley. They then casually walked to her apartment building and Emi got her key out put it in the lock
“ Just a little warning I have a platypus bear named Haku, he might tackle you to the ground.”
This user is a guest
azn
Jun 17, 2012 11:32:48 GMT -6

Post by azn on Jun 17, 2012 11:32:48 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
So they jumped.

Sei’s heart stopped, just for a moment, as they hung in the air; nothing but a 50-foot drop bellow onto the hard street. Mei stretched her arm out and a small river of water flowed out of her pouch and underneath them. Then, Sei heard the strangest sound. He had never been close to so much water becoming ice due to bending; Sei could only compare it to the sound of crumpling paper.

Sei couldn’t help but smile as gravity took over and they fell. Both their feet landing hard on the newly formed ice-luge, they raced towards the nearest roof. With a roll to disperse momentum, Sei landed on the roof after Mei. He got up and turned to see that Mei already hid the evidence of their escape.
He couldn’t help but let out a laugh.

“I will have to do that again sometime.”

“ Wait Seikatsu I think my apartment is a block down. We can wait there until everything calms down, follow me.”

They descended down a ladder to the alley. Sei recognized the area: downtown. There was a mix of smells in the air. Sei couldn’t tell what they were, but they made him hungry. They both walked at a calm pace now. Sei’s heart still raced as the adrenaline flushed out, but everything felt calmer.
They had escaped.

I still have to make the delivery. I already told her I had to do so. I know I really shouldn’t tell a random person everything about me, but she was nice enough to help me escape that earthbender. She’s obviously new in town, nobody FROM Republic City wants to live around this area; it holds some of the least expensive housing… which just means crimes here are regular

Sei heard the sound of the door unlocking and suddenly felt a blinding pain in his shoulder. He noticed he was suddenly out of breath and sweating. A few moments of disorientation later, Sei realized Haku had pounced him to the ground and was licking his face.
Sei tried to speak, but the nearly-dislocated shoulder Haku’s left-front paw landed on reignited with pain and all Sei could get out was:

“AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUGHHHHHHHHHH!”
This user is a guest
emimatsuda
Jun 17, 2012 17:33:09 GMT -6

Post by emimatsuda on Jun 17, 2012 17:33:09 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Emi unlocked the door and the first thing you see is the Kitchen. It has a little stove and a little fridge. The Kitchen is apart of her bedroom that is all rundown. It has one window and one of the shutters are broken. It was all rundown but it worked well for Emi, and it was in her budget. She then had a tiny night stand with her betrothed necklace on it.

She kept the betrothed necklace even though she ran away from her marriage. She never wore it on her though because she ran away. But she did think it was beautiful. It was light blue and in the shape of the crescent moon. It then had tribal flowers in-printed on it with a dark blue lace. She has not worn it since she got to Republic City.

When she opened the door of course Haku came running. He tackled Seikatsu to the ground like he does for most guest. She then saw her betrothed necklace on the night stand and quickly shoved it in her pocket. She did not want Seikatsu asking any question because it was frowned upon if you left a marriage. Then she heard him screaming on the ground.

" Hey Haku off now."
He came off him and ran on the bed. He looked like he was in a lot of pain.
" Is your shoulder ok? I can ummm try to heal it for you...Maybe?"
Emi not quiet sure because she wasn't the best at it.
This user is a guest
azn
Jun 21, 2012 11:17:21 GMT -6

Post by azn on Jun 21, 2012 11:17:21 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Seikatsu had nearly lost his vision when Haku finally got off. He sat up, regaining his senses and once again feeling the throbbing of his shoulder. He slowly got up, rubbing his shoulder. Seikatsu had inherited a love for animals from his parents. He laughed as Haku sat on Emi's bed, content to listen to his owner. Haku stared at Sei, hopping that he would play.

Sei's eyes drifted to around the apartment. It was typical for this area; small, barely furnished, and a mix of smells from all the food stalls in the area. Sei walked in, slowly closing the door behind him. He didn't want to be exposed to any metalbenders that might be in the area.

-" Is your shoulder ok? I can ummm try to heal it for you...Maybe?"

Sei hadn't even considered that the waterbender could possibly heal. He had assumed he would need to hide a sling under his shirt for the rest of the day.

"Oh, I forgot that's something waterbender's do. Uh.. sure? I mean, if you don't mind. It would make running around a lot easier for me."
Sei looked over to his shoulder. The bruise was on the side, so it was hard for Sei to really see the extend of the damage, but it had begun to turn a dark purple. Sei's slowing heartbeat was felt with every aching pulse through his shoulder as the adrenaline from running from the cops started to ware off.

"So, what do I have to do? I've never been ... water-healed? before." If it wasn't the legitimate description it sure sounded right to Sei.

"I've only seen some waterbending for myself, people don't usually bust out with frozen waterbending techniques like you did. Thanks, by the way."
This user is a guest
emimatsuda
Jun 23, 2012 16:13:50 GMT -6

Post by emimatsuda on Jun 23, 2012 16:13:50 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
"Oh, I forgot that's something waterbender's do. Uh.. sure? I mean, if you don't mind. It would make running around a lot easier for me. So, what do I have to do? I've never been ... water-healed? before. I've only seen some waterbending for myself, people don't usually bust out with frozen waterbending techniques like you did. Thanks, by the way."

Emi got some water from the sink and brought it over to Seikatsu. She was very nervous, she never did to well in the healing department except he didn't know that. She slowly walked over hoping he wouldn't notice how shaky and nervous she was.
“ Oh all you need to do is sit down and leave it to me.”
She lifted up his sleeve revealing his shoulder. It looked very discolored and was swollen.
“ Now this should only hurt a little.”
She pressed the water on him and focus. She did exactly what her grandmother told her to do. She felt the tensions and tried to mend it together. He was moaning a lot in pain but Emi almost had it down.
“ Ya I've noticed that there are not many waterbenders here in the city. But what can I say I was born to fight and I was born to be a waterbender. Ok you should be good now.”
Emi couldn't stop smiling she actually did it. The color was gone and it wasn't swollen it looked like a normal shoulder.
“ Well if you want you can stay over night or if you have to run that's fine. But its just me and Haku so there is room for you if you want.”
This user is a guest
azn
Jun 23, 2012 16:42:06 GMT -6

Post by azn on Jun 23, 2012 16:42:06 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Emi held the water in suspension like he imagined a fortune teller holds a crystal ball. Her face was stern in focus and she held her hands as if holding the strings to a puppet. Sei had never seen this done before and he suddenly felt like he was in some abandoned cot in the woods seeking mystic healing. The water was cool, but it soothed Seikatsu's throbbing shoulder. It almost felt like his shoulder was becoming a sponge, absorbing the water.

Emi pressed the water and the soothing stopped. Like an angry spider wasp the water seemed to sink into his muscles in a very unexpected way. He could feel the muscle tissue within his shoulder get ice-cold. He imagined the water literally wrapping around all his muscles and nerves. Whether that is how it actually worked was still an enigma to Sei, but that's what it felt like. He tried to hold back a cry of agony.
" GAHHHHHHHHHHHHhhh!!"
And it stopped. Sei's shirt stuck too him in uncomfortable ways as it was drenched in sweat. Sei didn't realize just how heavy his breathing had gotten. He looked over to see that his shoulder was indeed less swollen. Slowly, he rotated his shoulder, feeling as the muscles shifted in their newly relocated positions.

"Wow! It hurt a bit at first, but it feels TOTALLY fine now! Thanks, that's amazing."

" Well if you want you can stay over night or if you have to run that's fine. But its just me and Haku so there is room for you if you want."

Seikatsu couldn't help but bust out laughing. He could tell she was new to the city.. any city, let alone Republic City.

"Sorry, Emi. I'm going to guess you didn't mean what most Republic City folk mean when they say 'stay over night'. I'd stay and chill, but I'm still on the job! Oh, right"

Sei shifted his messenger bag to his front and began to rummage through it. He kept his favorite red shirt tucked in there in case the cops were still looking for someone fitting that description. He pulled out the small black jar the tea-shop owner had given him. A coarse rope was tied around the rim and over the lid to keep it from opening. Sei held it out to show Emi, it was roughly the size of his now-healed shoulder.

"I deliver things. This is what I was supposed to get in town today, but that earthbender seemed to want it pretty bad. I have no idea what it is, and I don't want to know. I don't get paid if I peek."

Since she was nice enough to help him this whole time, Sei could at least share the reason for their misadventure.
This user is a guest
emimatsuda
Jun 23, 2012 16:56:47 GMT -6

Post by emimatsuda on Jun 23, 2012 16:56:47 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Emi was happy that he was all healed and better. He seemed like the kind of guy that could not afford to be hurt. He seemed very grateful that he was held and Emi was glad she could do it. He then seemed like he was trying to hold in something. Then he burst out laughing?
"Sorry, Emi. I'm going to guess you didn't mean what most Republic City folk mean when they say 'stay over night'. I'd stay and chill, but I'm still on the job! Oh, right.I deliver things. This is what I was supposed to get in town today, but that earthbender seemed to want it pretty bad. I have no idea what it is, and I don't want to know. I don't get paid if I peek."

Emi forgot she wasn't in the watertribe anymore. I guess asking someone to stay overnight is different then asking someone to stay in your igloo. Well Emi sat down on her bed next to Haku while he explained what he did. Emi just played with her water and made an ice cup that was filled with water and took a sip.
" Well at least you have a job I can't find one anywhere. Well if you need to go then go."
Emi's ice cup turned into water again and she whipped it around the door handle and opened the door for him.
This user is a guest
azn
Jun 23, 2012 17:26:32 GMT -6

Post by azn on Jun 23, 2012 17:26:32 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
" Well at least you have a job I can't find one anywhere. Well if you need to go then go."

Sei raised a brow "Whaaaat? Oh C'mon, I'm sure there's plenty of work for a waterbender around here. Especially if you can heal, I know a LOT of people that would pay for instant healing. In fact, I'd pr-"

Sei stopped himself. He doesn't usually pause to think, but a sudden 'ah ha' moment occurred to him. He's been doing deliveries on a word-of-mouth basis and it has been working well, so far. But, most of the people who hire him are buisnessOWNERS, not buisness-workers. Seikatsu never really thought about the future; he was more of an in-the-moment person, but suddenly the prospect of a much larger income seemed attainable. Sei could afford more dangerous work if he's got a healer-for-hire on his side. Plus, Haku must be able to go pretty fast, Sei could even double his output.

"you know what? Here," Sei pulled out 10 Yuans out of his pocket, a little less than half of what was left, and handed it over to Emi, "You were nice enough to help me out, but you should think about how valuable your healing might be."

Sei walked to the door, smiling as he saw the current of water twist the door handle open. He didn't have many bending friends and didn't get to see much bending occur besides the occasional probending match, but it was something he very much enjoyed regardless of element.

"If I need healing again I'll come back. I'll pay you more if it hurts less!"

Sei laughed wildly as he closed the door behind him. Now fully healed, Seikatsu returned to his normal pace and dashed around the corner, heading for the bay to complete his delivery.

I'm not sure how, Sei, but you just made a bender-friend! .. I think. At the very least an acquaintance. And a healer of all things! If my plan works out, I can finally move out and be on my own!
This user is a guest
Last edit by azn: Jun 23, 2012 17:26:52 GMT -6