The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

An interesting encounter (tag: kye)

emimatsuda
Jun 24, 2012 15:50:48 GMT -6

Post by emimatsuda on Jun 24, 2012 15:50:48 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Emi and Haku went back to the apartment to eat their food.  They would always sit on there creeky floor and eat meals together. Emi would usually talk about her day to Haku like he understood her.  Today Emi bought Haku some blubbered seal jerky while Emi was eating some Komodo chicken. As they eat Emi told Haku how she had to run away from metal benders because she started a fight in the streets. 

They finished their food and headed to bed. The bed smelt awful and was very squeaky and hard. So Haku usually took up the whole bed and Emi would just sleep on Haku.  As Haku fell asleep Emi was thinking how she needs to find a job. Maybe she could find a job using her waterbending? Well tomorrow she would set out for the streets again looking for a job.

Emi walked the streets trying to find a sign were help was wanted, but there were none.  Her stomach then started to rumble for food. She skipped breakfast because she didn't have the money to buy any. Then Emi heard lots of cheering from down the street. When she got close she realized the street was filled with street performers. Then Emi had an idea. She would pretend to give them money but actually take the money that was in the performers cans. 

Emi tryed it out on someone on a unicycle. He was jumping on it and people were placing money in is cup. Emi stuck her hand in and grabbed some coins and continued on. It worked it looked like she gave some money, people were unaware that she was actually walking away with some. As she made her way down the street she was almost home and there was one last performer. Emi actually watched this one. A girl with one arm was moving sand and making beautiful art. But Emi needed the money, she did her little scheme and walked to her apartment.

"Hey Haku guess what I think I made at least 20......"
Emi heard someone knocking on her door.  Emi's first thought was metal benders that saw her on the street. Her heart started to pound but she thought she could take them. She told Haku to stay on the bed and left her kitchen sink on for water. She took some water and took a deep breath. She quickly opened the door and grabbed the person with her water. She closed the door and quickly froze them against the wall.  She then got a good look at this person, and it was no metal bender. It was the girls from the street with one arm.

" OH MY GOD I'M SO SORRY." Emi quickly got rid of the ice wall.
" You are here for your money aren't you? Oh my god I'm so sorry please don't call the cops. I'll get you your money just hold a second." 
What has Emi got her self into now.
This user is a guest
Last edit by Deleted: Jun 24, 2012 19:19:47 GMT -6
narf
Jun 24, 2012 17:16:50 GMT -6

Post by narf on Jun 24, 2012 17:16:50 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Kye was exhausted. She had practised in the morning, and she had so much self-imposed homework for all kinds of stuff like the newest technology, the current politics, Pro-bending and gossip about the Avatar, she hadn't had the time to relax and really socialize. Even now she still wasn't socializing, she was heading to the downtown markets to try and work to earn a living while going there she could finish up the last of her 'homework' a news article about the Avatar's sudden arrival to the city. She figured that if she took a break now, she would have to take time from her weekend to study. The news told her of the avatar going against some triads, IT was a days old paper, but it still interested her. She really didn't want to have to self-study in the weekend., and in all honesty she probably wouldn't even remember that she needed to anyway. Her Weekend was important to have free, because she was going to watch Pro-bending for the first time, something she looked forward to.

It wasn't that she didn't enjoy schooling herself, she loved gaining knowledge, but she had really gotten interested in Pro-bending, in fact she rather loved it. She was tired of working, her body was still complaining on a daily basis the scar was healed but it still gave pains, she did the work anyway, she had to because she had no more money for rent, and because she wanted to learn more about the city, she loved watching people. Kye told herself that she did the work to satisfy her need for money, even if that wasn't the exact the truth. The truth was that she did it to satisfy her curiosity of the world, a world she for so long had watched from the sideline without being a part of it, and without the possibility to become a real part of it. She had this possibility now, thus the world stood in a different light, now she watch as if to take courage to jump into the world and participate in it.

She pushed open the bag she had with her, her arm was loaded full, she had a white canvas and a bag full of clean sand. It reminded her a bit of her old home before she joined the assassins, the street was dusty and hot and so coming here now made her just a tad homesick. She cursed herself, she was twenty three, and she longed for something long gone, she sighed. There was not one to welcome her home, and not a home in the first place, she had to just accept that..

Rapidly scanning the streets, she made her way through the mob of people travelling the street, passing the enormous buildings, she gazed over the shops and street performers to find a suitable spot to settle down with her white canvas.. Glancing upward looking at the sun she sighed continued down the street, Kye felt sure that there was no way anyone could actually stop and pay interest to all of these shops and street performers, even if they stayed 24/7 for an entire week. Thus she had to attract special attention or shed just be walked past like happened to most of the street performers. She could not allow that to happen, she had rent to pay.

She placed her things upon the closest empty suitable spot. She unpacked her collapsible chair and unfolded it onto the ground, Her foot wrapped around the chair leg and pulled it under her to sit on. She collapsed into the seat and held the edge of the white plate, pulling it to herself, placing it on her lap. She sighed, she was so tired but she put on a slight smile. And then she started to bend the sand up from her bag let us unfold itself on the white canvas shaping beautiful pictures, she started with glaciers and shifted the sand as if it zoomed onto the island from above until it zoomed inside a small ice igloo, and from there she started the story of Aang the Avatar that brought peace to the world and created Republic city. She started the story by showing pictures of Katara one of his loyal friends. From there she went on to show pictures of the Air-Temples populated and lively as they had been is his days of yore. The sand pictures were detailed and beautiful more so than any artist could make without sandbending, some of her figures flew out of the picture Aang mostly to give it a third dimensional feel to it. IT bit on, this was unique enough to attract attention, she started to narrate to it, this felt nice..

She had never been paid any positive attention like this while not playing a role. This was herself who made people intrigued and interested. It gladdened her greatly.

Kye cleared her head, and began to focus. It was hard to narrate and do such fine Sandbending at the same time, and with one hand, she held the canvas with sand as well, her mug got filled and it was not long before she could see that her rent for the month was secured. She closed her eyes and sighed, not knowing if she had a proper roof over her head next month had tired her greatly, the uncertainty of it that is. When she opened them her eyes fixed from old instinct on a hand giving money to her mug, but it did not contribute.. It stole.. The hand which belonged to a Water Tribe girl was dirty as if it had been in some fight earlier yesterday or earlier today. The young water tribe girl walked away as if nothing had happened.. Hmm the girl didn't think anyone had seen it. OH Well, Kye sighed she needed her rent. She stopped, bending the sand back in her bag closed it, curtsied to the audience and said when shed continue the story next week to help people that like to see it from where she had stopped. Then her eyes fixed on the water tribe girl again, she was farther away but not out of sight, Kye followed...

Some minutes later she arrived at a sorry looking building which the water tribe girl went inside, she knocked politely, chances were she had to make conversation with some really big water tribe dad. She felt sorry for herself. This just had to happen the first day she went to work. No-one answered, she placed her hand on the door to see if it was locked.

The door swung open easily, a second before her fingers touched the handle, it had been opened from the inside. Aw great, there she was, and she was a bender, seconds went by and Kye stood nailed to a wall, frozen. She could not bend for that would make her drop her white canvas, nor did she really want to The girl looked as lost as she herself felt. Smells of dust and old furniture, cloth and wood invaded her nose. Yes, it was more need than greed that had made this girl rob her.. That was certain.

" OH MY GOD I'M SO SORRY." Emi quickly got rid of the ice wall.
" You are here for your money aren't you? Oh my god I'm so sorry please don't call the cops. I'll get you your money just hold a second."

Kye had no idea how to react. She wanted to speak with this girls parents.. She looked down herself, wet from the water, she looked at her bag with sand, it was not wet, but her canvas was.. She looked after the small Water Tribe Girl.. She was not trying to look kind which was the only thing that could undermine her normal aura, she was admittedly slightly annoyed.. And thus the presence she was so sad she had got empowered. Kyes intimidating presence appeared, both physically and intellectually; she appears equally adept at outmanoeuvring her adversaries using her considerable wits and academic knowledge as she does like one achieving her objectives through sheer brute strength. She is a tall, broad woman of around twenty-three, possessing the air with a presence of a powerful animal in her movement. So there she stood tall, wet and her good day had just been ruined-— The girl had the back turned.. How did she want to be? How should her start in this city turn out.. Now was the crossroad... She relaxed and the presence of her old self, the killer, the assassin was gone before the girl turned around again. For some reason she didn't want to scare her. She put on an understanding smile, not knowing why she shrugged and said--
"It is fine, tell me, where are your parents?"

This user is a guest
Last edit by narf: Jun 24, 2012 17:33:28 GMT -6
emimatsuda
Jun 24, 2012 18:27:44 GMT -6

Post by emimatsuda on Jun 24, 2012 18:27:44 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Emi was now scrambling around her apartment. This person looked furious with her or it was just the vibe she was giving off. She looked terrifying and was covered in scares. Emi ran to the sink and turned off the water and went through her change that she placed by the sink. She was shaking and dropping coins trying to figure out how much she took from her. She looked over to see what Haku was doing because she did not want him tackling this girl. But he was still laying down on the bed, obeying Emi's orders.

She got ten even though Emi knew it was not that much. She was hoping that the extra money would make her less angry. She got the change in her hand and turned around when she said something that made Emi panic.
"It is fine, tell me, where are your parents?"
Emi froze with the money in her hand. She looked around and saw this girl was wet and so was this white slab she was holding in her hand. Where are Emi's parents? Well right now they were probably still looking for her with her fiance. But Emi didn't know what to tell this stranger. She didn't know her and did not know if she could tell her the truth or not. She could say her parents were out or that she was an orphan. But for some reason she didn't say any of those answers.
“ Well umm first let me dry you off.” Emi took the moisture out of her canvas and her clothes.
“ My Parents.....well ummm I ran away it's just me and Haku.”

Emi gestured over to Haku sitting on her bed. Then Emi held out her hand with the coins in it. She also could not help staring at her arm that was missing. Emi was thinking of what this girl has been through. She had multiple scares and no arm? What did this girl do to deserve that? Emi was still waiting for this girl to take her money. Emi did not need anymore trouble and she wanted this scary looking stranger out of her apartment.
This user is a guest
narf
Jun 25, 2012 7:03:11 GMT -6

Post by narf on Jun 25, 2012 7:03:11 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
This took Kye aback, she had run away from her parents? Why? Family is so important! She thought back to her own family which had been cruelly ripped away from her in an early age, and could imagine no reason to have run from that place willingly... But not every story was narrated by the same muse was it? This girl would have her reason to be here, and now she was alone. Alone, with a big animal to feed beside herself- Now she was stealing, and had a future within that field ahead of herself, may even end up with those Triad types she had read about. She stopped her trail of thought sometimes went overboard. But the thought had drilled itself into her mind, and for some reason it filled her with fear. Kye followed the girls eyes to her left empty sleeve. She knew she looked like a killer, and she was, no running from that, but she didn't want to be one or to look like one. She herself had been shocked and saddened while she trained and worked, what little beauty she had in her teenage years withered away as the amount of jobs and scars piled up with every other assassination. And the day she woke up sweating without her left arm every childish dream of a future family sank into an abyss. Yes, it was no wonder the girl looked at her missing arm, she would have herself in the girls position.

She didn't take the money, she had been taught to seduce and look kind to appeal to many different kinds of people when she still had beauty to seduce and distract, now it was herself that genuinely felt like she actually wanted to look kind, she had no devious goal, she wanted to make this tense situation less frightening. This girl looked capable but no matter how capable she was still just a girl who had for some reason run from her home and secure surroundings.

"Just you and... Haku.. Right, Do, do you live here alone? I will not intrude upon your privacy and go as far as to ask why you would run from your family but I will extend a helping hand."
She felt like the least capable person to take care of a human life in the world she who had taken so many, and least deserving of such a responsibility. Yet she could not leave this as it is, her living alone.
"Come with me. We both have questions I can imagine. Let those rest till the morrow. "
Kye expected a no, she didn't know what answer she wanted. But for some reason she could not just let this rest and do nothing.

Kye placed the white board on the floor and held forth her hand, which had a scar running along it as-well.
This user is a guest
Last edit by narf: Jun 26, 2012 9:19:29 GMT -6
emimatsuda
Jul 2, 2012 15:04:05 GMT -6

Post by emimatsuda on Jul 2, 2012 15:04:05 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Emi held out the money then realized she was staring at her arm and quickly looked away and made eye contact. But for some reason she pushed her hand back. Emi was confused? She then thought maybe she wanted more but Emi couldn't spare more money,  so she was getting ready to waterbend again. This girl looked like trouble to Emi.

"Just you and... Haku.. Right, Do, do you live here alone? I will not intrude upon your privacy and go as far as to ask why you would run from your family but I will extend a helping hand. Come with me. We both have questions I can imagine. Let those rest till the morrow. "

Now Emi was very confused. Did this girl want to kill her or become her new therapist. Emi didn't know what to think but for some reason she felt a good vibe from her. Emi did need to go out anyway and buy a few things. What would be the harm with going out with a sand bender with one arm.

" Ya just me and Haku. Let me get some money, I need to buy some food for Haku. I'll follow you, by the way I'm Emi Matsuda."
This user is a guest
Last edit by narf: Jul 2, 2012 15:05:02 GMT -6
narf
Jul 3, 2012 10:17:32 GMT -6

Post by narf on Jul 3, 2012 10:17:32 GMT -6

Guest Avatar

Kye scratched her head, this was such a new situation for her... She looked around the house with her unforgiving gaze. She looked back at the girl and nodded slightly as to say fine get the money. She tried to put a patronizing face on as to not look so scary..
".. Ehm.. Pleased to meet you Emi Matsuda, I am Kye."
Awkward pause..
"Say, these rooms, are they rented?"
She looked at the.. creature and thought it would have be a very understanding owner to allow such a... Yea, To live here.
This user is a guest

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Jul 3, 2012 10:57:03 GMT -6

A Long Display Name Here Avatar
As a reminder, please keep all in-character post a full two standard paragraphs, comprised of five to seven full and complete sentences. Thank you.
This user is Mod
emimatsuda
Jul 3, 2012 15:37:33 GMT -6

Post by emimatsuda on Jul 3, 2012 15:37:33 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
" Oh ya I rent the room out.  Took me forever to find a place that would take Haku. The land lady didn't mind probably because well...... Look around."

Her  Apartment was still a mess especially because she lives in it now. There are some clothes on the ground and dirty dishes. Emi looked around thinking she really needed to clean up but then she saw her bethrovethed necklace on the night stand. Kye was looking around and Emi quickly snatched it and put it in her pocket. It had the traditional silky blue lace and a crescent moon with water tribal carvings on it.

She always hid the necklace because it was frowned upon if you ran away from a marriage. But Emi didn't want to be tide down by a man or anyone for that matter. She didn't need family she just needed her waterbending. She knew she was good at it and was probably better than half the water benders in pro bending. But right now she had to focus on getting settled in with the city and had to go with this Kye girl.
This user is a guest