The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

Sokka Application

Post by Gia on Feb 6, 2009 0:50:23 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
OOC: Yeah, finally, I know... Not the best, but I think I managed to get everything, albet briefly in some cases...

Sokka lay in his bed, staring up the ceiling with his blue eyes. He hadn’t been able to asleep tonight for some reason; there was too much on his mind, probably. He could hear the breathing of the others in the room, for many people stayed in this room. In the room behind him were yet more people in their group, and in front of him, that’s right, even more people. How did their group get so big? It started out small, just him, Katara, and Aang. Then there was Karena and Quan-Li, followed by Kanea, then Zuko and Iroh, then Lakano, Akita, and Hatsuharu, then Makaro, and finally Kureno. It was enough to make your head spin. Start out with three and end up with… what was their count now? Thirty? How did the Avatar’s group end up so large? Did everyone have a hero complex or something? He and Katara was one thing, but so many other people were getting a bit crazy. If more people joined their group, Sokka was likely to scream.

It seemed like a lifetime ago that he and Katara had run into Aang, frozen in a giant iceberg for a hundred years, though of course, they didn’t know that at the time. After that, they were thrown into a life of adventure, helping the Avatar in his quest to Master the other three elements by summer’s end. It seemed impossible, but it was one they didn’t have a choice in. They were with Aang until the end. Although, it did seem a bit unusual that a couple ordinary kids from the Southern Water Tribe would end up meeting the Avatar and traveling with him, helping him to the defeat the Fire Lord and the Fire Nation. After all, there wasn’t anything unusual about them… well, Katara had been the only Waterbender in the South Pole, but that was different entirely. Sokka had long since outgrown his belief that Waterbending was “magic”. So much time spent around benders, especially one like Aang, was enough to change any man’s mind.

Not just Aang… Sokka had met many benders, both good and bad. There were the good… Earthbenders like Quan-Li, Akita, and Kei. Karena, Zuko, and Iroh were firebenders. Wait, Kanea was, too, but honestly, did she really count? Then, of course, his sister and Lakano, the Waterbenders. They other non-benders, too, including himself. There was also Kureno, and his tutor, Makaro. Of course, where they were good benders, there were also bad… Azula was by far the worst, though her father was bound to be even worse than she was. Sure, there were benders in Halaku’s Hunt that annoyed the hell out of them. Somehow, they had always managed to beat them, and Halaku himself, the biggest pain in the butt besides the Firebending Princess herself, was a non-bender, an assassin trained to kill benders – a Galgori: Bender Hunter. Both of them were people he could without having met. All they had caused them since their respective meetings was trouble.

Trouble… That’s all they seemed to get these days. Every now and again, Sokka wished that they were back home in the South Pole with nothing to worry about what the kids were doing, what Gran Gran wanted them to do, or what cores there needed to be done… Now, his worries were much greater. Like, how would they fare against Shakhran’s battalion? It was inevitable that they go and fight the Fire Nation’s major weapon’s stronghold before they left for the Fire Nation itself. Then, there was going to the Fire Nation itself, and when would Aang get better… not just because without him, there was no hope, but Aang was a friend of his, a very good friend. It was hard to believe sometimes that he was still only going on sixteen.

Sighing, Sokka swung his legs over the side of his bed, running a hand through his hair, which he always kept down for bed. Walking across the room to get a glass of water, he nearly tripped over a bracelet in the middle of the floor as he did so. Damn, who left that there, he asked himself. Managing to miss it on the way back, the swordsman lay back in his bed, and felt a yawn overtake him. Finally, he was getting sleepy… Strange that he should feel tired after thinking about how much different his life had become in less than a year. Rolling over on his side, he got himself comfortable. Blue eyes dropping, Sokka had one last thought before he went off to the land of sleep… If serious thinking makes me tired, why don’t I get tired when we’re making plans?
This user is Mod
Last edit: Feb 27, 2011 3:11:26 GMT -6

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Feb 6, 2009 2:27:07 GMT -6

A Long Display Name Here Avatar
Well, personally, I would've liked to see a bit more of Sokka's jokey/sarcastic/complainey side...you know, the lighter side of Sokka. Well written though, and as I'm sure you knew I would:

This user is Mod
Anonymous
Feb 6, 2009 7:52:00 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Feb 6, 2009 7:52:00 GMT -6

I too would have enjoyed more stereotypical Sokka. However, it's nice to know that he thinks once in a while.

This user is a former member
ailin
Feb 6, 2009 21:10:07 GMT -6

Post by ailin on Feb 6, 2009 21:10:07 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
No mention of Suki? ;) Nah, seriously, while I'm with Toph and Shio about highlighting more of Sokka's comedic aptitude, you know how to write for him. I like that you show his more strategic side and the last thought at the end does have the Sokka charm.

This user is a guest

Post by Gia on Feb 6, 2009 22:21:43 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
Ah, I knew I was forgetting someone... *smacks self* I'll just use the excuse that he's preoccupied with all the stuff that's going on right now. *sheepish look*

Also, I want to note that it's a misconception that Sokka's all fun and games. I am of the belief that he covers up his more serious side with his jokes and jabs. So, with that being said, in my opinion, he says more jokes than he thinks. Which is why, in this post, since it's all thinking, his joking side isn't seen as much.

Anyway, thanks for accepting it, and I know that you know I know how to play Sokka. :)
This user is Mod