The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

Join the Fire Nation Resistance!

Post by Gia on Feb 13, 2009 0:57:30 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
There’s a secret resistance brewing in the Fire Nation… Interested? Read on for more information!

A Brief History of the Fire Nation Resistance
[/u][/center]

The Resistance was started by a nobleman named Makino. He grew up with the current Fire Lord, Ozai. He had already been suspicious of Ozai and his lust for power, but really got worried when he banished his own son and Makino’s only daughter, Karena. Then, Makino knew that things were going too far, and that Ozai had to be stopped sooner rather than later. The same went for Ozai’s daughter, Azula, whom he saw was quickly following her father’s footsteps. He quickly began recruiting people he knew around the area. The Resistance is young, but it’s going strong, and still secret from the Fire Lord.

The Goals of the Resistance

The Resistance is looking to help Avatar Aang, and anyone assisting him, take down the Fire Lord. They realize that the Avatar cannot successfully do it alone. They know that he has help, and their mission is to aid him and make sure that Azula is taken down as well. Then, they intend to replace Ozai and Azula with Zuko, and by default, Karena. Now, they are also aware that Zuko has a child by Makino’s daughter, Karena. Therefore, Zuko has an heir, which is the all the more reason to put him on the throne.

What sort of people are the Resistance interested in?
[/u]

The Resistance is mainly looking for people involved in the military. They are interested in recruiting soldiers for obvious reasons, as the more soldiers they have, the easier it will be to overturn Ozai and Azula. The Resistance is also looking for any merchants that either serve the military or work around the Capitol. They are also looking for any civilians that know soldiers or merchants or who live around the Capitol.

Note: Kanea, who is going to be playing Makino, and I are also looking for two people that would have been helping Makino lead the Resistance since around the time he started it, which would be almost four years ago. If you are interested, please PM Kanea. You must be prepared to edit your profile if you already posted it.

If interested, please fill out the form below. You must be prepared to edit your profile if you have already posted it. This thread is ONLY for applications. All discussions will taken place in the discussion thread here. You will receive a reply here by either me or Kanea and be added to the member list there if you are accepted.

[b]Display Name:[/b]
[b]Character’s Name:[/b]
[b]Character’s Age:[/b]
[b]Character’s Profession:[/b]
[b]What would your character bring to the Resistance?[/b]

Let’s help take down Fire Lord Ozai and Princess Azula!
This user is Mod
Last edit by Deleted: Feb 26, 2010 15:25:34 GMT -6
raikou
Feb 13, 2009 11:42:03 GMT -6

Post by raikou on Feb 13, 2009 11:42:03 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Character’s Name: Hakurai, Raikou
Character’s Age: 18
Character’s Profession: Run away Lieutenant Colonel of the Fire Nation Army (in Navy ranks, think of him as Commander Zhou). He is able to lead his own battalion of men (typically 500-1500 men). He ranks above Majors, Captians, and Lieutenants (not to be confused with Lieutenant General who serves under the General). Long story short, he is 5 ranks from General status out of 10. Not so high, but not so low either.

What would your character bring to the Resistance?

Being part of the OotWL, Raikou has access to bundles of information at his finger tips. Hakurai's not going to start out in the Fire Nation Resistance right away, however, I'm hoping that he will be re-positioned back in the Fire Nation once he is promoted to an official Member of the White Lotus. Also, it doesn't hurt to be the son of a General overseeing the defence of the Fire Nation's Capital. Raikou Hakurai has studied Fire Nation tactics and military strategy. He has access to vital information and will be deemed worthy in the future to be promoted to Brigadier General serving under his father as a subordinate. The position works well because his father wouldn't expect him to be a leech and he has access to Fire Nation plans and occasional entrance into the War Chamber accompanying his father to learn the ropes of being a general.

Raikou Hakurai is re-learning the use of his firebending after having gone through a troubling time from the Firebending Master Tsien Ten-Do of the Order. Even though he cannot use firebending at the moment, he is a skilled warrior in the art of the Naginata and is beginning to learn the art of Goju-ryu Karate. Raikou Hakurai is intelligent and wise, however, I'd refrain from calling him a genious until he proves himself of that quality in RPs if he ever does (how does one RP a genious if they always make simple mistakes or overlook something).
This user is a guest
Last edit by raikou: Feb 13, 2009 11:48:55 GMT -6

Post by Gia on Feb 13, 2009 19:54:05 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
Looks good. Welcome aboard!
This user is Mod
Anonymous
Feb 14, 2009 22:10:15 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Feb 14, 2009 22:10:15 GMT -6

((I really have nothing going for Shio, and I wouldn’t be surprised if I was turned down.))

Display Name: Shio

Character’s Name: Shio

Character’s Age: 15

Character’s Profession: Traveler, he has been just about everywhere.

What would your character bring to the Resistance? Shio was raised in a military family. His father was the leader of a regime which was unfortunately the fresh meat for the Earth Kingdom. As such Shio was raised to fight. Because of what he is, he was raised to defend himself against any firebender. He understands the Fire Nation ideology behind bending, and knows how to fight against it.

He is adept at manipulating the state of water, and would be able to provide any assistance in that field. He knows basic techniques for healing, and could also provide some medical assistance to wounded men, like a field medic.
This user is a former member

Post by Gia on Feb 14, 2009 22:16:35 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
Question: Does Shio currently live with his parents and/or around the Capitol?
This user is Mod
Anonymous
Feb 14, 2009 22:22:56 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Feb 14, 2009 22:22:56 GMT -6

Mommy and Daddy are dead, as are the rest of his immediate family. He is somewhere in the Fire Nation. I was RPing with Coer and Halaku in Inoue's place at some intersection, but then Halaku stopped posting so I don't know what's going on there. However, he is in the Fire Nation, and the past RP presents many opportunities to end up in the capitol.
This user is a former member

Post by Gia on Feb 14, 2009 22:26:22 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
Okay, well then with that in consideration, I think something can be worked out - an information gatherer living around the capitol, picking up rumors, perhaps. :) Those are always needed. Welcome aboard.
This user is Mod
greenwirez
Feb 25, 2010 16:37:18 GMT -6

Post by greenwirez on Feb 25, 2010 16:37:18 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Character’s Name: Chang Sai

Character’s Profession: I Am A Guard Of A Small town.

What would your character bring to the resistance?: I Am An Excellent Fire Bender, Yes I Am A Fire Bender But, I Believe That Fire Lord Ozai Should Go Down I Don't Think That Killing Him Is The Only Way To Win This War, But If The Avatar Finds Another Way It Is His Choice To Kill Him Or Not, I Will Help In This War But I Believe It Is The Avatar's Place To Defeat Ozai.

.I Wish To Help The Resistance Because I Am Trust Worthy, And If I Get Captured I Will Not I Swear I Will Not Tell Them The Resistance's Plans And, I Am A Team Player, If Someone Is Struggling, When He Is Fighting I Will Help Them.
This user is a guest

Post by Gia on Feb 26, 2010 0:00:07 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
greenwirez - Due to all the questions you've asked me and the fact that you don't even have your profile up yet, I'm denying your application. After a few months, if your prove yourself a good RPer, and a good, dedicated member, apply again.
This user is Mod
zanisha
May 16, 2010 21:39:27 GMT -6

Post by zanisha on May 16, 2010 21:39:27 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Display Name: Zana
Character’s Name: Zana Kyoto
Character’s Profession: Traveler
What would your character bring to the Resistance? Zana is firebender born from a family of military roots. Her father is a Colonel (rank below the General) in a military base in the outskirts of the capitol. Also, her mother currently resides in the capitol as well. Having once lived there herself, Zana knows the area quite well. Although the teen is now in New Ozai, she never made her betrayal to her nation known and could easily pose as a loyal firebender if needed. Having been trained in the art of firebending since she first discovered her gift, Zana is of intermediate firebending level. In addition to this, the teen prefers to fight close range and thereby is quite adept in close-combat fighting, To aid her in this, the firebender keeps a dagger concealed within her right boot. Smart, stubborn, and extremely loyal, Zana will work hard to complete any task she is given and would never betray those close to her.
This user is a guest
Last edit by raikou: May 16, 2010 21:55:34 GMT -6

Post by Gia on May 17, 2010 16:12:20 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
Zana, before I consider this... being a member of the Resistance would require Zana to be in the Fire Nation, captiol preferrably. Is that possible for her?
This user is Mod
zanisha
May 17, 2010 22:04:38 GMT -6

Post by zanisha on May 17, 2010 22:04:38 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Yes, no one knows of her betrayal to her nation; not even her parents. Zana could easily come up with a cover story for her years of absence in New Ozai unpon her return. Also, I haven't begun rp'ing yet so I could simply start there, once my exemption is accepted and what not of course. :)
This user is a guest
Last edit by raikou: May 19, 2010 15:08:24 GMT -6

Post by Gia on May 21, 2010 23:05:06 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
I'm sorry for the wait, Zana, but I've had some internet problems recently. Let me give it some thought and I'll get back to you tomorrow most likely.
This user is Mod
zanisha
May 22, 2010 20:09:15 GMT -6

Post by zanisha on May 22, 2010 20:09:15 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
No problem, totally understand. I shall just wait until you get back to me before I try and find a place to start rp'ing then. I apololigize about the shortness of this post, I really don't know what else to say haha. I hope your internet gets fixed up soon.
This user is a guest

Post by Gia on May 22, 2010 20:13:02 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
Okay, I say yes. PM me and we can try and work out something for getting Zana into this.
This user is Mod
kain
Jun 12, 2010 1:02:12 GMT -6

Post by kain on Jun 12, 2010 1:02:12 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Display Name: Kain
Character’s Name: Kain Zerotshin
Character’s Age: 27
Character’s Profession: Fighting
What would your character bring to the Resistance? Because, he was raised with the his parents denying him the right to learn Fire Bending, as all it brought was pain and suffering to the other Nations. He has learned, and nearly masted his skills, and believes he can help this resistance, and the supposed Avatar, the "Master of the four elements" end the reign of the Fire Nation, and allow each Nation to co-exist in Peace and Harmony.
This user is a guest

Post by Gia on Jun 12, 2010 1:30:41 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
I'm sorry, but I'll have to wait until your profile is approved before I can accept or deny this.

Edit: Also, your character's profession can't be fighting. Unless he's a merchant or a soldier, I'll probably have to deny you, since it's a lot harder for a regular citizen to get in we've found.
This user is Mod
Last edit: Jun 12, 2010 1:41:36 GMT -6
kain
Jun 12, 2010 7:39:21 GMT -6

Post by kain on Jun 12, 2010 7:39:21 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Lol, but he's a fire bender, throughout his life, he found somebody who would teach him, and im not EXACTLY sure, im not sure if Kain is the one i made Join the Nation Army, but im pretty sure there's a graph' or two about him joining the Army.
This user is a guest

Post by Gia on Jun 12, 2010 11:17:30 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
*shakes head* Nope. I went over and looked at your profile. There's nothing in there about that. You also say he's a member of the Resistance now except you don't say how he got to be one. Perhaps you should edit that stuff into your Profile...
This user is Mod