The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

Assembling an RP Circle

bi
Jan 11, 2009 2:59:32 GMT -6

Post by bi on Jan 11, 2009 2:59:32 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
I'm going to finally get full-time back into TARP. Last time I tried I ended up rping with myself, I don't want to do that again. So, I'm going to roll a character and... try to assemble an rp circle!

What I mean is, a group of folks (maybe three-six?) that travel together due to some uniform motivation or devotion to one another. I figure anyone interested in getting involved can post here and we can work out some kind of plot or character concepts or whatever floats the role play boat.

So, anyone? Anybody?
This user is a guest
xiao
Jan 11, 2009 9:29:02 GMT -6

Post by xiao on Jan 11, 2009 9:29:02 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
I wouldn't mind being a part of this once my char is accepted :D
This user is a guest
souichi
Jan 11, 2009 15:00:51 GMT -6

Post by souichi on Jan 11, 2009 15:00:51 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
I have the same sentiments as the person above me.
This user is a guest
iwamura
Jan 11, 2009 15:23:07 GMT -6

Post by iwamura on Jan 11, 2009 15:23:07 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
I'd be up for it! My character has been accepted, though he's still going through RPG school. Whenever he gets through that, I'd be happy for him to join whatever group you're starting.
Iwa's a 17 year old waterbender from the Northern Water tribe. He snuck onto a boat heading south on one of the expeditions to help their sister tribe, following his waterbending master. On the way back the boat was attacked by firebenders, and as far as he knows, Iwa was the only one to survive the attack by abandoning the ship on a small boat, a heavy mist covering his retreat. He wandered around for a while until he came to the conclusion that he should fight against the fire nation, the ones that killed his friends and waterbending master. He is currently wandering around the Earth Kingdom, not exactly sure how he's gonna follow through with what he's decided.
If you've got any ideas, feel free to pm me, otherwise we could just play it by ear and see if it works. :)
This user is a guest
Anonymous
Jan 11, 2009 15:38:34 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jan 11, 2009 15:38:34 GMT -6

I'd love to join in with my character Ayano, though she'd need help meeting up with the others (reason is in the profile). ;D
This user is a former member
surabhi
Jan 11, 2009 17:43:44 GMT -6

Post by surabhi on Jan 11, 2009 17:43:44 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
I would love to hang out if you guys would have me. If not, that's cool too! I think it'd be fun to mix up Fire Nation citizens with people from other areas. I hope this works out because I think it could be awesome. My character is an untalented firebender from Shu Jing and she is kind of just an all-around failure. She is loyal to the Fire Nation but she could get along with people from any country, probably, after she gets over her preconceived notions.
This user is a guest
xiao
Jan 12, 2009 20:59:04 GMT -6

Post by xiao on Jan 12, 2009 20:59:04 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
I should probably explain Xiao-Xing a bit more x)

She's from the Fire Fountain City, thus, a born and raised firebender (= Although throughout her childhood she was loyal to the Fire Nation, a series of events in her life led her to lose faith in the nation's leader (this is presuming that FN is still under Ozai's control. When it falls under Zuko's control, she will be more than happy to support a Fire Nation that is working towards restoring peace to the world), including injuries that her father sustained and an accident involving her younger brother. She's currently an undercover radical working as a performer in the Fire days Festival that travels the Nation..which might make meeting up with her a bit difficult...BUT she would definitely leave her job there if she had the opportunity to work with people to restore world peace or show others that not all firebenders are cruel...which could be interesting and fun considering the characters interested in this shindig (=
This user is a guest
bi
Jan 13, 2009 5:25:04 GMT -6

Post by bi on Jan 13, 2009 5:25:04 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Wow, I am happy to see such enthusiasm, I did not expect it in such abundance. It looks like the uniform motivation of characters is that they're up against the Fire Nation, infact conveniently one of you mentioned looking for a means of conveying their intent to fight them, so that hook works for you well. Not to mention being "against the Fire Nation" allows me to story tell most effectively. Quite frankly it's the easiest one to work with :3 Unfortunately as I recall one of you is Fire Nation loyal so I'm worried that it'd be difficult to incorporate you. We need to discuss this at length.

That being said I figure since so many people are interested, I may do this in a 'story-telling' fashion. That is, I'll control the NPC's and sort of create the plot we work with, and we'll all do our thing and play through it. The exception being npc's you folks bring in are under your control, still :3 But yeah, how's that sound?

Also, please keep your posts above 300 characters, I think that rule applies here, right?

And Tenshio, I'll read your character when I am more awake.
This user is a guest
shuimei
Jan 13, 2009 17:41:28 GMT -6

Post by shuimei on Jan 13, 2009 17:41:28 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
I might like to join, but it looks like you have to many people as it is. My character had been accepted, but I am not sure if I can join since I haven't written a prompt yet. My character is Shuimei, she's a waterbender, but she's a traveler and hasn't lived in the water tribe since she was a baby. There is more about her on her profile. Its in the female waterbenders section of the profiles and is close to the top, if not the first one, on the page. I don't know if this is 300 characters or not, so my apologies if it isn't.
This user is a guest
suyami
Jan 13, 2009 18:48:31 GMT -6

Post by suyami on Jan 13, 2009 18:48:31 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Thank you Sakina, for reminding people. I'll take this chance to second that. Please, please, everyone. Please do keep your posts above 300 characters. If that's too much, I'm really sorry, but rules are there for a reason, and it helps counter spamming.

If you could please try to adhere to that, it would make my job a lot easier.

Have fun with your group, though, it sounds fun!
This user is a guest
bi
Jan 22, 2009 9:05:42 GMT -6

Post by bi on Jan 22, 2009 9:05:42 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
As someone of you may have noticed I haven't quite gotten going on this yet - sorry about that, be patient with me. I'm not as busy as usual but I've still been mighty distracted, most (nearly all) of my role plays elsewhere have also fallen into pauses waiting for me so I figure sometime in the upcoming days I will suddenly sweep through and post in them all - this may mean getting to work on my profile for this site, as well. That being said, sorry and I hope you're okay with waiting for a while and demonstrating some extensive patience.

Anyways, I am involved in two others sites but my involvement in both are minimal enough that it won't prevent me from being active here, when the time comes around - I do however find that when it comes to writing, I prioritize my Exalted2e campaign over my role plays, so it isn't unusual for me to have problems getting posts done. Just a month before I was posting multiple times a day on the same character, so naturally if I can pick up that rhythm again things'll go smoothly.
This user is a guest
Anonymous
Feb 5, 2009 19:16:01 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Feb 5, 2009 19:16:01 GMT -6

When we do start, we may have a problem. My character Ayano is currently trapped as a servant in the Fire Nation Royal Palace and is in need of rescue. Iwamura and I were going through that, but he appears to have (hopefully temporarily) disappeared. If he doesn't get back on by the time we decide to start, I suppose someone else will have to rescue Ayano, which would be a bit of an inconvenience. Just letting everyone know.
bi
Feb 10, 2009 14:17:23 GMT -6

Post by bi on Feb 10, 2009 14:17:23 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Well, Tenshio, we could make a plot hook out of that - I don't have the earlier portions of my little plot line planned out, so we could perhaps end up rescuing Ayano if you would permit my character to have some potential means of knowing about her plight. We'd have to work it out and the easiest way would be over an IM program. If you're interested, PM me - and I use all three, MSN, Yahoo, and AIM. If not, then that's certainly fine especially if you don't want to discourage the person who disappeared on you in the event they return.

Now then, interest check: Who's still active and wants to partake of this? My character should be accepted fairly soon.
This user is a guest

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Feb 10, 2009 14:39:49 GMT -6

A Long Display Name Here Avatar
xiao Avatar
I wouldn't mind being a part of this once my char is accepted :D

souichi Avatar
I have the same sentiments as the person above me.

As Jun mentioned, please keep all posts 300characters or more. thanks.
Jun, what character are you using? I think I need some shiney new partners [though you'd be a repeat, xD] to get m'self back into the RP spirit. PS: Your character is accepted, just hadn't a chance to move it last night. =] Sorry for the inconvenience.
This user is Mod
Last edit: Feb 10, 2009 14:40:26 GMT -6
bi
Feb 15, 2009 13:22:48 GMT -6

Post by bi on Feb 15, 2009 13:22:48 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
I'm using Seven Winds, but I may also build Geng Kai's profile and involve him later. The chances of that happening aren't necessarily slim but they aren't near, so to speak. That'd be a late-future aspiration. So, yeah, Seven Winds is going to be my avatar in this whole event.

If you want to get involved, that's be splendid, you know how to get in contact with me and we can work something out. Not that this is a REQUIREMENT, per se, but I could give you a quick rundown of what I think I got planned and you could help me to hammer it out just right. You and me always did work plots together well.
This user is a guest
kosshi
Feb 16, 2009 23:03:59 GMT -6

Post by kosshi on Feb 16, 2009 23:03:59 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Should my character be accepted, though I expect to have to balance some of her powers, I'd be interested. The only problem really is that I work six days a week, so don't expect me to post several times every afternoon. At the end of Kosshino's profile, start of whatever RP I choose or am accepted into, she's having a little falling out with her Sand Bending tribe. The result is her being expelled from Si Wong, and ending up at an unspecified part of the world. It would be odd having her wake up half-dead halfway across the world from where she and her tribe have their little fight, but I can work it in somehow.

I am also aware that I need to do the RPG School or whatever, after having my character be accepted, but it shouldn't take me to long.
This user is a guest
bi
Feb 22, 2009 15:48:47 GMT -6

Post by bi on Feb 22, 2009 15:48:47 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Well, we got a pretty good group and I'm ready to go, I just want to know where you guys want to start - what works for you? Should we begin in the Fire Nation or the Earth Kingdom? Any location in particular? Send me PM's or post here and I'll see if I can't collect the data and find the best route to go.

I think I got us a plot, by the way. We're going on a rescue mission :3 Hope some of you are ready for action and drama because I anticipate quite a lot of it.
This user is a guest
Anonymous
Mar 18, 2009 7:36:59 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Mar 18, 2009 7:36:59 GMT -6

I think I can guess who's being rescued. I don't think it really matters where you start, but if there's a major plot set to happen after the rescue, then it might be best to start in the Fire Nation and get the rescue over with quickly. Although, if everybody would need to get to know each other before going out on the mission, then it might be best to start in the Earth Kingdom.
blueteardrop
Apr 8, 2010 10:21:43 GMT -6

Post by blueteardrop on Apr 8, 2010 10:21:43 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Ummm... Do you have room for one more? I'm new to the site but I've got rp experience and I wanna have fun! :3 (...if i get approved...)
This user is a guest
Last edit by blueteardrop: Apr 8, 2010 11:04:41 GMT -6

Post by Gia on Apr 8, 2010 11:19:36 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
Since no one in this thread is around anymore, I think you're better off posting in the "I Need Someone to RP with!" thread after you're character is approved and you've finished your exemption.
This user is Mod