The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

The Freedom Fighters

anmi48
Jan 13, 2011 16:40:56 GMT -6

Post by anmi48 on Jan 13, 2011 16:40:56 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Well, I'm going to start a brand-new thread (with Toph‘s permission, of course), since Smellerbee just recently became the leader of the Freedom Fighters.

Firstly, lemme introduce myself. I’m Smellerbee. And I’m brand new to this site. However, I’m not new to RPing itself, so that’ll hopefully rest the minds of anyone who’s worried about a newbie taking over the Freedom Fighters.

First bit of business: recruitment. Canon characters that are already technically in the Freedom Fighters - Longshot, The Duke, Pipsqueak, and Sneers - do not have to apply for a spot. However, they should let me know in this thread if they are no longer wishing to be part of the Freedom Fighters. As far as I know, no one else around here owns a canon character Freedom Fighter, so I don't think we have to worry about that.

Unfortunately, though, I have no idea who else is a Freedom Fighter; I don't know which original characters (or even canons who joined) - if any - were once part of this site's Freedom Fighters (this is the downfall of being a completely new member). So I'm gonna have to ask anyone who once was a Freedom Fighter to please re-apply for the spot (if they still want to that is). That way I can keep track - and so can everyone else - of who all is part of this ragtag group of kids in the trees.

This will be the application form (please PM me your applications, so this thread doesn't get too cluttered; I would prefer it to be a discussion thread more than anything else, and also that way no one gets embarrassed if their character doesn't make it in [: ) :

Name: their real name, NOT their Freedom Fighter codename. If it is part of their history that they only have a Freedom Fighter name/can't remember their old name, please state why that is the case in this category.
Codename: this will be the place for their Freedom Fighter name. It cannot be the same as their real name. If you are uncertain as to what your character's codename should be, feel free to talk with other Freedom Fighters and myself so we all can come up with the best codename for them. The names should be like the ones on the show (Jet, Smellerbee, Longshot, The Duke, Pipsqueak, Sneers). Be creative [:
Age: this is an important one. One of the plot points of the Freedom Fighters is that they are a bunch of kids living in the trees. That's right, kids. I won't have a minimum age limit, namely because the Fighters make it their duty to care for kids that have had their lives ripped apart by the Fire Nation. The really young ones, of course, won't be sent on missions and the like, but there's nothing stopping them from joining so they can have a real home. However, I'm going to instigate a maximum age limit: twenty-five. That makes the oldest person ten years older than the leader, Smellerbee. Pipsqueak was obviously an adult in the show - probably somewhere between twenty and twenty-five - so they do allow adults, but it's unlikely. The ages I'm looking for are between ten and twenty.
Motive: another big one. Why do they want to join the Freedom Fighters? Keep in mind that the main goal of the Freedom Fighters is to rid the nearby village - Gaipan - of the Fire Nation, as well as attempt to stop citizens of the Fire Nation from even setting foot in their forest. They're an extremely localized organization, and basically unheard of; as they are not considered a huge threat to the Fire Nation, they're basically a secret organization. With that said, people shouldn't be traveling far and wide just to have a bit of the action the Fighters have; the rest of the world has no idea that the Fighters even exist. A good motive could be because they want revenge on the Fire Nation, or because they've got nowhere else to go.
Link to Profile: Even though you're sending me an application, keep in mind that I am going to be going over profiles as well. So, if your character hails from the Fire Nation and is still loyal to them, you're probably not going to be accepted, not without very good reason. (Yes, the Fighters are biased. [: ) People from the Galgori also might not be accepted, mainly because they have such a strict code they follow. The Freedom Fighters' code is basically stay alive, stay loyal to only each other, and fight the Fire Nation with everything you've got. Benders are accepted; however, for the most part, the Fighters could get along using specialized weapons alone. Firebenders are not accepted at all, just going to say that right now, because no Fighter would accepted a Firebender, knowing where they hail from. If you have any connections to the Fire Nation, they'd better be buried, well-hidden, and stay hidden.

[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Codename:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Motive:[/b]
[b]Link to Profile:[/b]

I'll keep up a constant roster of who's all in the Freedom Fighters here, editing this post every time a new member gets added, with a quick description of each member and a link to their profile. The names I will be using will be the Freedom Fighter codenames that are explained above.

Freedom Fighters Roster
Leader
Smellerbee - a long-time Freedom Fighter who had close relations to Jet - the first Freedom Fighter leader - before he died. Fifteen years old. Orphaned. Deals in knives and daggers.
Second-in-Command
n/a
Members
n/a

A NOTE ABOUT THE SECOND-IN-COMMAND: that is a "new" post I have added, though I always considered Longshot & Smellerbee to be Jet's seconds-in-command. Mainly I added it in because I don't particularly want to be doing everything myself (as I am a newer member and all) and I don't want this to become a dictatorship. Besides, Smellerbee would work better with someone who can sort of balance her out more rather than just by herself; after all, she doesn't possess the sort of charisma that Jet did. With that said, her immediate choice for a second-in-command would be Longshot. I would really like it if someone would apply for Longshot; if their profile is accepted, they would automatically become second-in-command because that's who Smellerbee trusts the most. If, however, no one wishes to take up Longshot after a month or so has passed, I will create an application for those who wish to be second-in-command. But I would really REALLY like to see a Longshot running around, just so you all know. (If anyone has any questions on how Longshot & Smellerbee have gotten along, please view her profile for my interpretation.)
This user is a guest