The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

RPing: Then and Now

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Aug 17, 2010 16:01:15 GMT -6

A Long Display Name Here Avatar
... DX OH MY GOD HOW HUMILIATING. MY OOC IS LONGER THAN MY IC POST.
*headdesks repeatedly* I am so embarrassed about this. WHY did you make this thread, Karena! ;_;

edit;; EURGH, I kept reading. GOOD GRAVY that was some horrible and cheesy romancing. o.o Ughhhhhhh. *disgusted with self*
This user is Mod
Last edit: Aug 17, 2010 16:03:31 GMT -6

Post by Gia on Aug 17, 2010 16:07:11 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
*pats* Just think about how good we are now! Yeah, I can't believe your romance a Good, and that we said Quan-Li and Kanea were showing off. I gave them an Excellent. -_-
This user is Mod

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Aug 17, 2010 16:12:27 GMT -6

A Long Display Name Here Avatar
Gia Avatar
*pats* Just think about how good we are now! Yeah, I can't believe your romance a Good, and that we said Quan-Li and Kanea were showing off. I gave them an Excellent. -_-

I remember reading Quan-Li & Kanea's posts and feeling so overwhelmed, and thinking that I'd never be as good as them.

WELL LOOKIT ME NAO, GAIZ! =D!
This user is Mod

Post by Gia on Aug 17, 2010 16:14:18 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
Haha, I know right. Geez, all three of us (You, me and Kanea) could kick that romance's butt now.
This user is Mod
Anonymous
Aug 18, 2010 7:40:07 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Aug 18, 2010 7:40:07 GMT -6

Oh, god. Yes I was bad, but on the plus side; I, at least, managed to post more than a few sentences per post. Thank Oprah, that has changed.

@toph- Yes this is indeed an embarrassing thread, but at least it shows how bad we all start out.
This user is a former member

Post by Gia on Aug 18, 2010 22:00:16 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
I was trying to find our romance as Zuko and Karena. Remember how disastrous that was? However, it seems to have disappeared, or at least I can't find it.
This user is Mod
Anonymous
Aug 19, 2010 12:02:00 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Aug 19, 2010 12:02:00 GMT -6

I remember that now that was indeed disastrous. Then again, it was probably good drama :D!

Edit: ((2800 Yay!))
This user is a former member
Last edit by Deleted: Aug 21, 2010 7:20:11 GMT -6
taedxoa
Aug 20, 2010 16:17:15 GMT -6

Post by taedxoa on Aug 20, 2010 16:17:15 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
I promised Karena I'd post on this as soon as my internet was more cooperative, since I was discussing this with her and Toph a while back.

My first RP post on this site (492 characters)

Re: Through the Fire Nation «Reply #3 on 27.11.2005 at 23:33» Link
Cloaked, Taed Xoa made his way over the last wall and into the courtyard of the Fire Nation's capital palace. He glanced around, and was about to go on when he noticed two horrible things: a tidal wave, and a girl surrounded by guards.

"I'm gonna get killed for this, I'm gonna get killed for this," he muttered, drawing up a large band of blue fire between his hands and directing toward the nearest three guards. "And if I don't, I'm gonna get jailed for this... or drowned, one of the two."

Recent post that I don't consider cheating (4,333 characters)
taedxoa Avatar
The waves continued to rock their boat softly, a soothing motion that kept Sora from waking up. Her mother kept her close to her body, contributing her warmth toward trying to keep Sora asleep. Etsuko smiled uncontrollably, the same way she had been for so many months, even now. Sora was so beautiful, such a pretty baby. At the moment her hair was black on the top, just like hers, but the sides and back of her head were covered in a light brown fuzz that reminded Etsuko of Taed.

And of Goen. She looked at him, and once again received a nod of affirmative familial love. Etsuko and Sora were all Goen had for family now — not that they were a bad substitute for the real thing, but they both reminded him of his foster brother and foster mother, lost in some glorified battle half a world away that he might never hear the result of. In the meantime he kept the tiller of the boat steered straight, aiming slowly but directly toward the far side of Kyoshi Island, away from the prying eyes at the docks.

On the floor of their boat, four tattered flags were spread out, just in case any scouts on the top of the island cliffs above them could see them. One was a circle of waves, obscured partially by a crescent moon, etched in silver thread on a dark blue background. The second was a yellow square inside a circle, on a green backdrop. The third was a red droplet on a silver disc, centered on a square of sky blue fabric. The last one, half-covered by Goen's feet and Etsuko's cloak, was a pyramid arrangement of six arrowhead shapes, red on black.

"Etsuko," Goen said presently, soft enough not to wake the baby but clear enough to be heard over the increasing volume of waves against the approaching cliffs. "We're very close."

Etsuko looked up, a little startled, to see that the cliffs of the edge of the island were within a hundred meters. "Oh!" escaped her lips, before she set her face in a concentrated calmness and nodded. "Okay. Hold Sora for me until it's your turn." She twisted around at the waist and leaned back a bit, passing Sora off into Goen's stretching arms, and successfully not jostling her too much. Goen cradled Sora, perhaps not as motherly as Etsuko, but he was a guy, after all. And Sora wasn't waking up.

Etsuko closed her eyes and concentrated on her chi. This would not be too difficult, technically, and yet it was unlike anything she had done so far. She was fully aware that she was not an accomplished waterbender, but still, her skills had advanced pretty darn far from when she started out as a scared tourist in front of the Fire Lord's palace. Grasping her innermost calm and remember the push and pull motions, she began swinging her hands in the same wave pattern as the ocean around them, but in opposite directions. Slowly, slowly, the waves immediately around their boat lowered, and stopped, and then the water in a clean circle around them remained calm.

Etsuko gently pushed her hands forward, undulating her wrists ever so slightly to compensate for the ocean's desire to start rocking again. At last they arrived right up against the sheer cliff, without running into it, smoothly and calmly. Now came the hardest part, for a few brief seconds.

"Not until you're ready," Goen reminded her. The sounds of Sora waking up accompanied his voice, a necessary part of their process but not too pleasant for daughter or mother.

"We have to do it now or I'll think about it and freak out," Etsuko whispered through her teeth. She dropped her hands and turned again, leaning way back to grab Sora, who opened her eyes wide and giggled to see her mother so eager to hold her. The moment Goen was certain Etsuko had Sora in a firm but gentle grip, he slammed one hand down in the air and quickly turned it around, palm-up, while pulling the other hand horizontally toward his body. Then he very slowly raised the lower hand up.

Beneath their boat, a flat projection of the cliff stone lifted them out of the water so that the waves would not topple their small craft. The water immediately began crashing against the cliff again, but by this time they were on their way up the side of the island. Sora clapped her hands and stuck her tongue out against the rush of air as they elevated up toward the edge of the bluffs where, hopefully, the three of them would find another temporary sanctuary.

And... recent post that I DO consider cheating because it takes this long to explain tarot card readings
(8,007 characters)
taedxoa Avatar
"Ah," Aunt Wu said, her eyes lighting up as Hana explained her multi-faceted question. "Tired of the rub-and-grind of familiarity of the farm, then? I intended to do the same, leave our family land and travel to the city. That changed when I got my reputation for omniscience, of course." She chuckled to show she wasn't really that full of herself, and then went on, "Well, Hana, you don't really need the cards to tell you that if you want to go, that is what you should do. But perhaps the reading can give you a bit of specific direction."

She paused while Hana finished her card layout, and then glanced over the somewhat familiar cards. Though she had obtained them two years prior, she did not often use them, as many of her clients were the elderly Earth Kingdom — or rather, Fire Nation Colonies — denizens that were used to her more traditional, tried-and-true methods of bones, clouds, and tea leaves. Still, she was acquainted with the stories of every character in the deck. If there had been more time, Aunt Wu could have told their sagas to Hana until well after the sun set.

"Let's see," she murmured, tapping a slender index finger across her chin and lips as she surveyed the spread. "This will go in the order you have laid the cards down, Hana. The first card represents you, or else the aspect of you that is asking the question." The card showed a man with dark grey ram horns, covered in blue-purple fur mottled with green, on a hilltop, holding a bottle of red liquid behind him. "Don't be fooled by his appearance or that of any other cards. Valuial is a scholar who chose to ignore the destiny his brothers were so eager to embrace, and became an herbologist instead of a warrior. The card fits you because you are an independent soul who refuses to be confined by the stereotypes of your heritage.

"I'll do my best not to tell stories about all the rest of the cards, my dear. Now this next one, Aetinh,
" she tapped the card of a white-haired boy with dragonfly wings, smaller than the ferns that towered around him, "is your question: a sense of wonder in experiencing new things and an urgent wish to assist new friends. The card next to him represents the largest obstacle to your question." Jaelodar's card showed a warrior nomad with his spear aimed forward but his head inclined back toward smoking ruins. "It is, quite obviously, a deep connection to the roots you have laid down in your old home. Such feelings both inspire and hinder.

"These next four cards are your past, present, immediate future, and distant future. The Twins represent emerging into the unknown. They were sealed away in the past so that they might bring hope and change to the future,
" and indeed the card showed a pair of teenage warrior women emerging from a tree trunk in the middle of an overgrown monastery. "For your present, Himdómë & Galwen represent true love--" she gave Hana a pointed look as she paused over the picture of two young people dressed in scant white cloths and copious green ivies and leaves, the male with wild orange-ish hair, the female with shoulder-length blonde hair-- "or deep devotion. Not necessarily to a person, but possibly to an object or an ideal. Your near future is represented by Glinia," a spirit in the form of a small innocent-looking girl with six large wings, semi-transparent, holding a large book and turning the ground beneath her feet to ash, "the patron of memories and parting, who indicates that your choices affect the paths of those around you, and what you do has a direct effect on their fates." Aunt Wu could not see that the other meaning of Glinia's card, the death or salvation of a dear one resulting directly from the choices one made, as being pertinent to Hana's situation, and she didn't want to frighten the girl unnecessarily, so she avoided adding this tidbit. "And your more distant future is indicated by Kenna. He is what we call an Elder card, a face card rather than a numbered one, and in the case of Elders they indicate both an important decision that you will make and also a real person — a logical and very calm person from whom great lessons can be learned."

Taking a deep breath, Aunt Wu moved away from Kenna's card — a tanned man with pointed ears, looking dreamily up into the heavily-leaved branches of the tree he is leaning against — and rested her fingers on the first card of the next row up. It showed a young man sitting on a rock deep in concentration as he created a small breeze in one hand, and a ring of flame in the other. "Tasarin is the mental aspect of your question, and while his story would take too long to tell, the lesson he learned was that his consequences and outcomes depended entirely on the control he had over himself, the power to shape his own destiny if he had the willpower and strength to do so. In other words," she looked directly at Hana until she met her eyes, "what you are really asking, the question behind the question, is whether you believe you can accomplish something on your own, outside of the small world you have grown up in."

She lowered her eyes softly again and moved on to the card next to Tasarin, a giant creature made of earth and grass, except that it was clearly a spirit by the translucency of the figure and the energy that glowed off of it. It was dressed in rust-colored plate mail and held a mighty hammer of solid marble. "Paurris represents that which will aid you. In the stories Paurris is a spirit, a powerful man, old and wise with years, who is the patron of the warriors, but despises pointless bloodshed and unreasonable war. The burning white fire of his eyes sees through to the truth of the matter, and the runes on his armor and hammer make others see the power that he holds within. So too will reason, logic, and justification help you find the inner strength you possess." She moved her hand yet again to the last card in the row, a pale-skinned, pointed-ears warrior standing just inside the gate of an underground city. "Your hopes and fears are indicated by Kaeldras. He is a Sage, another face card in the deck. As a divination the card represents the same thing we have been talking about, inner strength; as a possible real person in your life, the card represents a vigorous young man who taps into the reserves of power that had formerly been hidden away in the shadow of tradition and security.

"Lastly we come to this, the final outcome,
" Aunt Wu intoned solemnly, running a fingertip along the side of Valron's card. It showed an insubstantial almost human creature with a flaming skull instead of a head, four powerful arms, and legs obscured by the darkness that rolled off of him like a flood, standing in front of an upside-down castle underground. "Again, don't be fooled or frightened by the appearance of the card. Valron merely represents duality and incompleteness — not in the sense of feeling unaccomplished, but in the sense of always aspiring to something more. It is an indication that you will continue to grow as a person, and discover who you really are, if you follow the path that your question is taking you on.

"From this reading, I can certainly say that you are meant to leave the farm and find your own path,
" Aunt Wu smiled sweetly at her grand-niece. "Beyond that it's difficult to nail down the specifics, although we can piece together a few tidbits. The progression of past to present and then to future shows a series of discoveries — an emerging into the unknown, a discovery of something you are passionate about, an exercise in choice and consequences. I could say something grand and mystical," her smile reached to her ears in a mischievous sort of manner, "or I could say that it's a straight line, and that whatever direction you walked from the farm to here, you should keep going in that direction. Perhaps you already met one of the people from your tarot reading as you came into town today. There are many people who seek to find their destinies, who begin here in Makapu Village."
This user is a guest

Post by Gia on Aug 21, 2010 1:57:48 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
Shio - It was. Karena ran out crying, if I remember correctly, haha.

Taed - Still, a long way, haha.

@all - Here's more.

Posted: October 15, 2005 Link
Kanea walked away from the water, and slowly began her trek through the Earth Kingdom. It was amazing to think how her life had changed since she was banished. The Fire Lord was a really evil man. That's why she was searching out the Avatar: to help him defeat the Fire Nation. Regardless of whether or not she was supposed to, what the Fire Nation was doing was wrong, and she would help the Avatar stop them.

That was TARP's first RP post - by me. Note how I even wrote the wrong character name. (If anyone's wondering why, it's because I came up with Kanea's name so yeah.)

Here's the one I just did, as Lakano:

Gia Avatar
Sabaku

Lakano fended off each one of Shakhran’s attacks. As the fight went on, the commander’s moves became messier and messier. Iroh had been right. This was infuriating the Firebender. He was losing, something the Waterbender was sure that his opponent was not used to. The military man’s moves got more powerful with each attack, but there was no skill behind them. This was something that the brunet himself knew quite well. That was his technique, but by choice. His opponent was doing it because he was along himself to get so upset that he became unfocused. Was this a trait among most Firebenders, or just this one? For Iroh to know to suggest it about someone he didn’t it know, it couldn’t be a one-person thing. The blue-eyed man supposed that it would have to depend upon the training said Firebender had gotten when growing up.

Lakano didn’t care all that right now, honestly. Haru was injured, and that was the sole thing that mattered to the Waterbender right now. His lover was unconscious, and who knew what kind of injuries he had. The brunet had to finish this fight, and soon. He had to get to Haru as soon as he possibly could. He had no idea how badly he was hurt, and until he found out, the blue-eyed man’s mind would make up whatever it wanted to. The Waterbender knew that is lover was not dead, but what he did not know was how injured he really was. It seemed as if the redhead had just been knocked out, but he would feel much better once he checked him out himself. No offense to Katara. It wasn’t if he didn’t trust her abilities, it was just… Haru was his lover, and he didn’t want anyone healing him but him, just as she didn’t want anyone examining Aang but her.

Lakano was surprised at himself. Shakhran became faster with each move, but somehow, he was matching the commander. The Waterbender blocked every attack that his opponent threw at him, attacking back with skill and speed he wasn’t aware he had. Managing his power, and trying to use skill and control, had always been a struggle for him. The brunet had been born with more power than most, and the talent to match. However, he had to work just as hard to reach the skill. If the attack was more powerful, there was less skill. Was it possible that there had been a middle ground there all along, and he just hadn’t seen it? Yes. Had Pakku been trying to teach him that? Yes. Were his methods good? Of course not, but that was not something he wanted to be thinking about now. If the old man saw him fighting now and said he was still a worthless coward, fine.

“Give up. It’s over.”

“It’s not over,” hissed Shakhran, “until I am defeated.” The commander pulled himself up from another one of Lakano’s attacks. It was getting harder and harder for him to get up, but the older man would not let the Water Tribe scum beat him. He could take down everyone else, but he was going to take him down. The Firebender was keenly aware that he was the only one left standing. All eyes were on them, but that didn’t matter. The only thing that did was victory. If he had been calmer, he would have realized that it was over. He was one and they were many. Even if he defeated Lakano, everyone else would be there waiting. The dark-haired man could not defeat them all. However, he was not calm. The amber-eyed man was enraged, and the only thing on his mind was defeating the Waterbender.

”You’re already defeated, Shakhran,” Lakano told him, fending off another attack that he threw at him with relative ease. “Look around.” The commander sent another series of quick attacks at him. The Waterbender sighed, moving one of his arms. A wave twice the width of either of them and taller by a few feet, was brought in between the two fighters. It turned to ice, and the fireballs collided with it. The blue-eyed man could see the rage in his opponent’s eyes from the realization that other than the one hit he had landed on him, nothing else had worked. “Just surrender.” The Water Tribesman knew that there would be no surrender for this one. Just like the others, he would have to be defeated. No, that wasn’t right, was it? Unlike the others, the brunet had a feeling that to take this one down, he’d have to exhaust him to point that he literally couldn’t move.

The commander was never going to give up, as long as he could send a fireball towards him. Lakano knew that it might come to killing him, but that wasn’t a decision he was going to make. That was, of course, unless he had to. He was logical enough to know that sometimes it was necessary, but that didn’t mean he had to like taking a life, no matter whose it was. What was that saying? The day you start to enjoy killing is the day you become the enemy. With one last attack, he sent the Firebender to the ground hard. The commander was still trying to get up, saying that he would defeat him no matter what. The Waterbender moved one hand, sending a wave towards the downed man. The brunet sent the man sailing back. He hadn’t realized that was behind the commander was an unfinished. One of the spikes was set at the perfect angle.

Shakhran’s body went sailing towards it, the spike pierced his body clean through. He would not be getting up anytime soon. Lakano felt no remorse, but he also felt no joy. The Waterbender had not liked killing him. It wasn’t as if he had intended to do it; that was just how it had worked out. The brunet did not shrug, or make any move to say that he cared one way or the other. Blue eyes just stared at the body of the dead commander, acknowledging that he had taken another life, one that the world would be much better without. He was not a god, though, and it was not his duty to pronounce judgment. It was battle. Things happen. He was sure that the commander had not been the only one, not with three people using swords. It didn’t matter now. It was truly over, and there were more important things to deal with now.

Lakano turned away from the dead body, and hurried towards his fallen lover. Luckily, the village was very small. Haru’s body was not far. Crouching next to him, his blue eyes filled with worry and concern. Yes, this was what mattered. Killing Shakhran was irrelevant compared to make sure his lover was all right. Putting his hands over the redhead’s head, he closed his eyes, concentrating. It was just a mild concussion; he should awaken soon. The brunet moved his hands lightly over his lover’s body, examining for any injuries, and finding none. There were burns on his hands, but those were easily healed. He would have to do a more detailed examination later. His mind conjured up other ideas at the thought of Haru removing his clothes, but quickly banished them from his mind.

Tan hands pet the Firebender’s head softly, before he gave him a light kiss on the lips. “I’ll be back.” The brunet turned to the Southern Water Tribesman standing nearby. “Can you watch him, please, Sokka?” Lakano asked. “He’s fine. It’s just a mild concussion. I’m going to go see if everyone else is all right.” The young swordsman looked fine, so the Waterbender didn’t ask. “Thank you.” Getting up, he walked around. Zuko was injured, fairly bad by the looks of it, though Katara seemed to be getting along fine with him. Karena wouldn’t be happy, but at least her fiancé would be fine. No one else seemed to be injured, though the blue-eyed man noticed a few added members of their group. The Hunt, he thought to himself, though they seemed to be helping. He would deal with that later. As the Leader, it was his job to make sure they meant no harm.

Lakano crossed the river, bending the water off him once he got to the other side. Blue eyes fell upon Kanea and Quan-Li. The swordswoman seemed to have an injured back by the way she was sitting. Her fiancé had come over after the fight had ended to see if she was all right. “Are you okay?” he asked. Kneeling down, he looked at her back. It was not serious, but it needed healing. The Waterbender turned back to the Master Earthbender. “Can you put up some walls around us, she needs to be healed. It’s not serious, but it can’t stay there.” The older man gave him a weird look, and the brunet groaned. “Oh, come on, I’m gay, remember? She holds no interest for me whatsoever. Do you see the redhead lying over there? That’s what I’m interested in.” The Earthbender seemed clearly embarrassed, and he should be. He made the walls as asked, and the male healer turned to the woman in front of him.

“Please remove your shirt enough so I can get to the cut.”

With NPC - 8554
Without - 7706

What a difference, huh?

I tried to locate my first official RP site, but it must have been deleted, because I can't find it anywhere. Would have been nice to find my first official RP post.
This user is Mod