The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

What is your main connection to your character?

pokakaa
Aug 7, 2010 8:37:12 GMT -6

Post by pokakaa on Aug 7, 2010 8:37:12 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
My main connection to my character is that he is basically a direct cut out of everything I like about myself. Plastered onto a sort of... hero with a semi-fortunate past, an adventure that starts from loss, and a mother he's never known. A basic hero tale of which no surprise would have the hero of course meeting his glorious ending to the tale.

However what does your OC character actually connect with to you? Is he your inner, passionate rage put into the powerful force that is a firebender? Perhaps she is the feminine but not frail woman that is within you, who guides water with her beautiful touch?

What exactly is your connection to you character?
This user is a guest
Last edit by pokakaa: Aug 7, 2010 8:38:53 GMT -6
Anonymous
Aug 7, 2010 12:45:32 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Aug 7, 2010 12:45:32 GMT -6

the connection my character has is much of her personality, as well as her name. [ZOMG I NAMED A KERAKTER AFTER MAHSELF NO WAI]

my character Tenoko is much like me. I generally just go with the flow of things, but I do have a set of beliefs that I stick to and I keep my resolve. I'm pretty laid-back, and I don't hold grudges.

oh, and I'm a badass. XD

~Tenoko~
This user is a former member
nemoknown
Aug 7, 2010 14:50:57 GMT -6

Post by nemoknown on Aug 7, 2010 14:50:57 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Hmm...My connection with the soon to be Haruki is that he has my dissapointment of failure, but i think that much more will flow into him due to the fact that He is still a part of me...just i am not contiously aware of that part.
This user is a guest
kyozuki
Aug 8, 2010 22:15:33 GMT -6

Post by kyozuki on Aug 8, 2010 22:15:33 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
For me, Kyozuki's main connection is her emotions. She's kind of an embodiment of all the parts of my personality that I won't show, or never have the opportunity to show. Don't underestimate the therapeutic effect of emotional catharsis people!
This user is a guest
saiki
Aug 8, 2010 22:46:45 GMT -6

Post by saiki on Aug 8, 2010 22:46:45 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Wow I like this thread, I don't know why I never thought of making something like this before. I always talk to people about how I draw specific parts of myself into my characters :)

For me personally all of my characters share different aspects of my own personality. Although I try to make radically different personalities for them, there's always a hint of myself in them.

Saiki- She embodies my inner tomboyish-ness. I love sports and competition, and I tend to get along with guys much easier than girls. She is the happy and optimistic part of me.

Katsuki- She embodies my shy side. I sometimes have difficulty in extremely social situations and withdraw my emotions. Although I'm not always quiet, she represents the slivers of shyness I experience.

Hakaani- She embodies my darker side, something I fall into quite often. I'm sometimes pretty hard-headed and vicious. Of course not as bad as her, but I draw from that emotion and it explodes within her. I also love how different she is from me, which makes posting as her very fun and exciting.
This user is a guest
sunglassesatnight
Aug 12, 2010 15:53:37 GMT -6

Post by sunglassesatnight on Aug 12, 2010 15:53:37 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
My connection with my character Zhuo Zhong is mostly personality. Well, it's a lot of things but mostly personality. It's a desire to be close to nature plus a naturally peace-loving tendency, intermixed with the desire to be alone and be away from people. Basically, a character who isn't very good at social situations who retreats to things they know and understand well, so a lot like me, really.

Another commonality is the whole appearance vs. personality thing. Peopl tend to look at me and think one thing, thog it usually doesn't reflect who I am as a person (if someone were to get to know me). Something like the friendly giant archetype.
This user is a guest
trakada
Aug 13, 2010 5:13:58 GMT -6

Post by trakada on Aug 13, 2010 5:13:58 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Well, Trakada isn't even approved yet at the time I'm posting this, but I might as well answer the question because I did put a good deal of myself into him.

The idea of idolizing people who fight for a living as a young person and yet having a rather pacifist upbringing is definitely taken from the real-world me. Trakada also shares my impatience- and his relationship with Yenna is very close to a real-world relationship I have, except in the real-world version we stayed just friends (and so much the better.) With the character I thought I'd explore what might have happened if real me and this other person had actually become romantically involved.
This user is a guest
Anonymous
Aug 13, 2010 16:28:57 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Aug 13, 2010 16:28:57 GMT -6

Karma for the tread ;D

As for my characters Shio is pretty much who I was at that age. I made him at that age so that helps. The only huge exception is that Shio is far more open about his emotions than I am, plus he is incredibly more naive.

When it comes to Jiao, there pretty much isn't that much in common. Jiao does have a personality, but more times than most she hides behind a crazy woman facade. Not much in common there. :(

Vora is just Vora. She's the dark, somewhat moody character that I wanted to play, but couldn't with the character roster I had, plus the changes Zuko underwent in the RP prevented that from ever being played. So that's where she comes from.

Akado is my fun middle-aged man. He's bitter because of what's happened, and I made him to just play a normal man dealing with the issues of war. That being said the most common traits I share with the bender are how we react to social situations. We're quiet, shy and reserved, but able to not be when we have to.
This user is a former member

Post by Gia on Aug 13, 2010 22:38:38 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
Hmm, interesting thread.

Karena - She's like me in some ways, but her temper is a lot worse than mine, which is saying something, haha. She's also a warrior, and can turn violent when provoked. I'm not like that. I just yell and stuff, haha. She's also curvy like me, though she's tall, and I'm... not.

Lakano - We can both be a bit stoic, but our similarities end there. How much am I going to have in common with a masculine, gay man?

Makaro - Same as above. He's mentally damaged, and a warrior, so no similarties.

Akita - I can be a bit shy at first, but she's a lot more shy than I am.

Zhai-Li - Nothing in common with her, either.

Not commenting on either of my canon characters haha lol.
This user is Mod
Last edit: Aug 14, 2010 0:30:26 GMT -6
zanisha
Aug 13, 2010 23:51:36 GMT -6

Post by zanisha on Aug 13, 2010 23:51:36 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Lets see, aside from sharing a similar appearance, (dark hair, dark eyes) Zana and I are alike in several aspects of our personalities. For one thing we both are quite stubborn in our ways and fiercely loyal to our friends. In addition, we are both prone to mood swings, daydream often, and can be reserved at times. In contrast, I am much more friendly and easy-going than her. And of course, I can not bend fire. Haha.
This user is a guest
pokakaa
Aug 14, 2010 10:02:13 GMT -6

Post by pokakaa on Aug 14, 2010 10:02:13 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
To extend, my character is a hero. Basically what you would expect a hero to be if not the avatar.
This user is a guest