The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

Fire Nation Resistance

Post by Gia on Jul 26, 2010 13:52:28 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
There’s a secret resistance brewing in the Fire Nation… Interested? Read on for more information!

A Brief History of the Fire Nation Resistance
[/u][/center]

A nobleman named Makino started the Resistance. He grew up with the current Fire Lord, Ozai. He had always been suspicious of Ozai and his lust for power. After Ozai banished his own son, Zuko’s fiancée, Karena, became upset, and told the Fire Lord he was an idiot for what he had done. The Fire Lord promptly banished her, saying that if she and Zuko were so much alike – they belonged together. Karena was Makino’s only child. After that, Makino knew that things had to change. Someone needed to stop Ozai, preferably sooner, rather than later. Azula was quickly following her father’s footsteps, which did not bode well for the nation. He quickly began recruiting people he knew around the area. The Resistance is only a few years, but it’s going strong, and still secret from the Fire Lord.

The Goals of the Resistance

The Resistance is looking to help Avatar Aang, and anyone assisting him, take down the Fire Lord. They realize that the Avatar cannot successfully do it alone. If Ozai and Azula are to be defeated, then the Avatar needs as much help as he can get. Their mission is to aid him and make sure that both the Fire Lord and his daughter are defeated. They intend to replace Ozai and Azula with Zuko. Now, they are also aware that Zuko has a child by Makino’s daughter, Karena. Therefore, Zuko has an heir, which is the even more reason to put him on the throne.

What sort of people are the Resistance interested in?
[/u]

The Resistance is mainly looking for people involved in the military. They are interested in recruiting soldiers for obvious reasons, as the more soldiers they have, the easier it will be to overturn Ozai and Azula. The Resistance is also looking for any merchants that either serve the military or work around the Capitol. They are also looking for any civilians that know soldiers or merchants or who live around the Capitol. Civilians who don’t are not normally accepted.

Note: Kanea, who plays Makino, and I are also looking for two people that would have been helping Makino lead the Resistance since around the time he started it, which would be almost four years ago. If you are interested, please PM Kanea. You must be prepared to edit your profile if you already posted it.

If interested, please fill out the form below. You must be prepared to edit your profile if you have already posted it. This thread is ONLY for applications. All discussions will taken place in the discussion thread here. You will receive a reply here by me and be added to the member list there if you are accepted.

[b]Display Name:[/b]
[b]Character’s Name:[/b]
[b]Character’s Age:[/b]
[b]Character’s Profession:[/b]
[b]What would your character bring to the Resistance?[/b]

Let’s help take down Fire Lord Ozai and Princess Azula!
This user is Mod
Last edit: Jul 26, 2010 13:53:12 GMT -6
kawaii
Jul 26, 2010 17:58:10 GMT -6

Post by kawaii on Jul 26, 2010 17:58:10 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Do they have to be fire nation? Or earth kingdom? If not....

Display Name: Jihyun
Character’s Name: Jihyun
Character’s Age: 16
Character’s Profession: No official profession, however she does work as a tribal healer
What would your character bring to the Resistance? A waterbnder skilled in healing, although she cannot fight with her bending. Skilled Martial artist.
This user is a guest
Last edit by kawaii: Jul 26, 2010 17:59:49 GMT -6

Post by Gia on Jul 26, 2010 18:13:57 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
Yes, they have to be Fire Nation. I'm sorry, but since the Resistance takes place in the Fire Nation, you have to be there on a permanent basis in order to be a member of it. Since your character is a Waterbender, that would be unlikely. Also, as I do state, I will not normally accept someone outside of the Army that's not a merchant. Thanks for your interest, though.
This user is Mod
nemoknown
Jul 30, 2010 21:04:08 GMT -6

Post by nemoknown on Jul 30, 2010 21:04:08 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Display Name: Haruki Fushicho
Character’s Name: Haruki Fushicho
Character’s Age: 24
Character’s Profession: Naval military
What would your character bring to the Resistance? He is a strong man in the military, and has a good, strong, take-charge personality, able to help lead when the time comes.
This user is a guest

Post by Gia on Jul 31, 2010 0:52:35 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
Great! Seems good enough. :) Pending your character profile, of course, and if you would, I'd prefer it if he was a current member. If you want to talk details over with me, you can either post in the other thread or PM me. If not, then go ahead and post your profile, I'll deal with it instead of Shtiya or Toph.

Thanks, and welcome aboard!
This user is Mod
saiki
Aug 2, 2010 19:47:28 GMT -6

Post by saiki on Aug 2, 2010 19:47:28 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Display Name: Saiki
Character’s Name: Hakaani Zukuri
Character’s Age: 19 years
Character’s Profession: Assassin/Weapons Artist
What would your character bring to the Resistance? Her killer instincts as well as her weapons skills. She's very good at spying and has a ninja type quality about her. Plus she can scare people quite easily.
This user is a guest

Post by Gia on Aug 2, 2010 19:51:56 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
Yep, accepted. *nods*
This user is Mod
lingui
Aug 3, 2010 0:10:23 GMT -6

Post by lingui on Aug 3, 2010 0:10:23 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Display Name: Munenori Sezaru
Character’s Name: Munenori Sezaru
Character’s Age: 25
Character’s Profession: 2nd Lt. Fire Nation Army (Infantry)
What would your character bring to the Resistance? He's an exceptional strategist, as well as a highly skilled Firebender.
This user is a guest

Post by Gia on Aug 3, 2010 8:13:02 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
Looks good to me. Official acceptance pending your profile.
This user is Mod