The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

The Order of the White Lotus

kaitokatashi
Feb 10, 2009 22:50:36 GMT -6

Post by kaitokatashi on Feb 10, 2009 22:50:36 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
NOTE: Any questions about the Order of the White Lotus should be directed via PM to Haru, the creator of this thread. :)

History of the Order

Centuries ago, scholars came together in an effort to create a haven for the free exchange of ideas concerning philosophy, spirituality, truth, and beauty. They sought to preserve a way of life that was in danger of dying out; however, they also realized that the preservation of this knowledge and way of life would be difficult, as many people in the world often mistook knowledge for power and would wield it as such. Therefore, the scholars met in secrecy and resolved to protect the secrets and knowledge they held at any cost and, after months of intensive planning, decided to form the Order of the White Lotus. In order to protect their secrets, they used Pai Sho as a front for the Order; not only did it allow the greatest Pai Sho players in the world to challenge one another, but it provided a safe venue of communication.

As the years went on, the ranks of the Order grew, as did their collection of knowledge. The Order did its best to recruit members from around the world, and soon, benders of all four elements as well as non-benders spread their wealth of knowledge within the group. The organization transcended the barriers of the Four Nations and bending, and soon, it became the most powerful secret society in history, having members that were high-ranking officials or nobles. Often, people who had mastered bending disciplines occupied the highest ranks.

Three hundred and fifty years after its conception, the Order got word that assassinations were taking place all over the world, and all of them were benders. Through their intricate intelligence network, the members learned that an organization called the Galgori Conclave were behind the attacks; a group of people who dedicated themselves to eradicating the world of benders. After a lengthy deliberation, the Council decided to use their resources to try and stop the Galgori from exterminating benders.

When the Hundred Year War began, the Order members hailing from the Air Nomads were exterminated, which was a crushing blow to its ranks. That, coupled with the disappearance of Avatar Aang, forced the members to almost erase the Order’s existence from history completely. Though people from the Fire Nation still belong, it became even more dangerous to seek the Order’s help. At the beginning of the war, the Council resolved to search for the missing Avatar and, now that he has returned, keep him safe so that he can fulfill his destiny.

Tenets of the Order

- People from all Nations are welcome in the Order.
- The Order is a secret society, which means that talking about it directly is forbidden unless in an Order sanctuary.
- No information obtained from the Order may be used to harm another nation in the Hundred Year War.
- As of now, the Order is not involved in the War, although some of the members are.
- The information held by the Order is not to be sold to the highest bidder. Keep all secrets just that.

Current Order Members

Council
Master Pakku (Haru)
Iroh (Shio) - Librarian

High Member
Tsien Ten-do (Haru)
Jeong Jeong (Ai Lin)
Beshimi (Toph)
Piandao (Suigetsu)

Di-Jei (Joychi)
Feng-Li (Yulan)

Apprentice
Hayase (Yulan)

Initiate
Kaede (Ai Lin)
Matsuri Kogoe
Gen Bai Ru

To be sorted

Now, feel free to discuss anything related to the Order. Links to the old OWL discussion thread can be found here.
    This user is a guest
    Last edit by kaitokatashi: Jun 11, 2010 15:41:02 GMT -6
    Anonymous
    Feb 11, 2009 17:22:06 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Feb 11, 2009 17:22:06 GMT -6

Honestly now, I sometimes feel utterly ignored in all of this. Since when is the show not considered cannon on the site? Having said that, shouldn't it be mandatory that I comply with certain aspects of Iroh? So why aren't I listed? This is not a rant, just add an embarrassed tone to all of it.
    This user is a former member
    kaitokatashi
    Feb 11, 2009 18:27:34 GMT -6

Post by kaitokatashi on Feb 11, 2009 18:27:34 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
    Honestly, Shio, I wasn't even sure that Pakku was in the Order, as this is AU, but now that I think about it, Iroh, Jeong Jeong, and Piandao should be included, but I'll have to talk to the members who play them to see if they'd like to be involved. As far as Iroh goes, PM me and we can work out Iroh's role (not rank, as he's a Grandmaster) in the Order.
    This user is a guest
    Last edit by kaitokatashi: Feb 12, 2009 10:27:53 GMT -6
    ailin
    Feb 13, 2009 12:45:29 GMT -6

Post by ailin on Feb 13, 2009 12:45:29 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
    Um, I don't play a character named Hayase, I think that's Yulan. I'm pretty sure she plays Feng-Li too.

Yeah, I think getting all the old guys involved like the show is a fine idea. I'd like to think that Jeong Jeong's rank would be fairly high, but I can't think of what else would really match him. He didn't make a very good teacher and spying isn't his game. Maybe more of a taskmaster. Or we could make a job called "Enlightened" for Jeong Jeong (otherwise known as "Eccentric"). ;)
    This user is a guest
    kaitokatashi
    Feb 13, 2009 14:53:08 GMT -6

Post by kaitokatashi on Feb 13, 2009 14:53:08 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
    Okay, I'll put Jeong Jeong down for "Taskmaster," but if you're still interested in RPing with him, there could be some potential work as we're currently low on Teachers; unfortunately, we're running low on high-ranking members right now, so I may put a cap on Initiates to prevent having too many low-ranking members.

Anyway, for now, I'll put him down as "Taskmaster" and Iroh as "Holder of Secrets," as he probably has more experience in the Order than anyone.
    This user is a guest
    bosco
    Jun 10, 2010 23:35:35 GMT -6

Post by bosco on Jun 10, 2010 23:35:35 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
    IS there anywhere I could sign up to be Pakku?
    This user is a guest
    rintokohona
    Jun 10, 2010 23:38:46 GMT -6

Post by rintokohona on Jun 10, 2010 23:38:46 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
    Sorry for the spam, Haru.
    Bosco, Haru plays Master Pakku.
    This user is a guest
    bosco
    Jun 11, 2010 0:19:18 GMT -6

Post by bosco on Jun 11, 2010 0:19:18 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
    Was that just changed? I could have sworn it was blank. Then could I be jeong jeong?
    This user is a guest
    yulan
    Jun 11, 2010 0:23:10 GMT -6

Post by yulan on Jun 11, 2010 0:23:10 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
    As far as I know, Ai Lin is still playing as Jeong Jeong. I believe the list reflects current members, not which characters are open to be taken.

Welcome to TARP, btw. :)
    This user is a guest
    Anonymous
    Jun 11, 2010 10:08:35 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jun 11, 2010 10:08:35 GMT -6

Yes, as they have said this list represents current members, and those names in the parenthesis are the people who play said character. So, unfortunately, you cannot play them as they are currently under someone's control.

If you are wondering about which canon characters are open there is a list of all those characters that are taken here.

If you have further questions, don't be afraid to ask, and welcome to TARP!
    This user is a former member
    Last edit by Deleted: Jun 11, 2010 10:09:44 GMT -6
    kaitokatashi
    Jun 11, 2010 15:38:57 GMT -6

Post by kaitokatashi on Jun 11, 2010 15:38:57 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
    Thanks, guys. I don't want anyone taking my characters!

For the record, all of the names on this list are currently being played by people, so like Shio said, check the canon list (but just be sure that they're actually in the Order) or make a character to be recruited.

Any questions about the Order and its activities can be directed to me. :)
    This user is a guest
    kuruk
    Jun 28, 2010 20:46:53 GMT -6

Post by kuruk on Jun 28, 2010 20:46:53 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
    Does your character have to be of a certain age to join....?
    My character won't join for a while... But I'm just curious....
    This user is a guest
    kaitokatashi
    Jun 29, 2010 5:45:53 GMT -6

Post by kaitokatashi on Jun 29, 2010 5:45:53 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
    It would depend; of course, there are certain ages that could be considered "too young," but just let me know when you decide you'd like your character to join (your character can't just join :P) and we'll discuss it. :)
    This user is a guest
    kuruk
    Jun 29, 2010 7:37:04 GMT -6

Post by kuruk on Jun 29, 2010 7:37:04 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
    Well he's 5 at the moment so he'll inquire about joining in roughly.... 30+ years... haha!
    Unless you want a 5 year old in the White Lotus... He could be like the mascot... haha!!

*Walks around wearing a White Lotus outfit.*
    This user is a guest