The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

RPG Romance Training Sign-ups IV

Post by Gia on Jul 13, 2010 22:49:22 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
Welcome to the RPG Romance Training Sign-ups! In this thread, you will sign up to participate in the RPG Romance Training. You are required to go through either this, RPG Battle Training, or the Exemptions before being allowed to go on to the RPG boards. Now, I know it doesn't sound fun, but it can be. We have noticed that people don't seem to know how to do romance in RPG's, so this is here for people to watch, learn, and practice. You can learn by doing, and getting your feedback from your GM, and by watching the other people also in the training. You can fun while doing this, and there are plenty of people doing this only for fun.

Here's how things will work:

PLEASE NOTE!~ Romance Training is only for those who have passed exemptions previously and wish to volunteer or practice. Please only post a registration form if you fit that category.

1. Find someone willing to do the romance training with you OR sign up anyway, with no partner listed, and see if anyone is interested and/or willing to RP with you.
2. Both you and your partner will then sign up here using the form below.
3. Either Karena or Toph will open up your thread.
4. After you and your partner are done, you will then PM Karena who will give you a grade based on your performance based on the scores below. This will determine whether or not you will go on to the RPG Boards or not.
Note: Please remember that if you have not passed Exemptions, you need to do that, so you can move on to the RPG Boards. This is for training practice ONLY!

Scores Explanations –

Poor - You did poorly in your training. This means that your post quality was poor. There was little to no emotion in the post, and the posts were below the required character limit of 700 characters. There might also have been moderate to heavy spelling, grammar, and godmodding problems. Now, don't be insulted if you are given this. It simply means that you either have little experience with RPG Romance, or you're simply just not good at it, and there's no harm in that. This just means that you should be doing this, as you need practice!

Fair - You did a fair job in your training. This means that your post quality wasn't poor, but it wasn't good, either. This also means that some of your posts were below or border lining the required character limit of 700 characters, and there might also have been some moderate spelling, grammar, and little godmodding problems. Again, don't be insulted. This isn't meant as an insult. You just need practice, and there’s nothing wrong with that.

Good - You did a good job in your training. This means that your post quality was good. There was little to no spelling, grammar, and little to no godmodding. Your posts ware also above the required character limit of 700 characters, but that perhaps that your description and emotion were not enough. Everyone still needs more practice, though.

Excellent - You did an Excellent Job! Your posts were way above the required element, and there was little to no spelling and grammar errors and no godmodding. Your description and emotion were also good. You are not allowed back in the training with that character, as that really wouldn't be fair. You are free to use the Free-for-all. Great job!

Enviornments –

A –
A beautiful garden, fit for lovers. As you enter, a path along the edge winds its way along the outer edge of the garden. A lovely pond sits in the middle, and the garden is adorned with beautiful flowers of all shapes and kinds, along with trees as well.

B – A beautiful lake is the center of this area. The lake looks perfect for swimming. At the lake's edge, the ground slopes up into a grassy hill. A little ways after the ground levels out is a dense forest, this site greeting you when you come out.

Sign-up form:

[b]Character's Name:[/b]
[b]Character's Age:[/b]
[b]Character's Gender:[/b]
[b]Nation Affiliation/Loyal or Disloyal:[/b]
[b]Partner (Player, if different):[/b] Please state here your partner for this RP, and who plays them, if the name is different.
[b]Environment:[/b] A or B (Look Above for Explanations)

Also, a note, leave off anything after the colon ( : ) in your Sign-up forum, please. Thank you. They're just for notes, so take them out.

Oh, and you cannot have one of your characters with two different people. Keep it one per character, all right? You can sign up with as many different characters as you want, but you can't have two people with the same character.
This user is Mod
eduante
Jul 14, 2010 22:43:11 GMT -6

Post by eduante on Jul 14, 2010 22:43:11 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Character's Name:Daichi
Character's Age:16
Character's Gender:male
Nation Affiliation/Loyal or Disloyal:freelance wanderer
Partner: Himoto
Environment:B sounds good
This user is a guest
Last edit by eduante: Jul 18, 2010 6:40:32 GMT -6
Anonymous
Jul 16, 2010 17:49:32 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 16, 2010 17:49:32 GMT -6

may not be allowed to do this, and if so I apologize. [still a newb at this. being here a year has not changed that xD]

mostly because some sort of RPing was proposed via PM between us. I might be left out of the loop for some parts though.

Character's Name: Himoto Takeshi
Character's Age: between 19-21*
Character's Gender: Female
Nation Affiliation/Loyal or Disloyal: Earth Kingdom; mostly loyal
Partner (Player, if different): Daichi
Environment: either/or

*she's only vaguely aware of her birth date, but in reality, she is 20

~Tenoko~
This user is a former member

Post by Gia on Jul 16, 2010 18:00:06 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
Sure, you're allowed. I'll be going to open your thread right now. No need to reply to this, and when you're finished, send me a PM, and I'll grade it ASAP. Basically, Tenoko, this is Training. It has nothing to do with the RP, as it's just practice, and anyone is free to do it if they want to practice, provided they haven't received an Excellent. If you change your mind, just let me know, k?
This user is Mod

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Jul 20, 2010 19:23:16 GMT -6

A Long Display Name Here Avatar
Character's Name: Sokka
Character's Age: 15
Character's Gender: Male
Nation Affiliation/Loyal or Disloyal: Southern Water Tribe, Loyal
Partner (Player, if different): Suki (Played by Ai Lin)
Environment: Either.
This user is Mod
ailin
Jul 24, 2010 13:53:39 GMT -6

Post by ailin on Jul 24, 2010 13:53:39 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Character's Name: Suki
Character's Age: 15
Nation Affiliation/Loyal or Disloyal: Earth Kingdom, Loyal
Partner (Player, if different): Sokka (Played by Toph)
Environment: Either.
This user is a guest

Post by Gia on Jul 24, 2010 21:02:47 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
Am going to open now. :)
This user is Mod
jordo
Jul 27, 2010 21:37:25 GMT -6

Post by jordo on Jul 27, 2010 21:37:25 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Character's Name: Shin
Character's Age: 21
Nation Affiliation/Loyal or Disloyal: Northern Water Tribe, Loyal
Partner (Player, if different): Anyone
Environment: B
This user is a guest

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Jul 27, 2010 22:02:23 GMT -6

A Long Display Name Here Avatar
jordo Avatar
Character's Name: Shin
Character's Age: 21
Nation Affiliation/Loyal or Disloyal: Northern Water Tribe, Loyal
Partner (Player, if different): Anyone

edit;; It might be best if you get someone to train with you before registering. =] You'll be waiting ages, otherwise.

This user is Mod
Anonymous
Aug 7, 2010 19:08:25 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Aug 7, 2010 19:08:25 GMT -6

I haven't done this in ages *deja vu*

Character's Name: Akita/Agita
Character's Age: 28 years old
Nation Affiliation/Loyal or Disloyal: Earth Kingdom/Loyal (although Waterbender with Southern ancestry)
Partner (Player, if different): Shin (agreed via PM)

...Managed to squeeze this in through some spare time before sleep ^^
Last edit by Deleted: Aug 7, 2010 19:09:01 GMT -6

Post by Gia on Aug 7, 2010 19:13:45 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
Okay. :) Will open up shortly.
This user is Mod
Anonymous
Aug 28, 2010 19:52:58 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Aug 28, 2010 19:52:58 GMT -6

second verse, same as the first. rinse, lather, repeat. That's how long I've been trying to find a partner.
RPing with people is usually how I get to know them... <.<[/b]

BUT, I'll spare the sob story, KK? ^^

Character's Name: Himoto Takeshi
Character's Age: 20
Nation Affiliation/Loyal or Disloyal: Loyal
Partner: Anyone interested
Environment: Either/or, yo.

[funny thing is, was I never was picky to start out with, so this is not just desperate!Tenoko here ^^']

~Tenoko~

Post by Gia on Aug 31, 2010 16:44:21 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
As I said, you're better off finding a partner, but if you don't mind waiting...
This user is Mod
Anonymous
Sept 1, 2010 8:20:10 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Sept 1, 2010 8:20:10 GMT -6

ye for now it's alright anyways. I've been waiting since 11 June give or take a day, so it's not anything foreign to me.

[and just for the record, no, that's not a complaint either--it's probably my own fault =B I'm patient when I play.]
~Tenoko~

Post by Gia on Sept 1, 2010 17:53:03 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
Heh, okay. As long as you don't mind. :)
This user is Mod