The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

Princess Ursa

kirusuten
Nov 7, 2007 10:02:52 GMT -6

Post by kirusuten on Nov 7, 2007 10:02:52 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
((I decided that I rather play a character that was already created. I hope this is okay. This would mean, if I'm accepted, I'll change my display name and forget about the old stuff I typed up about my character. Is this all right?))

The memories of her family haunted her, but also kept her feet moving. For too long Ursa had missed her son, daughter, and husband. She was the mother of Prince Zuko and Princess Azula, wife of Lord Ozai. In her was her family's strength, but also a mother's love and weakness for her own children. She was a firebender, but she was also a human being.

She always loved Zuko, no matter how far behind his sister he was. She believed that, with a little practice, he was just as good as she was. Ursa was the one who tucked him in at night and held him close to her when he shed his tears. But, she knew that one day she would have to leave him, no longer by his side, but she would also leave her love with him so that he would never be alone.

She remembered looking over her shoulder multiple times when she had left them. Oh, how the strong pull of love almost kept her from going. I wonder if Azula misses me, too... She left them the same morning her father-in-law had died, which would end up giving her husband Ozai the rightful place to the throne.

The sun was gentle towards her this day, soft rays of light and warmth keeping her willpower strong. Ursa's long black hair moved with each step, strands lifting and falling with her steady pace. At her height, somewhere around 5'9'' tall, she probably looked rather elegant, still wearing her robes and carrying herself nicely. Those golden brown eyes scanning her surroundings with every passing object. She was alone and needed to be careful of the decisions she makes, the places the visits.

On this day, it was smart to find a small bit of food to carry along with her. At this point she had run out, though her hunger hadn't yet sunken in. She would visit a small village by the name of Shu Jing, hoping not to be recognized, and with her soft voice and sweet personality, may be able to bring a price or two down a couple of notches. She herself was a kind and respectable woman, never cruel, unlike her husband. Soft-hearted, beautiful, and just beginning the years in her thirties at 33 years old, she was always liked by those around her.

Ever since the war began, or had gotten worse, anyway, the reputation of the Fire Nation had gotten even worse as well. Sometimes she wondered to herself why they couldn't just be peaceful towards one another. But, it was human nature to conquer, no matter what anyone thought or believed. Luckily, for her sake, she had no way of leaving her nation on foot, unless sneaking aboard a ship, and would not be bothered by those of the enemy continents.

As Ursa continued towards the small bustling village, she could smell the delicious aroma of chicken roasting. Smoke could be seen rising from a secluded fire behind a citizen's home, an elderly woman sitting in her rocker while her husband cooked the bird. Grandchildren could be seen running through the house in the windows, playing together. A small girl and boy, brother and sister. This reminded her of when she had pleaded with Zuko to try and play with Azula, "Zuko, why do you not want to play with your sister? I think you two need to spend time together. So, run along!" Of course they always ended up just teasing each other. Azula would brag about how much her father liked her more...

Thinking before acting, she came to the decision that visiting with this old couple may be a better idea than to go to a market where anyone would be able to recognize her. So, approaching the house, she walked to the back yard, hands clasped before her, back straight, and a kind expression laid out on her face. Once she rounded the corner, Ursa raised a hand and waved to the woman, "Hello, there. Am I welcome to come join you here? I smelled such fine cooking and thought to myself, 'Wow, if I don't get some of that bird, I think I may just die!'" With this she smiled, a little bit of her cheeks turning pink.

The elderly woman looked up at the sound of the unfamiliar voice, though from the look on her face it was as if she had already knew she was there before she ever made her presence known. "Oh, deary. Please, come sit with me here on this bench. You look so tired," she said, patting the seat next to the rocker. Sitting next to the woman, Ursa extended her hand, "Ma'am, it's good to meet you. My name is," thinking of what to say, she decided to go with a name close to her own, "Ursula. What is yours?" "Granny Akia and this is my husband, Gramps Tonu. At least, that's what our two granchildren inside call us," she replied as the two children came running outside, the girl chasing the boy. "The boy is Yusuke, the girl is Amari..." and leaning in closely to Ursa's ear over her right shoulder, "And I know who you really are, Missy. Don't worry, though, if you rather not be called by your real name, then so be it...Aren't they precious?!" She ended, raising her voice with the final question. With this, the young girl stopped and giggled, waving to Ursa.

The fact that the woman recognized her gave her a start, but if her secret was safe with them, then she would accept it, waving back sweetly to the cute little girl with short brown hair and freckles. While Amari wasn't looking, Yusuke had thrown a soft rubber ball that bounced off the back of her head, and they were at it again, chasing each other in their gentle game of tag. "Would you like something to eat, Ursula?" Akia asked, retrieving plates and some silverware, handing out food. "Yes, please. Thank you," she responded, taking the lovely roasted chicken back with a curtious smile. In the middle of her meal, she let them know how lovely the food was, and at the end the man and woman offered her to spend the night in her home. Maybe her luck was finally going up...?

——-
[Edited age and added where she was]
This user is a guest
Last edit by kirusuten: Nov 7, 2007 12:01:35 GMT -6

Post by Gia on Nov 7, 2007 11:47:14 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
Hmm... I don't know when this is placed, but now, I would think Ursa would be around 33 at least, if she had Zuko at 16, because he's 17 now and the oldest of her children. Anyway, I think you do play her fairly well, though I would like to know where she is in this app, but I think that as long as you know how to play her, all other things can be worked out.

Edit: Do note that you need two more stamps for you to be accepted as Ursa.

Edit #2: Oh, and btw, if you do get accepted, you might want to talk to Kanea, because she plays Lord Ozai. I mean, I know Ursa is probably nowhere near him right now, but just because... she is Lord Ozai, so you two can work out any past things involving them if you get her.
This user is Mod
Last edit: Nov 7, 2007 12:08:30 GMT -6

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Nov 7, 2007 16:49:51 GMT -6

A Long Display Name Here Avatar
Looks fine by me, just the stuff Karena said.

This user is Mod
blink
Nov 7, 2007 21:20:58 GMT -6

Post by blink on Nov 7, 2007 21:20:58 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Well, it looks like you've been applying around with the assumption that you have her already, which would be a bad thing if you post was kind of borderline... However, your audition is good and I think this is threshold... Go forth and be mysterious. I'll look forward to your roleplay of Ursa discovering she has a grandbaby. ;D

This user is a guest

Post by Gia on Nov 7, 2007 21:22:39 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
That settles it then. This will be moved to the Accepted Canon Characters thread. I'll tell Kanea to PM you, and yes, you do have a grandchild. PM me for more info if you're curious.
This user is Mod