The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

Long Feng

Anonymous
May 2, 2008 19:29:51 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on May 2, 2008 19:29:51 GMT -6

((Well here it is, I took some creative liberty with the guy and I hope everything is there))

Clop…
Clop
Clop clop clop clop
Clop clop clop clop clop

There was more than one, and they sounded like a parade of antelope elk on their way to the metal cells. This routine was so long and drawn out and more surprisingly the people who came down weren’t Fire Nation soldiers; but rather, Dai Lee agents, people who would seem like the last people that the would be trusted. After all, they were earthbenders and at one point members of the highest and most elite team of earthbenders. It was strange how the world changed; how the head honcho of an organization had been brought to his knees.

Though that was the case, it was he who passed out the keys to his defeat. The Dai Lee’s absolute obedience to his every word, as he had trained them to be, had been what caused his downfall; he told them to obey that Fire Nation witch and they had, and when it came to obeying him they had failed because he had been beaten at his own game. He knew this, but didn’t want to accept it.

if I didn’t have their absolute obedience then they would have turned on that witch and I would have this city under my control. However, things aren’t as bad as I had envisioned them. A knew set of tiles are being placed on the Pai Sho board and if I move correctly I will still be able to take this city. Long Feng’s luminous green eyes looked enviously into space as he thought back to his golden years, and of the power that he held over the city. He actions were performed in secrecy and luckily for him all of the citizens of Ba Sing Se believed that the Earth King regulated life, but he didn’t instead he did. And that made all the difference; if he could get out of his cell then he would just do as he had done he would claw his way to the top.

As a child he was the second child of four, his family lived the average life of a merchants in the lower rig. From this, it is a surprise that he ended up where he did. He ended up were he did is because of his earthbending gift. That gift from the spirits had propelled him to greater position than anyone in his family. He was made the guard of Governor Jia-mong. Jia-mong had seen his prowess in decision making and had made him an advisor, and then Long Feng had found some incriminating things on Jia-ming and did as any self-respecting politician would do. He was then given Jia-ming’s position and it was smooth sailing from there.

His life was the stuff of legend; a man from seemingly nothing is given a gift from the spirits. Then, the spirits move all the pieces to their proper place and watch as this intelligent man makes something out of very little; truly his life was inspirational—

Light flew in and ruined Long Feng’s concentration. He looked to the source and saw that his food tray was being pushed in under the metal door. Long Feng’s dilating eyes were terrible at that moment but they noticed that the amount of food this time was less than the day before. Angered, he protested, “What is the meaning of this? There is less food than last time!”

”Quiet you!” A voiced commanded. “Just be happy we’re feeding you.”

The voice was familiar; it was agent 109, playing his part. The light soon faded away and Long Feng pulled out a stone wrapped under many layers of cloth. As he was unwrapping it a dim green light began to fill his cell. His food consisted of bread, rice, and a pitiful piece of meat.

The bamboo that contained his dinning utensils was there, and that meant that he had news. I think I’d like to see what news my mole has to report to me, Long Feng decided and then pulled the lid off of the bamboo. When he tilted it over two chopsticks and a scroll fell out. Long Feng unrolled the scroll, and using the light emitted from the fluorescent rock, read the parchment.

The Fire Nation Princess was able to chase the Avatar out of the city. From what I can gather she accompanied a group of Dai Lee agents and they entered a group of tunnels made by those people that aided the Princess in entering the city. She betrayed the people that helped her and in doing so incurred their wrath. The Avatar’s coalition joined the betrayed and they fought in the caves made by their own hands.

The Avatar’s coalition was able to make it out alive, but the betrayed were apparently killed by a cave-in. The Avatar was also killed, but he died by the Fire Nation Princess’ hand.

As I told in the last scroll, the bastard baby that she had taken apparently belonged to her brother. So following the selection of new leaders in Ba Sing Se, she departed with her friends and the baby.

The Crystal catacombs of old Ba Sing Se are still known only by a few and these new leaders can’t even comprehend that our ‘savagery’ can make tunnels. The Dai Lee are in the control of the new leaders, but the Princess took a couple with her, I haven’t heard the exact number but it wasn’t many maybe two at least. Don’t panic Dai Lee agent 109 is still loyal to you and as before he has left some earth in the bread.

As before, be careful and do not worry I am still planning your escape. I have sent a letter to the Fire Nation Delegate about a prison transfer. When they transfer you I will help you escape into the catacombs from there you will have 109 aiding you on your quest. I will send another message in due time, and until then be cautious.

By the way 109 is the man who gives you your food.

The Avatar…dead. Well it serves that boy right; it would seem that the Fire Nation has won. My plan to use the Fire Lord’s death and the ensuing chaos that would come from a dysfunctional Nation to get control of Ba Sin Se’s populous now seems like a fantasy at best. Long Feng that plan took weeks to organize. No matter, he had gotten to the top before so he do it again, but he needed a new plan. So far, the only thing that hadn’t changed from the original plan was his escape and that was what the earth was for.

Long Feng slowly folded the parchment and set it down. He looked to his food and reached for the bread with his old wrinkly hand. He turned the bread over and found a hole. Bingo!

Using his earthbending he was able to pull out the pieces of earth. Although they were mere pieces of a Dai Lee agents earth gloves, they were each a ticket to his own salvation. He made a bracelet out of them and then placed the parchment on the bracelet. It stuck to the earth and was soon consumed by it. Long Feng then bended it up is arm and made it join the other pieces of earth that now made a nice suit of earth underneath his old black and green robes.

Long Feng lowered his head and gazed at the green Earth Kingdom insignia on his robe. His long black ponytail soon covered the insignia and seemed to form a line cutting through the circle inside the square. They were now mere relics of lost and wonderful civilization. Don’t worry I won’t betray any of you, Long Feng thought.

Betray, he hadn’t betrayed anyone at all. All of his actions were done for the traditions and the continuation of the Ba Sing Sean way of life; it was the best way of life, and more importantly it was his way of life. If he wanted to continue it then he would have to find a way to gain control, and some way of insuring that he could call the shots. It was strange to think that a global war hadn’t affected him until the past few months.

But until that day, Baby steps. Baby steps.

This user is a former member

Post by Gia on May 3, 2008 13:15:12 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
I could have sworn you did this already... Ah, well..

Wonderful, Shio, as I think most of your stuff is. You have a good grasp on Long Feng. I spotted a couple spelling and punctuation mistakes, but that's usual. I would watch out for that, but it doesn't make it any less wonderful.

This user is Mod
ailin
May 3, 2008 18:32:33 GMT -6

Post by ailin on May 3, 2008 18:32:33 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
I concur. You understand Long Feng's ambition and drive for power. He's always an interesting character to have around. Full steam ahead, Shio. :)

This user is a guest

Post by A Long Display Name Here on May 3, 2008 18:42:17 GMT -6

A Long Display Name Here Avatar
</broken record> Everything they said, dearie.

Lock and move to the accepted canons when you read this, thanks.
This user is Mod