The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

Aang Application

Post by Gia on Nov 28, 2007 16:18:51 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
OOC: Yeah, so this might be a bit choppy in some places, but I was trying to include as much of the rules as I could. Um, yeah, anyway, I was bored so I though I should finally get this done, so, yeah...

Aang stood, looking out the window of the Inn where they were staying. His gray eyes were looking out at the empty street of the little village where they were staying. The others were all asleep. Good, that was for the best right now. He sometimes did some thinking at night if he couldn’t sleep. They would be worried if they knew, and he would just assume that they didn’t worry about him. He was fine, at least right now he was. Aang tried to act as if nothing bothered him, but the truth was, sometimes did things did bother him, and there was nothing he could do about that. As he heard a noise, he glanced back, making sure everyone was still asleep, but found it was only Momo, knocking a bracelet of Katara’s off the table as he slept near Katara. She’d taken it off before she went to bed the night before. With that, he turned back to looking out of the window.

Time was ticking down. He didn’t want everyone to know he worried so much, but… the time until Souzen’s Comet was becoming less and less, which meant, there was less and less time until he would be forced to defeat the Fire Lord. Aang knew he didn’t look like much – a somewhat short, skinny, bald boy with Airbender tattoos, some hidden by his clothes – but that didn’t excuse the fact that he was quite powerful. He was, after all, the Avatar. However, Aang was not stupid enough to believe that power alone would allow him to win against the Fire Lord. Yes, he had mastered Water and Air, and thanks to Quan-Li, he was now learning Earth, but there was only about a month and a half, maybe two, until Souzen’s Comet arrived, and Aang knew that if he didn’t defeat the Fire Lord before then, everything would be over.

Sighing, Aang realized that brought another problem, because he was sure that the Fire Lord would be well protected. Getting to him wouldn’t be easy. Shaking his head, the Avatar closed his eyes, trying to clear his mind of such thoughts… Worrying about it wouldn’t help, he supposed… though a twelve-year-old was not supposed to have this kind of pressure. He should be worrying about the onset of puberty right now, not having to defeat the Fire Lord and save the world! He’d never wanted this, though he knew now turning his back on his destiny wouldn’t help anything either. Aang hadn’t known that before, when he’d run away from the monks in the temple where he’d grown up. Stop it, Aang, he told himself. Dwelling on the past never solved anything either, you know that.

He watched a leave that had fallen from a nearby tree as the wind pushed it down the street and finally into a wall as the wind died down. That’s how he had felt sometimes – like he was being pushed by an unseen force towards his destiny, unable to stop until it would eventually come to an abrupt halt. Yes, he was not alone. He had friends, new friends – Lakano, Hatsuharu, Akita, Kei – and old friends – Katara, Sokka, Quan-Li, Kanea, Karena. Zuko and Iroh were even on their side, something he’d never expected, though he assumed Zuko’s relationship with Karena and their son, Nikuro, had something to do with that. Though Aang had friends, he also had enemies – Halaku and his Hunt, forever a thorn in their side, he feared, Azula and her posse, and of course, the Fire Lord. Would it be enough? He didn’t know, and he supposed he was going to have to wait to find out, for good or for worse.

Giving another sigh, Aang decided that he should go to bed now. He didn’t want Katara asking why he was tired in the morning, because knowing her, she would, because she cared. If only… No, Aang didn’t want to go there, not now… Trying to get his mind off Katara, he thought of Earthbending. He was grateful to Quan-Li for teaching me. Bumi, his old friend, had told him he was a master, and he was good teacher. Quan-Li could be a little harsh sometimes, but he pushed Aang to succeed. He liked training with him, but he wondered if he’d have a chance to learn Firebending before he fought against Fire Lord Ozai. Time was running out. He knew if he asked Iroh to teach him, the old ex-General would do it, but would there be time? Aang shuddered at the thought of learning Firebending as he got into his bed, but he knew it was inevitable, and it would be helpful when he fought Ozai, he was sure.

Yawning as sleep finally started to overtake him, the young Avatar thought that perhaps he should think of things in a positive light. He had strong friends that would stay with him until the end, and he had something to fight for – his friends, a better, more peaceful world, and most of all, for Katara… his feelings for her were growing every single day, and if he was fighting for anything, it was so she would survive, and live a long, happy life… even if she didn’t end up with him, and as far as he knew, she didn’t even think of him as a friend… Another yawn overtook him, and as Aang dreamed, he was filled with pleasant of Katara, the most beautiful person in the world. Hmm, pleasant dreams, indeed...

This user is Mod

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Nov 28, 2007 19:45:39 GMT -6

A Long Display Name Here Avatar
Brilliant, as usual. ^_^ I love the Katara references - I really get a feeling for the "Aang"st-y pre-teen loving.

This user is Mod
Last edit: Nov 28, 2007 20:20:21 GMT -6
Anonymous
Dec 1, 2007 17:29:16 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Dec 1, 2007 17:29:16 GMT -6

Very nice Karena. And let's just say that our characters are too immersed in our universe for anyone to just be able to take them, unless...nevermind. I give you my stanp. And once I find it it will be pretty. Approved.

This user is a former member
Last edit by Deleted: Dec 1, 2007 19:05:23 GMT -6
yi
Feb 9, 2008 21:12:24 GMT -6

Post by yi on Feb 9, 2008 21:12:24 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
It was very good Karena, given all the things your guys put him through ;)

i would have liked to have seen more of the "aloof" part of Aang, since he does have a humor and care free side to him

regardless of that, you played him well :)

This user is a guest