The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

Chong

saami
Nov 16, 2007 17:16:06 GMT -6

Post by saami on Nov 16, 2007 17:16:06 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
“Let me tell you a story…” The mellow voice of Chong drifted out into the sparse crowd. A few people had gathered to hear him play his guitar like instrument. His fingers strummed the strings and he smiled at the crowd. “Come on man, take a break. Breaking is good when you’re already broken.” He said. Chong had a feeling a lot of what he said didn’t make sense to some of the people there, especially judging from some of the looks he received. But that was just because they didn’t ‘go with the flow’. And going with the flow was something he did well. The pink braided flower necklace around his neck swayed to and fro around his neck and he continued to strum his guitar and sing a little tune for the small crowd.

Don’t fall in love with a traveling girl. She’ll leave you broke and broken hearted…

Being a nomad was indeed very tiring and Chong plopped down beside his wife, who seemed busy braiding flowers into some random stranger’s hair. Flowers were good for the soul, cleansing and soothing. He had given his original flower necklace to the little warrior boy and his friend the Arrowhead. So Lily took the time to make him another one and he thanked her with a gracious strum of his guitar. His fingers plucked the strings and few passersby stopped and looked in his direction. Chong assumed they were interested in what he had to say.

Perhaps they were wondering why he seemed so relaxed and carefree. “…That, my friends, is because we go wherever the wind takes us. We don’t focus on the destination. It’s the journey that matters.” He smiled a whimsical smile and continued to pluck the strings of his guitar. The people seemed to be uninterested, which caused Chong’s face to fall slightly. His dark hair and colorful robes swaying in the breeze. But this didn’t last long as members of his troupe began dancing around as Lily blew into her flute. He joined them, singing happily and dancing around in a circle.

Chong wanted people to see there was more to life than war and fighting. Which is why he became a nomad in the first place. The Fire Nation burned and destroyed his home he shared with his then fiancé, Lily. He remembered being angry and wanting revenge. And he also remembered nearly dieing for that revenge. Chong hated what that did to Lily. She had stayed by his side, tending to his wounds and taking care of him. So after they were married, Chong traded his soldier’s uniform for something more colorful and his precious guitar, the only possession he cherished (well, besides Lily. But she wasn’t really a possession…well, whatever). That was almost 15 years ago, almost half his life.

And that began their life as nomads, wanderers led about by the wind and chance. Chong didn’t let anything stop him from living his life and enjoying being with Lily. The Fire Nation, the Earth Kingdom? It didn’t matter where they were. As long as people saw that they were all only people and didn’t have the dreaded “destination fever” then he could be happy. He gave Lily another smile and began gently rocking back and forth and walking down the path. The wind must’ve been blowing again as Chong began to sing a song.

Even if you’re lost you can’t lose the love because it’s in your heart. Ooooohhhh…

And whether people chose to follow or not was their business. For now they were safe from his carefree ideals. Until they met again on the road and he had the opportunity to present the other things life had to offer. He wasn’t going to worry about that just then. After all, the wind was blowing again.
This user is a guest
Last edit by saami: Nov 16, 2007 17:16:52 GMT -6

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Nov 17, 2007 0:49:02 GMT -6

A Long Display Name Here Avatar
Brilliantly done, Saami - I really like the way you've done Chong's point of view in the war. I think you've captured his personality perfectly, so I'm granting you the coveted

Now two more and you're set!
This user is Mod

Post by Gia on Nov 17, 2007 14:13:16 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
Great job, Saami. I noticed one minor grammar mistake (it should have been broken," he said) but who in the hell cares about that. This is wonderfully written, and I love the backstory to Chong. It definetely gives him more depth. Great job, again!

This user is Mod
yi
Nov 17, 2007 15:51:53 GMT -6

Post by yi on Nov 17, 2007 15:51:53 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
I really like the history you gave Saami ^_^ you really seemed to capture Chong’s true personality almost to the nail. But then again.. talking to you IRL.. I saw you easily playing Chong ^_^

The few grammatical errors were easily overlooked and it was overall a nice in-depth look at Chong…
I cant wait to see Chong in RP

Congrads Saami, you have recived all three required approvals..

ENJOY CHONG!!!
This user is a guest
Last edit by saami: Nov 17, 2007 15:52:48 GMT -6