The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

Application for Jet

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Jan 19, 2007 1:54:44 GMT -6

A Long Display Name Here Avatar
OOC: Please excuse the minor NPCing. ^^;;

Someone up there must really hate him. Why else would his life be so miserable? First, he lost his parents, then the girl he loved, then his friends....why? What had he done to turn fate against him? In his opinion, it was only a matter of time before he died, the way things were going. Jet scowled, brows knitted together, sepia eyes flashing dangerously. There was no way he'd go down without a fight.

At the thought, an image of Katara's smiling face flitted through his memory. Jet smiled, his heart softening as always at the thought of the beautiful waterbender. He made a vow to be a better person. No more would he attack Fire Nation without a care. From now on, he'd think of others before fighting. It would be a new beginning for him and his two remaining Freedom Fighters, Smellerbee and Longshot. What a better place to start over than..... "Come on," the fifteen-year-old orphan murmured to his mates. "Let's go to Ba Sing Se."

The boatride to Ba Sing Se was anything but a pleasure cruise. While the captain feasted every night, the ship's refugees ate rotting slop not even fit for livestock. Enlisting the help of a scarred guy named Lee, Jet led a kitchen raid. Seeing the happiness of the passengers as he passed out food brought a lopsided grin to his face. Doing things for others felt really good... if only Katara could see him now. Stretching in his sleeping mat, Jet wished on the first star he saw that he'd one day be reunited with Katara... and then, he'd make everything right.

Arriving in Ba Sing Se was an adventure in of itself. Mushi, Lee's elderly uncle, was seen flirting with the female customs official. Het nearly choked trying to suppress alaugh. Lee's a nice guy, the young man mused. He'd make an excellent addition to the new Freedom Fighters. As they waited for the train into the city, Jet approached Lee with an invitation. Disappointed at Lee's refusal, Jet turned to leave — then spotted Mushi, drinking hot tea. The very same tea Mushi had proclaimed to be "the coldest tea in Ba Sing Se" only seconds before. Furious, the boy narrowed his eyes. Lee and Mushi were Fire Nation.

Once more, Jet became obsessed. He stalked Lee and Mushi, despite Smellerbee's protests and Longshot's reproachfull stares. He was determined to expose the two frauds to the authorities. For days, Jet shadowed them around Ba Sing Se. He had no one now, Smellerbee and Longshot having abandoned him. A scowl darkened the handsome boy's visage. Never mind them. He'd reveal those two Fire Nation scum alone.

Days passed, Jet's attempt at tripping the imposters up had all failed. Damn them, he thought furiously, throwing caution into the wind. Marching to the tea shop where Lee and Mushi worked, Jet burst through the entrance, swords drawn. Vaguely, his brain registered gaspes and rebukes, but he paid them no nevermind. He challenged Lee to a fight, rushing at the other boy.

Somehow, they wound up outside, the teashop crowd circled around them. Jet fought furiously, noticing with dismay that Lee stuck to swords. "Come on, Lee," he taunted, trying to rile him. "Use your firebending!" The next thing Jet knew, Earth Nation soldiers had arrested him. "You don't understand!" he shouted at the Dai lee, struggling furiously against his restraints. "He and the old man are Fire Nation!" But nothing he said had any effect. A soldier tossed him into a wagon; sharp pain shot through Jet's skull as he hit the wagon wall with a sickening crack. Then, darkness claimed him...

Wake up.
W...what...? Where am I?
There is no war in Ba Sing Se.
Are you nuts? There's a war all around us!
Inside these walls we are safe.
Yeah right, there are Fire Nation here!
Watch the candle...
...there is no war in Ba Sing Se.

There is a war!
There is a war?
Is there a war?

Blinking rapidly in the glaring sun, Jet stared at his surroundings like one new to the town. How'd he get here? Last he remembered, he was working in that barn.... But now, he was next to the Dai Li. "Go on Jet," the man was saying. Jet went, slightly confused. "What happened?" he called back.

The Dai Li's eyes narrowed. "The Earth King has invited you to vacation at Lake Laogai," he intoned hypnotically.

Jet felt his eyelids droop. He blinked....

....and the next thing he knew, he was walking along the streets of Ba Sing Se, paper raining on his head. He remembered nothing about the Dai Li, nor the lake; all he remembered was that he had seen the Avatar's bison.

"Eh?" A pamphlet smacked him in the face, and quickly he peeled it off. How odd...the Avatar was looking for his bison! That mean Aang was here...with Katara....

He took off running. If the Avatar was flying around, Katara had to be near by....

He had to find her. He had to apologize; he was a monster back when they had first met. He'd make it up to her, by bringing the her to the Avatar's bison. Then all would be well... and he could ask her on a proper date, here in Ba Sing Se, and they'd go sight seeing...

There! She'd be the only girl dressed in blue in this city of veridian. "Katara!" he sang out happily. Her head turned at the sound of his voice, but anger quickly etched into her brow. "Jet!" she yelled, and moved her arms. Within seconds, he was encompassed in a giant wave. Great, the were next to a river. Just his luck. "Katara, dont be mad! I'm sorry!" I'm sorry that I hurt you then... "I'm a different guy now!" Not the monster that you met...

Katara was still shooting icicles at him when the Avatar and her brother showed up, along with a blind little earth bender, whose name, apparently, was Toph. "Katara, I swear I've changed," he said, desperate for her to believe him. She was a becon of light in his mind, but the 'before' threatened to snuff it out. Katara said something about him being a liar, but before he could respond, Toph quickly assured her that he wasnt. Jet breathed a sigh of relief as Katara let the icicles melt. Just you wait....I'll prove myself worthy of you, Katara...

And...... comments?
This user is Mod
Anonymous
Jan 19, 2007 20:20:13 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jan 19, 2007 20:20:13 GMT -6

Ooo Katara how delectably sinister. I love it and how sad he has been brain washed well I say yes.

This user is a former member
taedxoa
Jan 19, 2007 22:03:14 GMT -6

Post by taedxoa on Jan 19, 2007 22:03:14 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Nicely done, as always, Katara. As if you needed more characters :P You have received
This user is a guest
karl
Jan 20, 2007 19:31:31 GMT -6

Post by karl on Jan 20, 2007 19:31:31 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
The fan of terror!

*glomps post* Every time I thought you hit the top, with you Katara and Toph posts, you make sure I'm wrong. That was awesome, it oozes confusion, loss, and an overall sense of shame. Every scene is told exactly as Jet would see it. No doubt about it. If I was an admin, I'd say this was approved, and anyone who thinks otherwise has no sense of art. I LOVE IT!

Umm... am I annoying you people?
This user is a guest
Anonymous
Jan 20, 2007 19:44:25 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jan 20, 2007 19:44:25 GMT -6

Maybe you are, Kame.

Yeah, Katara. I approve thse approvals because your application is completely... right (?). There are already two approvals. Wait a minute, I'm staff, am I not ? Well, I don't have the same as them but:

[glow=Brown,2,300]*STAMP of Approval*[/glow]
This user is a former member

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Jan 21, 2007 1:45:44 GMT -6

Sorry Joychi, but only the Core Staff can approve Canon Applications. ^^;;
Anyway, I need two more. *coughs at Kusari, Halaku, and *gasp!* Karena*
This user is Mod
blink
Jan 21, 2007 12:20:19 GMT -6

Post by blink on Jan 21, 2007 12:20:19 GMT -6

Guest Avatar

Happy now, you ridculously skilled person?
This user is a guest
Last edit: Jan 21, 2007 17:36:50 GMT -6

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Jan 21, 2007 17:37:19 GMT -6

C'mon, yall, just need one more...!
This user is Mod

Post by Gia on Jan 22, 2007 11:54:39 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
You're great, Katara... Excellent... I am amazed at how much you've improved over the past year.

This user is Mod
Last edit: Jan 22, 2007 11:56:22 GMT -6

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Jan 22, 2007 12:23:33 GMT -6

w00t! Let's dance!

No? Well, thanks for the acceptance, all! Thread closed.
This user is Mod