The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

Board Suggestion

guhk
May 26, 2006 11:44:36 GMT -6

Post by guhk on May 26, 2006 11:44:36 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
the entire layout of this forum is very displeasing to the eye. the background, with the colors of the forum in general make it hard to read/focus on. maybe an admin could give it a more professional look? give it a plain BG but just have a large picture banner that relates to the Avatar.
This user is a guest
alianne
May 26, 2006 12:15:31 GMT -6

Post by alianne on May 26, 2006 12:15:31 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
I think it's fine myself, and I'm sure the rest of the site (Excluding you) agrees, it's nice enough. They can't make it perfect, and I don't think they're going to change it just because on person doesn't like it.

They've worked hard on this, I'm sure, (Especially Katara, because she makes the skins) and they're proud of their work, and I'm quite happy with it.

I'm sure that their are a few people who don't like it, and that's fine, but the MAJORITY of the people like it. If you don't like the way the site looks, don't join it, or just ignore it and have fun. You can change the skins if you go into modify profile, and they have Katara, Aang, and Zuko skins there if you don't like the default and would prefer one of those.

Good day to you.
This user is a guest
Anonymous
May 26, 2006 12:42:39 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on May 26, 2006 12:42:39 GMT -6

Yes you know Katara made it look professional and I have eye problems and get irritated by many colors by as far as I see it this boards color scheme is well done. I don’t have any irritation by the color scheme and by your standard I bet a professional job would be a blank background and black color for the letters.

This is well done in my opinion and as Aliana stated before if you do not like this color scheme then there are other skins in the profile section.
This user is a former member

Post by A Long Display Name Here on May 26, 2006 19:29:30 GMT -6

A Long Display Name Here Avatar
Hallo. My name is Katara, and these are my skins you insulting. Don't worry, no hard feelings. Just keep in mind that creating skins takes time, and patience, and you cant make them at the drop of a hat. If you are having issues with the background (I presume you are still on the default one), then click on your profile (the little button at the top) or on your name to the left hand side of your opening post. Then click "modify profile." Scroll down to the bottom, and you will see something titled "display skin" or something to that effect. Pick "Katara Light Blue." It's quite easy on the eyes. Everything is in a bit of a pastel color.

Also, this belongs in the "Announcements and More Center" board, not the General board. Next time, look before you create a thread. It specifically states that suggestions for the site go there.
This user is Mod
Last edit: May 26, 2006 19:30:31 GMT -6
alianne
May 26, 2006 19:45:47 GMT -6

Post by alianne on May 26, 2006 19:45:47 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Yes, Katara Light Blue is my skin, because I have very sensitive eyes as well, and get very bad headaches to where I can't hardly look at anything if it's to bright, but the Katara skin is very soft.
I think it's the best, but if you prefer something a bit more plain, then you could go for Aang White or something like that.
This user is a guest

Post by A Long Display Name Here on May 26, 2006 21:28:37 GMT -6

A Long Display Name Here Avatar
Thank you, Aliana.
This user is Mod

Post by Gia on May 26, 2006 21:53:10 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
Be careful about going from one of the darker skins (Zuko or the Default) to the Aang White, though, believe me - It will hurt your eyes. (It hurt mine.) At any rate, I agree with what's been said - the skins look great to know. I know I would have had a hard time doing better. Most of us would have.
This user is Mod
alianne
May 26, 2006 23:28:02 GMT -6

Post by alianne on May 26, 2006 23:28:02 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Your welcome, Katara...

And I can hardly stand Aang white unless I have the contrast and brightness turned WAY down... Zuko's skin is Ok, but I have to agree with Katara, the "Katara Light Blue" is the best for me... (Not to mention the background is cool.)

So now that you have suggestions, guhk, why don't you go see which you like, and if you don't like any of them... Well, then you can decided what to do from then on.
This user is a guest
enix
May 28, 2006 14:24:11 GMT -6

Post by enix on May 28, 2006 14:24:11 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
I personally think the skins are great. I am currently using the Aang white skin, and I really like it. I thought the Zuko skin was too dark. For me, anyway .I highly doubt the makers of the skins appreciate you telling them that it is displeasing to the eye. They worked hard, and you should respect them. I think the site looks great, and kudos to the person that made the skins.
This user is a guest
alianne
May 28, 2006 16:39:41 GMT -6

Post by alianne on May 28, 2006 16:39:41 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
That would be Katara... And yes, I think I agree with Enix. Appreciate their hard work, they do it for the people of the site, and for the site to look good.
This user is a guest