The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

[ALL!] Change in ProBoards TOS

Post by A Long Display Name Here on May 2, 2010 11:54:19 GMT -6

A Long Display Name Here Avatar
Hi everyone. Don't freak out about the notice up top that states that ProBoards' Terms of Service has changed. Yes, it has. There's a lot more legal jargon than there once was, and it may be a little confusing. If you agree to the new TOS, then feel free to keep your account here on TARP (aka do nothing. xD). If you do not agree to the revised TOS, then we must ask you to delete your account.

If you have any questions concerning the TOS that aren't legalities [as you must consult a lawyer with that], feel free to post here and I will answer to the best of my ability, or pass along a response from a ProBoards administrator.

Just don't freak out over all the legalese. =] Feel free to ask away!
[and no i'm not officially back yet, just want to keep this taken care of]

-Toph
This user is Mod
Last edit: May 2, 2010 11:56:28 GMT -6
hanabi
May 5, 2010 20:24:12 GMT -6

Post by hanabi on May 5, 2010 20:24:12 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Reading the TOS it makes it sound like all creative properties and ideas are able to be used by Proboards anytime they want without my consent or credit back to me. Am I reading that wrong?

15. USER CONTENT

"User Content" is any content, materials or information, not including Personal Information (as defined in ProBoards' Privacy Policy), that You upload or post to, or transmit, display, perform or distribute by means of, the Website, whether in connection with Your use of Services or otherwise. YOU HEREBY GRANT THE PROBOARDS PARTIES A PERPETUAL, FULLY PAID-UP, WORLDWIDE, SUBLICENSABLE, IRREVOCABLE, ASSIGNABLE LICENSE TO COPY, DISTRIBUTE, TRANSMIT, PUBLICLY DISPLAY OR PERFORM, EDIT, TRANSLATE, REFORMAT AND OTHERWISE USE USER CONTENT IN CONNECTION WITH THE OPERATION OF THE WEBSITE, SERVICES OR ANY OTHER SIMILAR OR RELATED BUSINESS, IN ANY MEDIUM NOW EXISTING OR LATER DEVISED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION IN ADVERTISING AND PUBLICITY. YOU FURTHER AGREE THAT THE PROBOARDS PARTIES MAY PUBLISH OR OTHERWISE DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION IN CONNECTION WITH THEIR EXERCISE OF THE LICENSE GRANTED UNDER THIS SECTION. YOU AGREE TO WAIVE, AND HEREBY WAIVE, ANY CLAIMS ARISING FROM OR RELATING TO THE EXERCISE BY THE PROBOARDS PARTIES OF THE RIGHTS GRANTED UNDER THIS SECTION, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY CLAIMS RELATING TO YOUR RIGHTS OF PERSONAL PRIVACY AND PUBLICITY. YOU WILL NOT BE COMPENSATED FOR ANY EXERCISE OF THE LICENSE GRANTED UNDER THIS SECTION.

You hereby represent and warrant that You own all rights, title and interest in and to User Content or are otherwise authorized to grant the rights provided the ProBoards Parties under this section. You further represent and warrant that all User Content fully complies with ProBoards' Community Guidelines.
This user is a guest

Post by A Long Display Name Here on May 5, 2010 20:30:46 GMT -6

A Long Display Name Here Avatar
Hi Hanabi - that's not what it means. ProBoards just means that we are giving them the right to publish and edit what we post in conjunction to their service. For example, if you type in [b]bold text here[/b], you're giving them permission to edit that to display: bold text here. Also, you give them permission to publish your post [again, in conjunction with their forum-providing service], every time you make a post. For example, this post here, I have given ProBoards permission to publish it.

Hope that clears it up.
This user is Mod