The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

Freedom Fighters - Ho!

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Feb 27, 2008 13:50:02 GMT -6

A Long Display Name Here Avatar
This thread will be for discussing and planning the actions for the Freedom Fighters. If you wish to join our ranks, please see this thread. Unless you are a Freedom Fighter, please do not post in this thread. Any posts not made by an acknowledged Freedom Fighter (in other words, if you have no profile or your profile hasn't been accepted yet) will be deleted on sight. Thank you.

All right, Freedom Fighters! It's been rough getting our show started (*fails*) but with the addition of some canons, this should work out great. We'll be meeting in the 'Through the Earth Kingdom' Thread. Because of the lack of proper usage in the other thread, I closed it down. I'd link to it, but it was just people saying that they want to join, mostly. *shakes head*

Let us discuss our course of action. The Freedom Fighters aren't needed for the progression of the Canon plot on to the season 2 finale. Since that's the case, we get to deviate more from canon... not that we haven't already, seeing as I/Jet am still alive. XD

Now, we'll start off at our treehouse base. I will quote all the posts made, if I can find them. If I can't, just know that Bangles (Saami) and Kismet (Ai Lin) have finished 'packing' their things. Jet (me) is lounging about, waiting for his friends/fighters to finish.

Once all that's out of the way, where too, my good Fighters? Ba Sing Se? The Fire Nation? Either way, we'd have to travel through the Earth Kingdom.

I will be posting in the "I Need Someone To RP With" thread to look up a potential fight for us, and to recruit more members who want to have an in-game joining of the Freedom Fighters.

I'm open to any ideas as to our destination.
This user is Mod
kin
Feb 27, 2008 19:14:23 GMT -6

Post by kin on Feb 27, 2008 19:14:23 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Sounds like a good place to start so far, Smellerbee may have an extended packing of her things until I write and hopefully pass my exemption. ^^; If it takes too long and I have to take RPG school though, I'll make an excuse for everyone to keep going on without her.
Well I guess I don't really know why they were planning to leave, so until that I'm not sure where to go is a good idea. Would anyone mind briefing me on the plot so far?
It'll be fun to start role playing with a large, active group of Freedom Fighters. I don't think any other Avatar roleplay has more than three active FF cannons. (No the last 2 sentences were not used just to meet the 500 characters guideline! <_< >_> )
This user is a guest

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Feb 27, 2008 19:42:56 GMT -6

Haha. Well, I think the premise wasn't ever set. We can make one up now. I was thinking they're leaving because (1) Jet's upset. Katara had given him a large talking to, and he's finally made up his mind to prove to her that he's not the ass she thinks he is, and (2) because there are people to save from the clutches of teh ebil Fire Nation..

Thoughts on that?
This user is Mod
ailin
Feb 27, 2008 21:28:23 GMT -6

Post by ailin on Feb 27, 2008 21:28:23 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
I always figured that the FF were relocating because of those reasons. Jet is pretty determined to eventually find Katara again and prove that he's a, well, fighter for freedom while not doing so at any cost. I'd assume that sticking around the scene of this miserable defeat probably wouldn't be such a good idea. Also, there's a small chance that Katara, Sokka and Aang would have ratted out the treehouse location to the nearby town just to get the FF to scatter and rethink their position.

I know we were originally going to head to Ba Sing Se on the idea that Jet wanted to start over, and the best place to do that was there (like in the show). Maybe they could get sidetracked after hearing of the Fire Nation takeover of Omashu? We could fight to free the city or something. That's the only suggestion I have that isn't still going to Ba Sing Se. :)
This user is a guest

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Feb 27, 2008 23:11:18 GMT -6

Ooh, I like that. I've not posted in Omashu since it was.. well, Omashu. :) I'd like to fight to free the city, but of course that'd have to end in miserable defeat for the Freedom Fighters. I would, eventually, like to go to Ba Sing Se, but I was thinking maybe after the season finale.

Oh, and I forgot to add, Smellerbee, take your time. :) I'm not exactly the fastest RPer in the world, so we'll probably still be in the 'packing' stages for a few weeks still... (because I fail). Anyway, good idea, Ai-chan. Any thoughts on her suggestion?
This user is Mod
haruki
Feb 28, 2008 21:14:16 GMT -6

Post by haruki on Feb 28, 2008 21:14:16 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
I have to say I agree with Ai Lin. Personally, I'd rather get it up and running and have the FF on the move, rather than sitting around and packing. The character of Jet is not one to wait, be patient, etc. Once he decides that the FF is getting out, they're out of there. Thus, I vote we begin the RP as we are building a new fort near Ba Sing Sae and sort of... re-grouping. Longshot is not very happy with Jet right now, although he won't voice it, and he would rather stay out of battle for the moment. I'm pretty sure that once Smellerbee and I pass the Romance Training, we'll be RPing Smellershot for the FF - that's just an idea, too.

Another thing, though, is that Jet had his massive ego cracked beyond repair. Then he'll find out Omashu was taken over, and... well, he's not going to be happy. With that hot head of his and everything seeming to go wrong, he would probably order a large assault on New Ozai or such places. Once again, that's just a suggestion, but I'd like to see the action started rather than waiting around. ^^
This user is a guest

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Feb 29, 2008 9:35:27 GMT -6

Excuse the length of this post. Did I mention this thread doesn't fall under the OOC minimum? :) Bwahahahahaha....

Anyway... x_x

That sounds like a solid plan, but I would like to RP the move - or at least the packing, then we can time-skip the traveling (which bores me to tears) and just post the next location as Omashu/New Ozai.

Thoughts?
This user is Mod
ailin
Feb 29, 2008 19:40:45 GMT -6

Post by ailin on Feb 29, 2008 19:40:45 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Unless there would be any pressing story elements during the travel to Omashu/New Ozai, I see no reason to RP it. My motto is, if it doesn't serve the story, don't put it in.

I do recall the start of the RP a few months ago. Will we be picking up from that or starting completely over again? Because I liked what I did the last time. XD
This user is a guest

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Feb 29, 2008 19:53:08 GMT -6

lol. let's pick up from before - Bee (that's your new nickname, Smellerbee. I can't be bothered to type that every time. xD) can someone NPC you for now? Haruki, you've passed exemptions, yes?
This user is Mod
kin
Feb 29, 2008 20:09:57 GMT -6

Post by kin on Feb 29, 2008 20:09:57 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Lol, thats fine. As a nickname and for an NPC. Haruki has passed exemptions (we talked in PM). To people/person who may play Bee: Don't go to overboard with Smellershot, though I don't mind if it is mildly shown. I want some of the goodies for myself. xP

I like the plot idea we have going for now and sounds like a great way to start out! By the way, you may want to add Sneers to playable Freedom Fighters. He was a once mentioned FF with zero lines but several appearances-- even a fight scene. If you've forgotten who he is (as I had until recently) I'll post some pictures of him, or you could just rewatch the Jet episode.
This user is a guest

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Feb 29, 2008 20:18:54 GMT -6

I remember. :)

And if we're NPCing you, we won't NPC dialog but rather actions.. like 'Smellerbee was done packing' kinda stuffs. And Smellershot is good, last person playing Bee (a guy, actually) wanted to go Smelleret. (roles reversed!) Yeah, but Jet is so smitten with Katara. :P Midori and Bangles, feel free to snap him out of it, either of you.

Who's willing to NPC Bee?
This user is Mod
ailin
Feb 29, 2008 21:34:06 GMT -6

Post by ailin on Feb 29, 2008 21:34:06 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
lol Kismet will try, I can bet you that. She's starved for attention and a troublemaker to boot. Oooh, that could be fun. Whaddya say, Saami? Love triangle! Or quadrangle if you add Jet pining for Katara. ;) Bangles already has a crush on Jet, right? Nothing like a little competition to keep things interesting. ;)

If no one else is willing to, I can NPC Bee. But if someone else is more interested, please go on ahead. :)
This user is a guest
saami
Feb 29, 2008 21:40:21 GMT -6

Post by saami on Feb 29, 2008 21:40:21 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
A love triangle could be interesting. And Bangles is quite smitten with Jet. Maybe they can strike up a bet of sorts with a chance at Jet is the prize. Midori is the gambling sort isn't she? Of course that could go bad for both girls if Jet were to find out. Either way, I think it might get interesting. :D
This user is a guest
ailin
Feb 29, 2008 21:46:09 GMT -6

Post by ailin on Feb 29, 2008 21:46:09 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Ooooh, you say one word about a bet or gambling around Kismet and she'll snap that up before you can blink. Even if the stakes are for a guy's affections. Poor gal, it is one of her weaknesses. If she finds any sort of gaming in New Ozai/Omashu, be warned that she'll probably cause trouble for the gang by getting wrapped up in it. So yeah, if Bangles wants to have a running bet with Kismet about who can 'win' Jet, she would be down with that. ;D
This user is a guest

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Feb 29, 2008 22:34:00 GMT -6

And Jet is down, and playing along. He ain't blind, ya know! >:3 And quadrangle it is, as he's still hot to trot for the Sugar Queen. (But I want to avoid that... romancing yourself sucks... T_T) Anyway, I posted, so feel free to reply. ^^
This user is Mod
toru
Mar 3, 2008 16:59:15 GMT -6

Post by toru on Mar 3, 2008 16:59:15 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Well... Now that I have acess to the RPG Boards (Exemption Dance) am I allowed to just jump in to your wherever? Also where, erm, are you guys? :D
This user is a guest

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Mar 3, 2008 20:10:12 GMT -6

Yep, feel free to jump... and read the thread, silly - I said TTEK. :P
This user is Mod
kin
Mar 23, 2008 17:30:47 GMT -6

Post by kin on Mar 23, 2008 17:30:47 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Hey guys, I just wanted to say sorry for myself being gone. I have been extra busy the last few weeks due to projects and dog shows. ( Super Smash Bros Brawl may have contributed as well....) Next week is purely half days at school, so I hope to finish my exemption and if it passes, join in the role playing. Sorry again!
This user is a guest

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Mar 23, 2008 18:17:56 GMT -6

It's ok. FF's on hold again. I think it's my turn to post, but I'm not entirely positive.

So guys, we've RP'd the move out; who wants to be first to post in Omashu?
This user is Mod
ailin
Mar 23, 2008 18:38:06 GMT -6

Post by ailin on Mar 23, 2008 18:38:06 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
It totally is your turn, Katara. We were asking where we're a-goin. We could skip right to Omashu afterward. I don't mind posting in Omashu first if it keeps the ball rolling. ;)
This user is a guest