The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

The Missing Air Bender

kiishu
Dec 1, 2005 8:10:24 GMT -6

Post by kiishu on Dec 1, 2005 8:10:24 GMT -6

Guest Avatar

A Fan-Fic

Written and conceived by:

Kiishiyori Miyatei

Characters:

Kiishu-——-A Water Bender who left his tribe early in his life in order to obtain knowledge and understanding of things, as well as to protect his “sister”, Kat. He unfortunately did not have the chance to learn well the techniques of water bending, but had to leave in order to protect Kat, one of the two remaining Air benders.

Kat-———--A descendent of a group of Air Benders who managed to avoid the Fire Nation for nearly one hundred years after the Air Nomads were destroyed. Eventually, the Fire Nation found them again and wiped them out as well, but she managed to escape thanks to her parents when all of the Air Nomads were destroyed. Very few know she is even alive. She was adopted by a family in the Water Tribe and is the unofficial sister of Kiishu. She was forced to leave the village in order to prevent the Fire Nation from finding her. She has not had the chance to learn any real air bending techniques since she was raised by water benders at a very young age.

Kagé———--A renegade Fire Bender who accidentally met up with Kiishu and Kat on their journey and decided to join up with them. He is Kat’s boyfriend. He goes by Zero when around anyone except his friends in order to avoid capture by the Fire Nation. He has become best friends with Kiishu. He is adept at fire bending but is not yet able to fully control fire he creates.

Sumihai-—--An Earth Bender who left the Earth Kingdom against the will of the elders in order to fight against the Fire Nation. Realizing her shortcomings but unable to face the shame and disgrace of returning home, she was more than willing to join Kiishu’s group upon meeting them.

For the most part, just wandering in the Earth Kingdom, fighting against the Fire Nation whenever the opportunity arises. They are not yet on their way to anywhere in particular, but that may change soon enough...

OOC: If any of you out there have a really good map of the world they live in, I would really appreciate it if you could send that to me please! Also, good thing no one has replied yet, it gives me the chance to say DON'T COMMENT HERE! Send me a PM if you want to comment on my story.
This user is a guest
Last edit by kiishu: Dec 22, 2005 11:45:33 GMT -6
kiishu
Dec 1, 2005 12:21:17 GMT -6

Post by kiishu on Dec 1, 2005 12:21:17 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Book 1:
Discovery

Chapter 1:
Airbending

Part 1[/center][/size]

Kiishu looked around at the surrounding barren desert. There were various towering piles of rock, boulders of various sizes and shapes, and the occasional small mountainous plateau. "Great. More rocks. I think we're lost."
"Well, now we know why you're the smart one," Kat said sarcastically.
"Hey, fighting isn't going to do us any good. We should just keep going. We're bound to find a city sooner or later."
"Sumihai, don't you know this area? You are an earthbender, so being raised in the Earth Kingdom, I would think you'd at least have an idea where we are."
"You forget, I met you somewhere off the continent. I have no idea where we hit land at, without a map."
"This is so annoying..." The group was getting irritable. They had been wandering around in the wilds of the Earth Kingdom for about three days, and though that may not seem like much, it is to those who are used to a bed and a decent meal everyday. The food they ate they had to catch first, and while they had no trouble cooking it with a firebender around, it usually turned out a little... well done. As for bedding, rocks do not make for a soft cushion. "So... what's for dinner?"
"What can you catch?"
"What do you mean, 'What can I catch'? You know I can't catch anything. Waterbenders aren't built for desert hunting. I hunt in the snow and ice."
"I can catch fast animals. I'm really fast."
"Hmm. That comes from being an airbender, I suppose."
"I suggest rabbit. There isn't much to catch out here."
"Yeah, I could use a change of pace."
"Sounds good to me."
"The poor little bunny!"
"Call me cold-hearted, but I am not gonna eat snake again. We've had snake everyday since we got lost here. Tonight, we're having bunny, er, rabbit."
"Fine, I'll go get it." Kat rushed off into the desert with nearly five times the agility of any normal man, and the stamina to go with it. The rest of the group set up camp, so as not to get lost. At least, as not to get any more lost. About ten minutes later, Kat came running back carrying three rabbits. She wasn't even out of breath. Sometimes her endurance amazed the others, but not right now. They were used to this.
"Well, why don't we get cooking?"
"Oh no you don't. Everytime you cook our food you burn it."
"Well, it gets done fast, doesn't it?"
"That's not the issue here. Why don't you make a fire, and I'll cook, okay? That way you can firebend, but the food will still taste good."
"Well, alright. You go ahead and cook it." Normally he would have argued, but the promise of a good meal dropped any objections he may have had. They all knew well that Kiishu could cook. He was, after all, the oldest in the group, and most people in his tribe learned to cook by eighteen years old.
After everyone had eaten, thhey got a look at the surrounding terrain, as was the routine. This was usually done by hurling Kat into the air (Sumihai did this, as she was an earthbender, and though she didn't look it, she was stronger than the others), and while up there, Kat would take a look around past all the rocky terrain that would normally obstruct their view. Because she was an airbender, she could push herself high up into the air, as well as land safely. Normally, they saw nothing special. This time however...
"Hey! I see something! It's looks like a city!"
"Are you sure?"
"Yeah! I'm positive!"
"Finally a break! We'll head in that direction in the morning. Kagé, you get first watch."
"Sure thing." He could barely contain the excite in his voice. After days of searching, they finally found a town. What's more, Sumihai would be able to get her bearings and what not once she discovered where they were. Although, they were far from safe, which is the reason for keeping watch. Before they landed here, they had successfully raided a Fire Nation ship, destroying many of its goods by throwing them overboard. No one had gotten a good look at them, but the Fire Nation was gunning for them just the same. Despite their excitement, they did finally manage to get some sleep, and would head for town the next morning.

*——*——*——*——*
This user is a guest
Last edit by kiishu: Dec 5, 2005 10:34:04 GMT -6
kiishu
Dec 11, 2005 23:03:17 GMT -6

Post by kiishu on Dec 11, 2005 23:03:17 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Part 2
[/size]

Kiishu woke with a start the next morning, by the hand of Kagé.
"Kiishu! Wake up! We need to get going fast!"
Kiishu, still half asleep, responded, "What? What is it?"
"It's the Fire Nation. Look in the air... See the smoke? I think they've traced us here, and have landed onshore nearby." Kiishu jerked up. Sure enough, he could see the smoke in the air. If the Fire Nation had been actively hunting them, there was no telling how many men they may have sent out. Better to get moving, he thought. "Although, if we go to that nearby city, we may draw the attention of the Fire Nation there... Is it really worth causing them the trouble? They are just innocent bystanders."
Sumihai walked up, looking at some notes. "But Kiishu, you forget that the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom don't get along very well. It would almost be considered an act of war if they walked in with that many men. I think it's safe to assume they would send only a few men in, at least until they had confirmed our whereabouts."
"She's right, you know." Kat ran up. She had been scouting the area. "We better get moving soon. There are a lot of soldiers searching the desert. How they tracked us so well, I can't say."
"Right. Let's pack up and get going." They packed up their gear and started heading for the city up ahead.
Luckily, they evaded the Fire Nation patrols behind them and reached the city within a few hours. It was around noon when they got there, and they were all ready to sit down to a nice meal.
"So, anyone have any money?" Silence was heard among the group. "I guess that's a no... Well, we'll have to get some money somehow. Most likely we'll have to find some work somewhere." They walked around for awhile looking for work, for anyone who needed a temporary hired hand. They found only various mediocre tasks for pay, but were more than willing to take them. After a couple hours of this, they had enough money for food and a room, and with plenty to spare... for the moment. They went out and bought a meal. Nothing big, of course, just enogh to tie them over. They had already learned not to be wasteful with what they have.
"Mmm, that was good."
"Yeah, it was. Where are we again?"
"You know, I forgot to ask." Turning to someone nearby, "Excuse me, sir? Could you tell me what city this is?"
The man looked at them. "Why, this is the city of Pa Sing Sae."
"Ah, thank you. Do you know where we could purchase a map of the Earth Kingdom?" The man pointed down the street at a small building. "Thank you, sir. Come on guys, let's go. I need a map so we can tell where we're going." They started heading toward the building when six Fire Nation soldiers moved in and blocked their path.
"Halt! We have orders to capture a party of four, including at least one earthbender and one waterbender. You four fit that description. You will come with us for interrogation, or we will use force."
This user is a guest
Last edit by kiishu: Dec 22, 2005 11:44:30 GMT -6
kiishu
Dec 22, 2005 11:42:57 GMT -6

Post by kiishu on Dec 22, 2005 11:42:57 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Part 3

Kiishu looked at his friends and smiled. "You know, perhaps we shouldn't wear these clothes that so easily define our bending disciplines..."
Kagé laughed. "Where's the fun in that, Kiishu? I need a little warm-up from time to time..."
Sumihai smiled as well. "Half of the hunt is the chase... the best part."
Kat looked at the soldiers. "But what do you do when your prey starts hunting you?" Yes, they acted confident, but it was all an act. It was by Kiishu's advice that they at least attemp to lower the enemy's morale... thus hindering their performance in battle. It seemed to actually work most of the time.
The Fire Nation soldiers moved in to capture them. Sumihai lifted one leg in the air, and brought it down hard. A chunk of earth twice the size of her head rose from the ground. As it lowered, she hit it both palms out, slamming it into the nearest Fire Nation soldier, knocking him unconscious. The remaining five charged. Kagé leaped into the fray, landing on top of the rear firebender, surrounding them. As Kiishu looked around, he noticed a staff lying against a nearby wall.
"Well that's convenient." He said aloud. As he headed for the staff, two of the soldiers moved in to cut him off. Sumihai jumped and landed hard. The impact shattered the ground in the area, throwing the soldiers off balance, at least for the moment. Kiishu took the staff and pole-vaulted over to Kagé, staff in hand. Kat had been moving as fast as any human could without being suspected as an airbender. The last thing they needed was the Fire Nation after them because of an airbender in their group. Still, her speed was amazing. The soldier she was fighting didn't have time to react. Punch to the stomach, double punch to the head, roundhouse kick to the side of his head, and he was down. The three remaining soldiers rushed Kiishu and Kagé. Kagé took one of them, alternating against him with offense and defense. Kiishu took the remaining two, mostly just blocking their attacks, using the staff for blocking, yet still getting in the occasional hit or two. Kagé brought his foot down in an arc of fire on his opponent. He was down. Kat rushed in and took out one of Kiishu's opponents. Kiishu had no trouble taking care of the remaining soldier.
"Well, that was easy." Sumihai pushed the ground back to its original shape.
"All targets down. Unconscious or otherwise..."
"Let's just stick with unconscious." Some people nearby were watching them, but didn't seem to care so long as it was the Fire Nation they were fighting.
"Hey, weren't we doing something?"
"Yeah, we were going to buy a map over there."
"Right. Let's get going." They walked over to the building which the man had previously indicated, purchasing a map.
"Good. With this, we'll have no trouble passing through the Earth Kingdom. Perhaps we shouldn't stay here any longer than necessary..."
"I think it would be good if we slept in a bed tonight. We should be relatively safe. We won't get far this late anyway." Everyone agreed to spending the night in town. They found an inn, after asking for directions, payed for a room, and after a short talk about the recent events and their goal, they went to sleep.

*——*——*——*——*
This user is a guest
Last edit by kiishu: Dec 22, 2005 11:43:43 GMT -6