The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

Can't Talk Must Eat!

alaskangirl10
Feb 12, 2006 19:36:19 GMT -6

Post by alaskangirl10 on Feb 12, 2006 19:36:19 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Note: the title has nothing to do with the story. This was actualy an RP a friend and I did and I edited it and this is only part of it and I'll continue it as I finish it as since the RPG has died. *cries*. This is an altranet universe deal no one wanted to play Katara or Sokka so they were left at the Water Natino or something. :) LOL.

Jaina wandered around the perimeter of her small Earth Bending community. Jaya, as she was most commonly called, was wondering whether she should stopover the boarder of her comfort zone. This was where she had been born and raised for sixteen years. Why leave? Jaya shook her head. She didn't want to just sit here and die here not having lived. But there was nothing she could do.
Aang flew over the great sea to the Earth nation. He had already mastered air and water and was looking for an earth bender to teach him the craft. He landed on his giant flying bison on the border on the Earth nation and saw a girl walking. He flew over to her on his glider and landed in front of her. "Hi".
Jaina simply stared at him. "You flew," she said sounding completely ignorant. "How'd ya do that and where can I learn?" Jaina laughed at her own comment. "Just kidding. Hello my name is Jaina, but most people around here call me Jaya. You may call me what ever you prefer." Jaina made some of the ground raise up for a chair.
Aang smiled at the girl, "oh, I'm an air bender. My name is Aang". He wondered at the way she contorted the ground, "wow, where can I learn that?". He stood amazed, then shook his head. He took a small marble out of his pocket, hovered it between his palms and span it, "Look". He said in a child like innocent tone.
Jaina laughed. "That's cool. You could learn here. You must be the Avatar. Cool," Jaina said smiling.
Aang smiled, "Yes I am the Avatar, so far I have mastered air and water. I have come here to master earth". He smiled broadly, he continued to let the ball spin. "Can you teach me?" he asked innocently.
Jaina looked at him. "I'm not sure. I'm not fully trained...I'm only 16 and me train the avatar?" Jaina asked shaking her head. "I dunno."
Aang put a reassuring hand on her shoulder, "well we can learn together". He said with a broad smile.
Jaina smiled. "Sounds like a plan, Aang," she said smiling her face lighting up. her brown curly hair framed her face.
Aang stepped forward. "Which way?". Aang was excited, he'd only had two more elements to master and he would become the Avatar.
Jaina stood up. She was taller than Aang, much taller. "This way, C'mon!," Jaina said going into her village. Jaina did not look like the average Earth Bender. She did have her Earth Bender mother's brown hair but had her father's pale skin. Maybe it would be best for Aang not to meet her father.
Aang followed her as she ran off. He conjured an air ball underneath him and caught up quickly. He landed beside her and continued to run. "Who are we going to see?".
Jaina suddenly stopped. “I don't know. Do you have any preferences?" Jaina asked sweetly.
Aang just stared at her. "Well, I thought we'd go to the person who taught you". He frowned, he hoped she wasn't a fire nation spy.
Jaina turned around. "My mother taught me. But...I guess we can go there, "Jaina said uncertainly. "Just when I say you must leave. You have to leave," Jaina said sternly.
Aang looked at her innocently, "Ok". He wondered what would cause such an abrupt exit. Still, this is a foreign land and he must obey their customs.
Jaina lead him to her mother. "Ma! Ma! Mother where are you?" Jaina called. Her mother came out and took one look at Aang and got wide eyed. "Jaya, may I see you in the kitchen?" her mother asked Jaina smiled at Aang and told him to stay. She fallowed her mother to the kitchen.
"Jaina Luna Harrow! What is he doing here? You know what your father will have to do if he sees him!" her mother shouted.
"Ma! He needs our help. Pa doesn't come home until late. Please teach him! Please!" Jaina pleaded. Her mother sighed.
"Fine." Their voices carried farther than they knew.

Aang smiled as Jaina and her mother left for the kitchen. He sat down on a wooden stool and looked around, it was a very typical Earth Bender home. Green and brown and very homely. As he heard their raised voices he stood and headed for the door.
Jaina smiled walking out. "Aang, good news my mother will teach you gladly," Jaina said as if the argument hadn't happened.
Aang turned back to face her and smiled, "Great". He walked towards her and looked kindly at her, "everything ok?".
Yeah, just I forgot to do some sort of chore and my mother was angry. No worries," Jaina said as she lead him to the back yard so her mother could teach Aang earth bending.
Aang smiled and followed her. As he went out into the garden he smiled and greeted her mother graciously. "My name is Aang and I am the Avatar". He extended his hand.
Jaina smiled. Her mother gave a weak one. "My name is Kerra, but don't call e that. Here try this," Kerra said and did an easy Earth Bending move. The lesson went on and things got harder as they went. Jaina enjoyed watching them. Then the back door to the house opened and a man wearing red walked in. He had pale skin and black hair. "Kerra, Jaina, who is this?" he asked angrily. Jaina froze and so did her mother. "Father...let me explain..." Jaina said.
Aang listened and copied Kerra perfectly, by the end he had mastered most of the basic moves and a few more difficult ones as well. When the back door opened Aang turned and smiled, as he saw the red robes, the pale skin and the black hair he froze. Then he dashed behind Jaina. "Father?" He looked quickly around the garden. He spotted his staff some way off. He began to move over to it.
Jaina nodded. "He is my father," Jaina said and looked at her father. "Please...please don't turn him in!"
Aang ran over to his staff and held it firm towards her father. "I'll leave". He tapped it firmly on the ground and this fans of his kite knocked open. He held it high and began to move the air beneath it. "Jaina, find me".

Aang left and Jaina's father grabbed her upper arm. "How dare you help the avatar? How dare you turn your back on your heritage?" he yelled. Jaina pulled away from him. "No! the Fire Nation is not my heritage! I am an Earth Bender not a fire bending!"
"But you can do both."

"It does not mean I will use it!" Jaina shouted and ran from her father. He was yelling something about how she had better get back here. "No!" she shouted over her shoulder and ran to the place she had met Aang. No! How Why had father come early? No! Why did Aang have to find out? Boy was she in for it when she got home.
Aang stood there, looking over the water. As Jaina approached her turned and forced a smile. "Will he come and get me?". Fear laced his voice, if the fire nation captured him he would never be able to end the war. He sat on a rock and put his head in his hands. "Are you of the fire nation?"
Jaina looked down. When she looked back up she nodded for his first question she was crying. "I'm ssssssorrry, Aang, I...I...." Jaina collapsed on the ground crying.
Aang was shocked and stepped back. "How could you, I've got to...". He stopped and looked down at Jaina. He knelt down and comforted her, "Don't worry, I'm use to escaping them". He laughed and said, "Come on, you teach me a bit of earth bending".
"I'm being force to be a part of the Fire nation! I don't want to! I can bend both earth and fire. I don't want to use fire though. Aang please I was trying to help you but..."Jaina looked down feeling horrible.
Aang stands up as she admits to being part of the fire nation. "Can I trust you? You might rat me out to the fire nation. Where do your loyalties lie? With your mother? Or your father?". He moves away, he begins to sense the water, it ripples, ready to be bent, if needed to put out any fire.
"My mother, my father is trying to force his fire thing upon me. Like he's even set up an arranged marriage but it didn't work. Luckily the guy got banished," Jaina said. "Please Aang. You of all people should know how I feel. You can bend all four must decide where loyalties lie though you are related to all four." Jaina looked up.
"I have no loyalties, I am loyal to all, I only fight for the peace of all. You say your husband was banished". Aang knew of only one fire bender who had been banished, Prince Zuko. "You must choose to abandon your father, he can only lead you along the wrong path". Spending all that time a hundred years ago with monks made him sound like an old proverb guy.
Jaina looked livid. "He is not my husband! We were to be forced to be married at the age of eighteen. That’d be two years from now had it not gone to pieces. For which I am thankful!" Jaina said. "I will leave my father but I cannot leave my little brother there. My father would corrupt his mind." Jaina put her figure in the water and the water around her fingerer began to boil.
Aang moved forward and snatched her hand out of the water, gripping it firmly he said sternly, "The less you use of that the better". He waved over the water and it clamed, then splashed up into her face. "Wake up!" he said suddenly, "Do you really think your father will let you leave at all? As well as taking his son, trust me. Fathers are very protective of their sons, much more than their daughters. He will hunt you done if you take him". Aang dropped to his knees, he remembered when his father had fought so fiercely against the monks who took Aang for air bending training. A tear fell from is eye, he cast it aside into the water and looked hard at her. "If you leave, you will be leaving him and your mother, but you cannot take them with you". He turned away from her. He didn't want to tell this girl that she would either have to accept the fire nation or leave her family. Jaina looked at Aang. She was older than him...or not really he was over a hundred and she was only sixteen. Jaina looked down. "I'm sorry. I'll come with you," Jaina said quietly.
Aang was shocked that she had chosen him over her family. "Are you sure?, you would be leaving everything behind". He called for his flying bison. "I can have you away from here, but you will be searched for. A lost fire bender is a great insult".
Jaina closed her eyes and thought hard. "Yes my mother would be proud of me. Everyone here is too afraid to leave so they stay. I will not stay, I will leave Boontown," Jaina said and smiled wryly. Though her heart would stay in her small town of Boontown.
As Uppa approached, Aang flew onto his back and offered down a hand. "Lets go then". He smiled but behind it was a worry that she would regret leaving.
She grabbed his hand and was on the bison. "What's his name. He's cute!" Jaina said smiling.
"Uppa". He tapped the giant flying bison sides, "yip yip". The bison flapped it's giant tail and took off. "He's ok I guess". Uppa moaned and Aang patted him, "Only kidding, I love you really". He laughed and scratched his head.

Prince Zuko paced in his cabin of his ship. The avatar! Where was the avatar? I needed that child…or rather what ever he is. I need him to gain everything I once had. A family...A father...a friend. Zuko paced again.

Jaina sat back. "Well, where are we going anyway?" Jaina asked.
"Well, I still need to learn earth bending, so we'll be going to the opposite side of the earth nation". Aang laughed and nudged Jaina, "Never mind, they'll be proud of you".
Jaina looked startled. "We are going to another Earth bending town?" Jaina asked smiling. Her hair flew around every where including her face.

Prince Zuko knew that the Avatar needed to learn Fire and Earth. Just those two! Earth was no drought safer for him. Zuko burst from the room. "Set a course to the Earth Nation! We are going to find the avatar!" he shouted to his crew. There was his uncle eating away like he always did.
The old man bit into a chicken leg and smiled as his nephew entered. "What is wrong?".
"Nothing, Uncle, I have set a course to the Earth kingdom to find the Avatar. First stopping at Boontown," Zuko said and walked off to tend to his own business.

Aang smiled and nudged against her, "Yep, so we can both learn more".
Jaina smiled. "Well, then once you have learned three of the four elements you'll have to learn fire bending. What will you do about that?" Jaina asked leaning back.
Aang smiled and rolled his eyes. "Well, I guess I'll have to go to the fire nation and find someone who will be kid enough to teach me. If you're still around, maybe you'd like to come with me". He laughed and fell back, letting Uppa take his own course. Jaina smiled.
"But I thought you were against me using my fire bending powers," Jaina said smiling at Aang.
Aang’s smile dropped, "Well, if you are to accompany, I shall need fire bending protection". He smiled and said, "No worry, if you choose to use your power, which is yours alone. Then that is yours to use and develop as you will".
Jaina smiled. "Right. So how long will we be on the cute ball of fluff?" Jaina asked patting Uppa.
"Well, that really depends on how far it is. The four nations were split equally, so about 2 days to reach the other side of the Earth nation". Aang patted Uppa.
Jaina smiled. "Well, I've never left my town so I wouldn't know, "Jaina said.
Aang smiled and said, "I'm hungry, lets set down there to get some food". He steered Uppa towards a large town.
Jaina smiled. "Yes food sounds lovely, Aang," Jaina said.

"What do you mean the Avatar was here and he took a fire bender with him?!?" Zuko asked as he pined Jaina's father against the wall. Jaina's father pushed him off. "He just took her. I don't know where they were heading."
The old man, entered the small Earth Bending house gnawing on a chicken leg. "Nephew, be calm, we will find him. Now, anyone for Mahjong?"
Zuko pushed the fire bender against the wall. "Prince Zuko, please bring back my daughter. The Avatar has corrupted her mind," Jaina's father said. Zuko stopped. Jaina, his old friend. The avatar had gone too far this time. "Yes I will. No Uncle we need to find the Avatar before he leave the Earth Bending Nation!"

Aang smiled and settled Uppa on the ground, he offered up a hand, "Lets go get some food".
Jaina reached for his hand and she was helped down. "Thankyou, Aang, "Jaina said smiling at him. "Let's go!"
Aang smiled and ran into the town. He stopped and waited until Jaina caught up and whispered, "please don't mention me being the Avatar, some here may be of the fire nation". He stopped and hoped Jaina wouldn't be offended, after all, she was of the fire nation.
They approached a market stand and Aang bought three hairy green things. He bit into on and spat out the hair, inside was a large brown nut. He bit into in and chewed. "Wow, these are great". He offered some to Jaina.
Jaina shook her head. "No thanks," Jaina said smiling at him. Jaina bought a dish that had noodles and cheese sauce in it. "Try it. It's my favorite."
Aang took some noodles and tried some. He smiled and turned his back on her, subsequently chucking it back up. He turned back to her and smiled again, "Delicious". He continued to eat his nuts and walked around the town. "Nice place this, very earthy". He laughed heartily, "Get it? Earthy? Earth nation, get it?". He nudged Jaina repeatedly in the arm.
Jaina laughed. "Yeah. That is funny," she said. Then there was a horn being blown. "Fire Benders!" shouted someone and people began to scatter. "Aang! Aang, what's going on?"
Aang forced a smile and said, "You know, fire benders attacking". He grabbed hold of her wrist and said, "Come on". He dragged her down an alley and then flew them both up onto the roof of a nearly building. He flattened himself against the roof and looked to Jaina, "Get down" he whispered. Jaina got down. The Fire Benders marched in lead by a boy he age with a scar across his eye. "Zuko," Jaina said under her breath. Her eyes were surprised and shocked.
Aang recognized the leader as Jaina said it. It was the boy who had been repeatedly trying to capture him. It was worrying though, that he had succeed many times. "We have to get out of here" Aang said as the fire benders passed. He made to move to jump off the building.

This user is a guest
cloud5454
Mar 18, 2006 17:39:20 GMT -6

Post by cloud5454 on Mar 18, 2006 17:39:20 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
that was good it was long and thats the way a lot of people like it great job!
This user is a guest
zanisha
Mar 27, 2006 14:37:28 GMT -6

Post by zanisha on Mar 27, 2006 14:37:28 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
good job.
This user is a guest