The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

Favorite Television Quotes/Scenes

Post by Gia on Oct 9, 2005 0:43:19 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
Here you can put any of your favorite quotes and/or scenes from a movie.

(Doing English so people understand...)

Jakotsu sees Inuyasha, and clasps his hands in front of him. "How adorable!"
(Inuyasha - Episode 103)

"And that monk is sexy." Jakotsu (referring to Miroku)
"Can I suck him up?" Miroku
"Sure." Inuyasha
(Inuyasha - Episode 103)

"I wonder what color your blood is." Jakotsu
(Inuyasha - Episode 103)

"You know, you really are sexy close up, but in the end, you're not my type." Jakotsu (to Sesshoumaru)
(Inuyasha - Episode 116?)
(I'm not sure if that is the exact translation, as I haven't seen it in English, and I don't remember what the subtitles said.)

Inuyasha slashes for Sesshoumaru, but suddenly is no longer in front of him. Inuyasha freezes momentarily, before looking behind him, and there is Sesshoumaru. Smirking slightly, Sesshoumaru says, "Now, was that aimed at me?"
(Inuyasha - Episode 5 "Aristocratic Assasin: Sesshomaru"?)

"It's a good thing you're in a grave, 'cause you're gonna die!" Inuyasha (to Sesshomaru)
(Inuyasha - Episode 5 "Aristocratic Assassin: Sesshomaru")
This user is Mod
Anonymous
Oct 9, 2005 14:59:48 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Oct 9, 2005 14:59:48 GMT -6

Yura has Inuyasha tied up with her hair, and she makes a move to kill him with her sword, when suddenly an arrow flies by an almost hits her. Yura looks down and sees Kagome with an arrow ready in her bow, demanding that Yura should release Inuyasha. "I think she wants you back, Inuyasha. What a sweet wittle doggy you must be." Yura said.
Inuyasha yells, "I told you hide, not draw attention to yourself!"
"Of course, her hair is not as pretty as yours, Inuyasha, but then, waste not want not." Yura said.
"My hairs not as pretty as his, huh? How would you know? You don't even use shampoo!" Kagome said, shooting an arrow towards her.
The arrow almost hits Inuyasha, but he moves out of the way as best as he can, seeing as he's tied up at the moment. He yells at Kagome, "Watch where you're aiming that thing, please!"
(Inuyasha - Episode 4 - Yura of the Demon-hair)
This user is a former member

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Dec 2, 2005 16:56:51 GMT -6

A Long Display Name Here Avatar
I'll have a bunch of Rurouni Kenshin ones up in a few...once I get all of em translated.
But for now....

Foster's home for Imaginary Friends
"Let's Bloo this!" --Mac
"Shut up. At least the bunnies are on fire." --Mac

Teen Titans (these are all starfire quotes)
1. "Someone's claws are on my grEbnaks!"
2. "I understand your pain Cyborg. when i was small my favorite zarneck was eaten by a rampageing glor,believe me once your zarneck has been inside a glor you do not want it back"
3. "You are behaving like a royal Zarbnarf!"
4. "It appears that the grishnik has got your tongue"
5. Starfire: *takes off metal glove thingy* "So this 'prom' that you speak of is a matter of duel yes?" *slaps kitten with metal thingy* "Robin excepts!"
6. "How many Okaarans does it take to hogie a morflark? Finbar!"
7. "Yes, he is now capable of opening even larger cans of the butt whoop."
8. "We are saved!" (Falls back into the water)
9. "Never have I been so thankful to have 9 stomachs!"
10. "Please, an aardvark is some form of duck?"
12. "Yes, today is glorb glorb, the Tamaranian festival of berating drapery. STUPID CURTAINS!!!"
13. "But...there will be music and the iced cream, and a strange game involving pins and the behind of a donkey."
14. "Curiosity abounds! Where do you come from, how did you get here, what is your favourite colour, do you wish to be my friend?"
15. "Raven you do not wish to have the nuts of dough with us?it is like eating sweet little wheels!"
16. "The Control Freak is a dork, yes?"
This user is Mod

Post by Gia on Dec 12, 2005 0:13:27 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
"You don't like skiing." Caleb
"Right." Girls
"You don't like this girl." Caleb
"Right." Girls
"You're going skiing with this girl." Caleb
"Right." Girls

"Don't you have fun in Meridian?" Irma?
"We have fun!" Caleb

"Grandma, what are you doing here?" Hay Lin
"He made me drive him all the way up here." Mrs. Lin
"I'm no fun, huh? Say that to my knew ski's!" Caleb
"They're ancient." Hay Lin
"They served me well back in China." Mrs. Lin
"They looked like they served Genghis Khan back in China." Hay Lin

All from (W.I.T.C.H. - Divide and Conquer)
This user is Mod
Last edit: Dec 12, 2005 0:16:10 GMT -6

Post by Gia on Jan 4, 2006 20:08:13 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
Mana - there is a thread for Avatar quotes and scenes in the show board. I have deleted your post, you can go there and repost it.
This user is Mod

Post by Gia on Jan 17, 2006 19:23:04 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
"I won't let you tarnish Daniel's name." Jack to Jonas after the accident

"Because despite the fact that you've been a terrific pain in the a$$ for the last five years, I may have... Might have grown to admire you. A little. I think." *leans in closer* "I'm very bad at this." Jack
"Yes, you are." Daniel
"I talked to Jonas. I think he might talk to the Council, and get your name cleared."
"Why do you care? It doesn't matter anyway."
"I won't let this be your final act on record."
(roughly, probably incorrect, feel free to correct me)

*crying* "Why is that we wait until times like this to say how we truly feel? I admire you, Daniel. You bring out something in people." Samantha

"If you die, I feel that the battle agains the Goa'uld will have lost one of it's greatest warriors, and I will have lost one of my greatest friends." *looks like he's about to cry, and put his arm over his chest in a salute-like gesture* Teal'c

(All from one episode (can't name in, aired in 2002) of Stargate: SG-1
This user is Mod
Last edit: Jan 29, 2006 3:21:51 GMT -6

Post by Gia on Jan 18, 2006 22:00:50 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
"I leave, and look at the mess you get yourself into." Daniel to Jack

"The hardest thing about being who or what I am is being able to change the things I want, and knowing that I can't. Even when I'm sure, even when it's absoutely certain, even when it affects the people I care about, I can't." Daniel to Jack

"End this."
"I can't."
"Daniel, end this."
"Jack, don't make me do this."
"End this. I would do the same for you, and you know it."
(roughly)Daniel and Jack

"You were gone."
"I know. I'm sorry. I had something I had to do, but I'm here now, and I'm not leaving you until this is over."
Jack and Daniel

"I keep saying goodbye to you for some reason."
"Yeah, I noticed. Are you going to sick around."
"No, I can't. I'm not supposed to."
"You're here now."
"Special occaision."
"Christmas?"
*patiently* "No."
"Birthday?"
*patiently* "No."
"You have your path and I have mine?"
"Something like that."
Daniel and Jack

(All from the Episode "Abyss" of Stargate SG-1, first aired in 2002)
This user is Mod

Post by Gia on Jan 29, 2006 3:20:08 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
Daniel: She's Hathor, the goddess of fertility, inebriety, and music.
Jack O'Neill: Sex, drugs, and rock & roll?

Dr. Daniel Jackson, Ph.D.: This tastes like chicken.
Capt.: So what's wrong with it?
Dr. Daniel Jackson, Ph.D.: It's macaroni and cheese.

Daniel Jackson: I remember when we were first trying to get the Stargate to work, I would come here and just stare at it for hours.
Dr. Elizabeth Weir: Is that a gentle reminder that you've been an important part of this since the very beginning?
Daniel Jackson: Subtle, huh?

Daniel Jackson: So we'd be looking for a needle in a haystack.
Thor: A haystack of infinite size.
Daniel Jackson: That's big.

Capt.: Daniel, show me an anthropologist that dresses like this and I will eat this headdress.

Teal'c: The destruction of the hammer device in order to save my life may have caused this. If so, I am responsible.
Colonel: General, I gave the order.
Dr. Daniel Jackson, Ph.D.: I fired the staff weapon.
Capt.: And... I was there.

Jack O'Neill: Do you read the Bible, Teal'c?
Teal'c: It is a significant part of your Western culture. Have you not read the Bible, O'Neill?
Jack O'Neill: Oh, yeah. Yeah. Not all of it. Actually, I'm listening to it on tape. Don't tell me how it ends.

Colonel: I hope you diplomatically told him where to shove it.

Capt.: Where's Daniel?
Colonel: Ernest is showing him a new toy.
Capt.: Really, what?
Colonel: Just some fancy light show that may be the key to the universe or something.

Capt.: I've just never blown up a star before.
Colonel: Well, they say the first one is always the hardest.

Colonel: It's time for Plan B.
Capt.: We have a Plan B?
Colonel: No, but it's time for one.

Baal: You dare mock me?
Colonel: Come on Ba'al, you should know. Of course I dare mock you.

Capt.: Maybourne, you are an idiot everyday of the week, why couldn't you have taken just this one day off?

Jack O'Neill: What kind of archaeologist carries a gun?
Daniel: Uh, I do.
Jack O'Neill: Okay, bad example

Jack O'Neill: What now?
Teal'c: I have read of a place where humans do combat in a ring of Jell-O.
Jack O'Neill: [tosses Teal'c a cell phone as they head to the truck] Call Daniel.

Jonas: Don't tell me you haven't noticed how strange the people have been acting around here.
Sam Carter: What are you talking about?
Jonas: Well for instance, that man there right behind Teal'c, he doesn't realize it, but he just put eight cubes of sugar into his coffee, and that lady over at the counter, she's been reading the same article for half an hour. Since we sat down, that waitress has dropped her tray twice and the cook has done three wrong orders INCLUDING my hamburger, which I ordered medium rare, but is in fact well done. It's like the whole town is half asleep.

Sam Carter: I'm an Air Force officer just like you are, Colonel. And just because my reproductive organs are on the inside instead of the outside doesn't mean I can't handle whatever you can handle.
Jack O'Neill: Oh, this has nothing to do with you being a woman. I like women. I've just got a little problem with scientists.
Sam Carter: Well, Colonel, I logged over 100 hours over enemy airspace during the Gulf War. Is that tough enough for you... or are we going to have to arm wrestle?

General George S. Hammond: It costs nearly a billion dollars just to turn the lights on around here.
Jack O'Neill: How about a bake sale? Yard sale? Garage...
General George S. Hammond: This is what I look like when I'm not laughing, Colonel.
Jack O'Neill: Car wash?

Daniel: This is the Hall of Might?
Gairwyn: You were expecting something different?
Daniel: Well, uh-huh. Maybe a hall.

Daniel: I think they're a family.
Jack O'Neill: Of what?

Daniel: Jack?
Jack O'Neill: He's a barber.
Daniel: Walk into your house?
Jack O'Neill: Yeah...
Daniel: Second week in a row.
Jack O'Neill: Mmmh-hmm.
Daniel: Alarm.
Jack O'Neill: I'm thinking "dog".
Joe Spencer: You could try locking your front door.

Dr. Svetlana Markov: If you're insinuating that every Russian-made is of poor quality, the sub is Swiss.
Daniel: So it occasionally catches fire but keeps perfect time?... I'm sorry, I must be hanging around Jack O'Neill too much.

Daniel: Wow, this place is incredible. It's like we just stepped into the citadel at Mycenae.
Jack O'Neill: I thought you said it was Greek.
Daniel: Oh, Mycenae was an ancient city in the Southern Peloponnesian region.
Jack O'Neill: Where's that?
Daniel: Greece.
Jack O'Neill: Why do I do that?

Teal'c: Appearances may be deceiving.
Jack O'Neill: One man's ceiling is another man's floor.
Daniel: A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell.
Jack O'Neill: Never run with... scissors?

Captain Kyle Rogers: You are all casualties until 1400 hours.
Jack O'Neill: Would that be Daylight Savings or Standard?

Jack O'Neill: So what's your impression of Alar?
Teal'c: That he is concealing something.
Jack O'Neill: Like what?
Teal'c: I am unsure - he is concealing it.

Daniel: That's interesting. I wonder if everyone's coming from some religious event.
Jack O'Neill: Why does it always have to be a religious thing with you? Maybe they're coming from a swap meet.

[Carter and O'Neill lie close to one another for warmth]
Sam Carter: Sir?
Jack O'Neill: It's my sidearm, I swear.

Jack O'Neill: It's true Michael. We came to Earth to hide among your people a long, long time ago.
Daniel: From a galaxy far, far away.

Daniel: So what's the plan?
Jack O'Neill: Find the stargate.
Daniel: Find the stargate? That's the plan?
Jack O'Neill: Elegant in its simplicity, don't you think?

Sam Carter: They built their own stargate?
Daniel: Waaay smarter than us.
Jack O'Neill: Ours is bigger.

Teal'c: [in Jack's body] The mission did not go as planned.
Jack O'Neill: [sarcastically, in Teal'c's body] Ya think?

Jack O'Neill: [after a group of trainees fail a battle simulation] Okay! We're all dead, and there's an armed Goa'uld running around the base! I have a problem with that! Does anyone else have a problem with that?

Daniel: You could fit every pyramid on Earth inside this thing and still have room to spare.
Jack O'Neill: Can you imagine heating this place?

Osiris: Where is my brother Setesh?
Daniel: You mean Seth? He's dead, we killed him.
Osiris: You lie.
Daniel: No, no... we also killed Ra, and Hathor, and who else... Sokar.

[Teal'c has started hallucinating about his wife]
Teal'c: Do not test my temper, woman.
Daniel Jackson: Woman? Did he just call me a woman?
Jack O'Neill: Yes, I believe he did.

Jack O'Neill: Excuse me, I distinctly remember someone saying "We're not gonna make it!" I think we made it.
Jacob Carter: I'm sorry, I overreacted. At the time, it looked very much like we weren't going to make it.
Jack O'Neill: Yeah, well, maybe next time, you'll just wait and see.
Jacob Carter: And blow the last chance I might ever have to be right?

Cameron Mitchell: Ladies first.
Vala Malduran: [turns to Daniel] Well, then, after you.

Waitress: What can I get you?
Jack O'Neill: Three of the biggest stakes you've got.
Capt.: Me too. And French fries with mine.
Capt.: Oh, and a diet soda.

Daniel: You know, I've never been on a stakeout before. Shouldn't we have, like... donuts or something?

General George S. Hammond: You ever think of writing a book about your exploits in the line of duty?
Jack O'Neill: I've thought about it. But then I'd have to shoot anyone that actually read it.

Sam Carter: [in episode# 113, "Hathor"]
[after clubbing General Hammond on the back of the head and knocking him unconsious]
Sam Carter: Yeah, my career is over.
Dr. Janet Fraiser: Don't worry about it. I can fix him up as good as new when this thing is over.
Sam Carter: Great. So he can bring me up on charges.

Daniel: Wait a minute, you're actually saying that you need someone... dumber than you are?
Jack O'Neill: You may have come to the right place.

Daniel: Their whole world is in flames - and we're offering them gasoline. How does that help?
Teal'c: We are in fact offering water.
Jack O'Neill: Thank you.
Daniel: I was speaking metaphorically.
Jack O'Neill: Well stop it. It's not fair to Teal'c.

Jack O'Neill: Weren't we just somewhere else?
Daniel: Where?
Jack O'Neill: Some planet.
Daniel: When?
Jack O'Neill: Just now.
Daniel: No.
Jack O'Neill: Sure?
Daniel: Yeah.

Jack O'Neill: I distinctly remember sitting here, listening to Carter prattle on about solar activity and a... corona... something.
Sam Carter: Coronal mass emissions - I was just about to bring it up.
Jack O'Neill: There you go, how would I know that?
Sam Carter: Maybe you read my report.
Daniel: Maybe he *read* your report?

Sam Carter: Ok, it's flashing green. Is that good?
Daniel: No
Sam Carter: Bad?
Daniel: Bad
Sam Carter: How bad?
Daniel: Very bad.
Sam Carter: DAD!

Daniel: I just hope we don't regret giving them those gate addresses.
Jack O'Neill: I don't think we will... the first one being a black hole, and all. They get progressively darker after that.

Colonel Harry Maybourne: Gonna turn me in?
Jack O'Neill: Actually, that overwhelming desire to shoot you has come back.

Jack O'Neill: The hell with culture. A member of my team has been neutralized. That's a hostile act.
Daniel: How is it that you always come up with the worst case scenario?
Jack O'Neill: I practice.

Daniel: This was transferred from film of experiments done on the Gate in 1945. You don't find that the least bit intriguing?
Jack O'Neill: Oh yeah. Nothing piques my interest more than repeated failure.

Jack O'Neill: Actually, it's called the Accretion Disk.
Daniel: Well, I guess it's easy to understand why the local population would be afraid of something like that... *what* did you just say?
Jack O'Neill: It's just an astronomical term.
Sam Carter: You didn't think the Colonel had a telescope on his roof just to look at the neighbors, did you?
Jack O'Neill: Not initially.

Teal'c: The destruction of the hammer device to save my life may have caused this. If so, I am responsible.
Jack O'Neill: General, I gave the order.
Daniel: And I fired the staff at the machine.
Sam Carter: And I was... there.

Senator Kinsey: If they're so strong, why did you switch sides in the first place?
Teal'c: Because, what is right cannot be measured in strength.

Saroosh/Selmak: Selmak is a wondeful Tok'ra. She is selfless and caring; she is good company; she has a wonderful sense of humor.
Sam Carter: Well, that's good Dad. You can sit around for hours cracking yourself up.

Jack O'Neill: [testing Daniel to see if he's an imposter] All right. Describe for me the dress your sister wore last week when I took her out.
Daniel: I don't have a sister, Jack, and if I did I wouldn't let you near her.

Jack O'Neill: What do you want?
Apophis: To live.
Jack O'Neill: I can't help you there. That's between you and your god. Oh, wait a minute. You are your god. That's a problem.

Daniel: Well maybe you can try coming up with something better than inappropriate sarcasm.
Jack O'Neill: You want sarcasm? Nice to meet you.

Daniel: Is ther someone you trust more than anyone else in the world? Don't worry, I won't be offended if you don't pick me.could it be Teal'c?
Jack O'Neill: Sure.
Daniel: Ah, Teal'c, refresh my memory. What was your previous occupation?
Teal'c: I was First Prime of Apophis.
Daniel: Right. Did a few nasty things back then?

Sam Carter: Maybourne, you are an idiot everyday of the week, couldn't you have taken just this one day off?

Jack O'Neill: What now?
Teal'c: I have read of a place where humans do battle in a ring of JELL-O.
Jack O'Neill: Call Daniel.

General George S. Hammond: As long as I am in command of the SGC, we will hold ourselves to the highest ethical standard.
Jack O'Neill: And when the Goa'uld wipe us out because we have nothing with which to defend ourselves, I'm sure we'll all feel great about ourselves and our high moral standard.

Jack O'Neill: ...I do appreciate that you were the one to come and see if I was okay. That... that means something.
Daniel: Ah... actually, no, it doesn't.
Jack O'Neill: No?
Daniel: Um... we, ah, we drew straws. I lost.

Jonas: You instructed every replicator out there to come to you?
Jack O'Neill: I have a theory why you lost the war...

(All from different episodes of Stargate: SG-1)
This user is Mod
Last edit: Jan 29, 2006 3:23:04 GMT -6

Post by Gia on Jan 29, 2006 3:20:35 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
Jack O'Neill: They didn't go for it.
Sam Carter: They didn't approve the mission?
Jack O'Neill: Well no, they did THAT. Once they knew the stakes and the whole fate of the universe stuff, both the President and Hammond realized we had no choice. They wish us luck, God speed and all those things he says when he thinks we're gonna die.
Sam Carter: So what didn't they go for?
Jack O'Neill: The name I suggested.
Sam Carter: For the ship?
Jack O'Neill: Yeah.
Sam Carter: Yeah. Sir... we can't call it the "Enterprise"
Jack O'Neill: Why not?

Rodney McKay: I wish I didn't find you so attractive. I've always had a real weakness for dumb blondes.
Sam Carter: Go suck a lemon.
Rodney McKay: Very sexy. Very, very sexy.

Jack O'Neill: The Goa'uld are coming, Senator!
Senator Kinsey: Then I think they'll be sorry that they took on the US Army!
Daniel: [sarcastically] Right. We'll just upload a virus into their mothership.

Sam Carter: [Sam talks technobabble and Daniel Yawns] At least pretend that it's interesting.
Daniel Jackson: No, it was very interesting. Please, go on.
Sam Carter: Are you tired?
Daniel Jackson: Ya think?

[trying to find out where a Stargate malfunction sent O'Neill and Carter]
Daniel: [to Teal'c] What happens when you dial your own phone number?
[Daniel quickly realizes Teal'c has no idea]
Daniel: Wrong person to ask.
[to Hammond]
Daniel: What happens when you dial your own phone number?
General George S. Hammond: You get a busy signal.
Daniel Jackson and Teal'c: General, permission to...
General George S. Hammond: Granted.

Jack O'Neill: I'm telling you, Teal'c. If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna' lose it.
[Teal'c does not understand and just stares at O'Neill]
Jack O'Neill: "Lose it. " It means, "Go crazy. " "Nuts. " "Insane. " "Bonzo. " "No longer in possession of one's faculties. " "Three fries short of a Happy Meal. " "Wacko. "

Jack O'Neill: I think that Sam means, "What do we do now? "
Bra'tac: Now we die.
Jack O'Neill: Well that's a bad plan.
Daniel Jackson: We have to go in disguise; pretend to be foreigners.
Jack O'Neill: How do we do that?
Daniel Jackson: Well, I speak 23 languages, Jack. Pick one.

[discussing Daniel's dreams]
Teal'c: Most often, dreams are merely the mind's way of dealing with desires that cannot be fufilled.
Daniel Jackson: Ah. So basically, I'm never gonna get a good night's sleep again.
Teal'c: With all your past experiences, Daniel Jackson, I do not know how you have slept well before now.
Daniel Jackson: Thank you, Teal'c. This conversation has been disturbing... on many levels...

[in an alternate universe, Carter is about to be killed by a horde of Jaffa]
Samantha Carter: I also wish to blow us all to Hell.
[she detonates a hand grenade]

Jack O'Neill: I have great confidence in you Carter. Go back to the SGC and... confuse Hammond.

Jack O'Neill: My name's Jack; it means... what's in the box.

[Teal'c gives a girl a new, better water gun. She promptly squirts him]
Daniel: Guess we shouldn't have loaded it, huh?
Teal'c: How else would she have defended herself?
[Teal'c produces his own water gun and squirts Daniel]
Daniel: [shakes water off his shirt] Yes, how else?

Bra'tac: Observe, and learn...
Jack O'Neill: [when Bra'tac has finished knocking a few Jaffas] Not bad...

Daniel Jackson: On the bright side, out of all the Goa'uld, Lord Yu has been the most cooperative with us in the past.
Dr. Elizabeth Weir: I thought you said that none of them could be trusted?
Daniel Jackson: Oh, they can't. Especially not a crazy one.
Dr. Elizabeth Weir: And that's a bright side?
Daniel Jackson: More of a slightly less dark side.

Daniel Jackson: [Daniel has been cleared to attend a briefing after having lost his memory] Besides, who am I going to tell? I don't remember anybody, right?
Jack O'Neill: Good one.
Daniel Jackson: Thanks, Jim.

Jack O'Neill: All I'm saying, just for the record, is this is the wackiest plan we've ever come up with.
Sam Carter: Wackier than, than strapping an active Stargate to the bottom of the X-302?
Jack O'Neill: Oh yeah.
Sam Carter: Wackier than blowing up a sun?
Jack O'Neill: Yep.
Sam Carter: He's probably right.

Jack O'Neill: If we want to find out who's behind this, we have to do what the Asgard do.
Daniel: You mean bluff?
Jack O'Neill: Yep. We just need to do it without revealing what we know.
Daniel: Which is nothing.
Jack O'Neill: Right. But they don't know we know nothing.

Daniel Jackson: Look. Ah, I don't pretend to know anything about astrophysics, but couldn't the planets change? I mean, ah, drift apart or something to throw this map off?
Samantha Carter: I knew I'd like you.
Daniel Jackson: You mean I'm right?

Jack O'Neill: Daniel, for crying out loud, you've had one beer. Cheaper date than my wife was.
Daniel Jackson: Yes. When am I going to meet your wife?
Jack O'Neill: Oh. Probably, ah, uh, never. After I came back from Abydos the first time, she'd already left.
Daniel Jackson: I'm sorry.
Jack O'Neill: Yes. So was I. I think in her heart she forgave me for what happened to our kid. She just... couldn't forget.
Daniel Jackson: And what about you?
Jack O'Neill: I'm the opposite. I'll never forgive myself. But sometimes I can forget... Sometimes.

Jack O'Neill: We brought pizza and a movie.
Teal'c: Star Wars.
Jack O'Neill: He's seen it, what? Eight times?
Teal'c: Nine.
Jack O'Neill: Nine times. If Teal'c likes it, it's gotta be okay.
Sam Carter: You've never seen Star Wars?
Jack O'Neill: Well, you know me and sci-fi...

Jack O'Neill: So... what do you want to do now?
Teal'c: I have read that there is a place where warriors do battle in Jell-O.
Jack O'Neill: Call Daniel.

Sam Carter: We kicked their asses, sir.
Jack O'Neill: They had asses?

Sam Carter: [Sam talks technobabble and Daniel Yawns] At least pretend that it's interesting.
Daniel Jackson: No, it was very interesting. Please, go on.
Sam Carter: Are you tired?
Daniel Jackson: Ya think?

Jack O'Neill: You know, I can navigate my way across a galaxy, but I still get lost every time I come to Washington.
Sam Carter: Don't worry, sir. These are my old stomping grounds.
Jack O'Neill: Sorry to hear that.

[trying to find out where a Stargate malfunction sent O'Neill and Carter]
Daniel: [to Teal'c] What happens when you dial your own phone number?
[Daniel quickly realizes Teal'c has no idea]
Daniel: Wrong person to ask.
[to Hammond]
Daniel: What happens when you dial your own phone number?
General George S. Hammond: You get a busy signal.
Daniel Jackson and Teal'c: General, permission to...
General George S. Hammond: Granted.

Jack O'Neill: You know, we really should come up with a new strategy. One that does not include us dying.

[Trapped on a Goa'uld world, trying to reboot the Gate system to escape]
Jay Felger: This is pretty cool, isn't it? You and I working together? We're sort of like the intellectual Butch and Sundance of the SGC.
Sam Carter: Butch and Sundance got cornered and killed by the Bolivian army.

Jack O'Neill: I'm telling you, Teal'c. If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna' lose it.
[Teal'c does not understand and just stares at O'Neill]
Jack O'Neill: "Lose it. " It means, "Go crazy. " "Nuts. " "Insane. " "Bonzo. " "No longer in possession of one's faculties. " "Three fries short of a Happy Meal. " "Wacko. "

Jack O'Neill: So show me your stuff. Bust me out of here.
Daniel Jackson: I can't...
Jack O'Neill: Why not?
Daniel Jackson: I'm not allowed to interfere.
Jack O'Neill: You're interfering right now.
Daniel Jackson: No, I'm not.
Jack O'Neill: Yes, you are.
Daniel Jackson: No, I'm not. I am consoling a friend.

Jack O'Neill: I think that Sam means, "What do we do now? "
Bra'tac: Now we die.
Jack O'Neill: Well that's a bad plan.

Bra'tac: Perhaps if the warships of your world will attack we will be able...
Sam Carter: Excuse me; did you say, 'the warships of our world'?
Bra'tac: Surely you have such vessels?
Daniel Jackson: Well, we have a number of... shuttles.
Bra'tac: These 'shuttles. ' They are a formidable craft?
Jack O'Neill: Uh... yeah...

Daniel Jackson: We have to go in disguise; pretend to be foreigners.
Jack O'Neill: How do we do that?
Daniel Jackson: Well, I speak 23 languages, Jack. Pick one.

Jack O'Neill: I've got some bad news for you. Hathor's dead.
Major General Trofsky: She is not. Hathor cannot die.
Jack O'Neill: Yep. She is. Killed her myself.
Major General Trofsky: Hathor is a goddess.
Jack O'Neill: All right, ex-goddess.

Jay Felger: Something hinky's definitely going on here, and it's up to you and me to find out what it is.
Simon Coombs: 'Hinky? '
Jay Felger: Yeah, it's a word.
Simon Coombs: In what dictionary?

Simon Coombs: Oh, please, huh? They're just tired of your butt-snorkling.

[in an alternate universe, Carter is about to be killed by a horde of Jaffa]
Samantha Carter: I also wish to blow us all to Hell.
[she detonates a hand grenade]

Jack O'Neill: I have great confidence in you Carter. Go back to the SGC and... confuse Hammond.

[SG-1 is at Jack's house, and Daniel is a bit drunk]
Daniel: Go ahead, Teal'c, tell them how deep you are! You'll be lucky if you even understand this!
Teal'c: [lifts one eyebrow] My depth is immaterial to this conversation.
Daniel: Oooh! So deep!
Jack O'Neill: No more beer for you.

[Jacob/Selmak, Daniel, and Sam are on a Tok'ra scout ship, being questioned by a Goul'd mothership]
Jacob Carter/Selmak: All right, we're almost finished. Sam's just finishing up.
Daniel: Uh, that's good, 'cuz I don't think they bought my act.
Jacob Carter/Selmak: Why? Who'd you say you were?
Daniel: The, uh, Great and Powerful Oz.
Jacob Carter/Selmak: SAM!

Nick Ballard: Now we must wait for the giant aliens.
Jack O'Neill: That just has a nice ring to it.

Daniel Jackson: On the bright side, out of all the Goa'uld, Lord Yu has been the most cooperative with us in the past.
Dr. Elizabeth Weir: I thought you said that none of them could be trusted?
Daniel Jackson: Oh, they can't. Especially not a crazy one.
Dr. Elizabeth Weir: And that's a bright side?
Daniel Jackson: More of a slightly less dark side.

Daniel Jackson: Look, all I know is that the place you're searching right now is not it.
Jack O'Neill: Then, where is *it*?
Daniel Jackson: Did I just say, "all I know"?
Jack O'Neill: Everyone turn away. I want no witnesses.

Jonas: We're peaceful explorers, okay? We didn't come here to harm anybody.
Jack O'Neill: Unless otherwise provoked.

[Daniel walks into the holding room]
Young Jack O'Neill: Daniel, will you tell them who I am? Please?
Daniel: OK, love to. Who are you?

[Carter has explained that the boy is somehow Colonel O'Neill]
Daniel: What's going on?
Young Jack O'Neill: Daniel!
Daniel: Sounds like him. At least the loud, grating part!

Teal'c: Do you not experience increased health and vitality?
Young Jack O'Neill: My *vitality* was just fine, thank you!

Jack O'Neill: ...and after that, I kind of lost my temper.
General George S. Hammond: What does that mean?
Dr. Daniel Jackson, Ph.D.: Let's just say that Jack made a reference to Freyr's mother.

Colonel Sean Grieves: I'll say it again, I don't like the idea of going into this unarmed.
Jack O'Neill: And... I don't care.
Lieutenant Kershaw: I feel a lot better knowing there's an archaeologist watching our backs.
Daniel Jackson: [holds up a knife] Yeah, which end do the bullets go in again?
Colonel Sean Grieves: I'd be happy to show you.

[upon seeing a Daniel Jackson devolved by a disease flirting with a girl with the same disease]
Jack O'Neill: Daniel, you dog. You keep this up and you'll have a girl on every planet.

Jack O'Neill: [O'Neill hands Daniel night-vision goggles] Here, put these on.
Daniel Jackson: They don't look like my prescription.

Daniel Jackson: Wait a minute. I thought the reason why we brought the ship was so that we didn't have to walk.
Samantha Carter: You can't just fly into an alien city. The mission is stealth recon. Meaning undetected.
Jack O'Neill: Meaning *shut up*!

Prior: It makes no difference what you do to me. But know this, the Ori are all-seeing.
[long pause]
Prior: They are already aware of this affront to their eminence, and shall strike down those who dare to defy them.
Cameron Mitchell: Nothing yet. You?
Dr. Daniel Jackson, Ph.D.: Drawing a blank. A little thirsty.
Cameron Mitchell: That doesn't count
Dr. Daniel Jackson, Ph.D.: No, it doesn't.

Prior: We are beacons on the road to enlightenment.
Cameron Mitchell: No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.
Dr. Daniel Jackson, Ph.D.: Nice work on the metaphor.
Cameron Mitchell: Thank you.

(All from different episodes of Stargate: SG-1)
This user is Mod
Last edit: Jan 29, 2006 3:24:55 GMT -6

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Jan 30, 2006 8:10:45 GMT -6

Fresh Prince of Bel-Air[/u]
Carlton: (refering to Uncle Phil's baldness) "A receding hairline looks dignified."
Will: "That's more like a hair culdesac."
Uncle Phil: *glares*
Will: (to Carlton) "And it's hereditary."
Carlton: "AAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!" *runs screaming out of the room*[/color]
This user is Mod

Post by Gia on Feb 15, 2006 19:06:55 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
"Vicki, Norman, MA - What would it take for Plushenko to squander the 10-point lead he will carry into the long program tomorrow night?"

Dick Button - "It would take a lot."

"Really, the only way this guy can lose the competition is if he misses the bus." David Pelletier about Russia's Yevgeny Plushenko.

Scott Hamilton - "The battle is for silver and bronze."

(All from Olympic Ice, today)
This user is Mod

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Feb 16, 2006 13:29:37 GMT -6

These are from a Chris Rock performance I saw on TV. I'll edit out the curse words and stuff.....

I hope no one is offended. If you are, PM me and I will remove this post.

"America is f---ed up, f---ed up! We can find Sadaam Hussien in a f---ing hole in f---ing IRAQ, but we can't find out who the hell shot Tupac! Sadaam Hussien was in f---ing IRAQ! Tupac was shot in VEGAS! And not in some dark alley--he was shot on the f---ing STRIP!"
This user is Mod
zanisha
Mar 31, 2006 20:58:41 GMT -6

Post by zanisha on Mar 31, 2006 20:58:41 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Katara that's my fav Fresh Prince of Balair Line EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This user is a guest
hurricanhazel
Mar 31, 2006 22:12:31 GMT -6

Post by hurricanhazel on Mar 31, 2006 22:12:31 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
(Form Blue Crush)
If you want to feel the rush you have to take the risk.

Face Your Fears, Live Your Dreams

You have to understand. They're the most dangerous waves on the planet. Out here, you don't just get crushed...you die.

Three Friends, One Passion, No Limits.

Take The Risk. Feel The Rush.

( Form Sky High)
Brains, Brawn And Beyond.

Saving The World... One Homework Assignment At A Time.

( Form Supervolcano )
A true story of global disaster... it just hasn't happened yet

This is a true story. It just hasn't happened yet...

Scientists know it as the deadliest volcano on Earth. You know it...as Yellowstone.

Beneath the beauty of Yellowstone Park, in the heart of America, a super eruption is stirring.

Based on the predictions of leading scientists, this is the story of what could happen when Yellowstone erupts.
This user is a guest
Last edit by hurricanhazel: Mar 31, 2006 22:14:38 GMT -6

Post by Gia on Apr 6, 2006 22:02:22 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
Zanisha - There is a seperate thread for movie quotes. Please delete your post.

"How many are there?" - Wolfwood
"Around 200." - Vash
"100 for each of us. Well, that's not really fair to them." - Wolfwood

("Goodbye for Now", Trigun)
This user is Mod
zanisha
Apr 7, 2006 5:24:21 GMT -6

Post by zanisha on Apr 7, 2006 5:24:21 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
oops sory
This user is a guest
moonstone
Apr 7, 2006 10:49:16 GMT -6

Post by moonstone on Apr 7, 2006 10:49:16 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
aang-has the definition of genius changed in the last 100 years.

katara to appa- aww you must be tired.
sokka- nope were good and ready to go.
katara-i was talking to appa.
sokka- yer well i was talking to momo.
This user is a guest
Last edit by hurricanhazel: Apr 7, 2006 10:51:23 GMT -6