The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

Embaressing or Awkward Moments

Post by Gia on Feb 27, 2010 16:45:38 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
If you have any embarrassing or awkward moment that you don't mind sharing with your fellow members, then this is the place to come.

I'll start. I was at a McDonalds in Wal-Mart with Kanea and another friend of ours, who was waiting in the car for us. They had this board with four Velcro strips representing four meal parts - main course, desert, side, and drink. They had a cardboard thing with Velcro on the back that looked like various things they sold.

Well, knowing me, I just had to rearrange them to put everything on it's proper line, because it never is. *sighs* Me and my OCD-ness, and no, I'm not kidding, I really am mildly OCD. Anyway, this kid came up behind me and rearranged them. Me and my OCD-ness, I had to go and put it back.

The girl that had taken our order looked me as if I was crazy. Kanea shook her head at me, and to them, I said, "What? I'm sorry! I'm OCD!" Needless to say, the kid came up behind me again, taking two of the cardboard things back to the tab that his dad was sitting at it. It took all the willpower I had not to go and put everything back the way I thought I should. Even as we were walking back out the car, I wanted to go back in and rearrange them, but I was not about to get into an argument with some six year old over it. Of course, the friend in the car laughed at me when we told her about it. -_-

Very embarrassing for me, personally.
This user is Mod
Last edit: Apr 4, 2010 21:16:24 GMT -6
Anonymous
Mar 1, 2010 23:25:27 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Mar 1, 2010 23:25:27 GMT -6

Ahahaha. Ah, OCD. I am that person who rearranges entire table settings and cannot take it when people move stuff.

Embarrassing moment? Okay. I had a patient at work who was a bilateral lower extremity amputee — she didn't have any legs, okay? I had just gotten there and no one had given me report yet, but she wanted her dinner, so I figured I'd just kip in, give it to her, and then go get report.

So I go in there with the tray and I get the beside table, open it up, set up the dinner, all that. I roll it over to her bed to put it across — and I say, "watch your legs!" because I'm putting it across her lap.

Yeeeeeeaaaaaahhhh. At that precise moment I realized and I was MORTIFIED. I don't embarrass easily, but sweet mother. That was embarrassing.
This user is a former member
yulan
Mar 3, 2010 2:21:45 GMT -6

Post by yulan on Mar 3, 2010 2:21:45 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
This story is from about a year ago when my brother, his girlfriend, his girlfriend's brother, and I went to a Taiwanese deli-style cafe for dinner. Some context first: my brother and I are second-generation Chinese American. His girlfriend and her brother are third-generation half Chinese and half Japanese American. My brother and I go to this particular cafe a lot with our folks, but this was the first time we went without them.

Anyway, about halfway through dinner, my brother and I discover that his girlfriend and her brother have never tried oyster omelette — very yummy — so we decide to order one. Just one little problem: we can't remember what it's called in Chinese. The menu doesn't help, since we can't find "oyster omelette" on there and we can't read the Chinese. After some arguing, we order what we think it's called, and our waiter comes back a few minutes later with... oyster vermicelli. Close, but no cigar. After some more arguing and an awkward game of food charades with our waiter, we try again... and find out we apparently asked for fried oyster spring rolls.

We would've tried a third time, but our waiter overheard us deliberating and looked really exasperated by that point, no doubt tired of dealing with a bunch of culturally-deficient youths, so we (probably wisely) chose to lick our wounds and retreat. The whole experience was humiliating and utterly fail-tastic. We agreed never to speak of it to our parents for fear that they'll die of shame.
This user is a guest
Last edit by yulan: Mar 3, 2010 2:31:50 GMT -6
kaitokatashi
Mar 3, 2010 10:26:44 GMT -6

Post by kaitokatashi on Mar 3, 2010 10:26:44 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
I set my hand on fire once.

Unfortunately, I won't go into detail in this thread, but you can either PM or IM me to find out exactly what happened. ;)
This user is a guest