The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

Vancouver Winter Olympics 2010

Post by Gia on Jan 28, 2010 15:50:43 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
So, with the Olympics coming up very soon, I was wondering... is anyong going to watch it? If so, which event(s)?

I myself always watch the Olympics. I'll probably catch most it, what I can. I'm a big fan of Figure Skating, so that's usually what I catch. :)
This user is Mod
Anonymous
Feb 25, 2010 12:04:45 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Feb 25, 2010 12:04:45 GMT -6

We are watching, because Mister is way obsessed with winter sports. Why? Do not know. I know nothing about it except that there was this Russian couple who did a completely offensive racist figure skating routine recently including wearing brown figure skating suits, 'cause, like, I guess that doesn't count as blackface? fail.
This user is a former member

Post by Gia on Feb 26, 2010 16:08:09 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
The Russian's costumes were offensive in the Original Dance because they did not accurately reflect the culture they were supposed to be representing. In the Free Dance, they were using their straps to help them in their spins, which a lot of people feel was cheating.
This user is Mod
Anonymous
Feb 26, 2010 16:54:14 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Feb 26, 2010 16:54:14 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
In the Free Dance, they were using their straps to help them in their spins, which a lot of people feel was cheating.

I saw that; I thought it was cheating, too. But I guess there wasn't anything in the current rules about doing such a thing, so it was allowed?

I'm sure there will be rules about that in the next Winter Olympics.
This user is a former member

Post by Gia on Feb 26, 2010 23:21:14 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
Yeah, there was no rule that said that you couldn't do that, so it wasn't against the rules. I do agree, though that it'll be quickly made a rule.

I also wonder what the ISU is going to do about all the controversy about the Quad. I mean, prior to know, there's been talk, but now there's a lot of the so-called "experts" agreeing with Plushenko (Silver)and his coach, Mishin, that more weight should be given to the quad because a lot of the skaters are refusing to do it, and it's making the sport regress. Yes, Lyacek (Gold)should have won, but it's definetely something to think about. However, Lysacek's not going to Worlds, and Plushenko is, so he'll get his 4th world title.

Kim Yu-Na, though, wow was she fabulous, and she IS going to be at Worlds, so that'll be an interesting event. I wonder if Virtue & Moir (Gold in Dance) are going to go, too. They were wonderful so were Davis & White (Silver).
This user is Mod