The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

Shutting down.

Anonymous
Jan 31, 2011 19:47:10 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jan 31, 2011 19:47:10 GMT -6

I know everyone here who is still active is disappointed by the shutting down of tarp. And after reading the arguments made I have to step back and bow to Toph, she has a point. Look at this site. From a whole picture. There are SOO many people signed up on here with profiles. But who's here? A few newbies who haven't been here long enough to understand why its going down. And a few veterans who can see why it's going down and are sad that it is.

I don't even know if anyone will bother to read this but I hope someone does. Because I have a proposition. And to the few of you left that don't want it to die, you have gusto to want to keep this whole site up. Why not work together. Start fresh. It wont be the same. No 5 star designed site, just a simple forum, and the refuges of T:ARP. Sitting back and having fun, maybe try to find some players and if we can find the right people beyond just us. That could be motivation enough to jumpstart T:ARP and get it to open back up.

So what do YOU think. Do you have the motiation and gusto to actually DO something rather than just complain about this going down. RP forums are a dime a dozen and so few of them are actually active. It's a niche group activity that is growing smaller and smaller. If you want it to continue now is the time that you have to step up to do it. I won't do it by myself. But with the help of others it would be fun to do it.
This user is a former member
hanabi
Jan 31, 2011 21:43:36 GMT -6

Post by hanabi on Jan 31, 2011 21:43:36 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Me, I'm probably gonna keep RPing in PMs with Suigetsu till one day I stop logging in anymore. I'm taking martial arts and am at that stage were I don't have time or desire to establish myself on a new site.

There's nothing I can do to inspire activity in less then a month, less then a week, less then a day. To inspire activity we'd need to get more sign ups, call on people who don't log in anymore with their E-Mail addresses that are hidden away from normal members. Basically put, we'd have to go on advertising advents.

Gen asks what I think, but I've already stated that elsewhere. As she said, disappointed. But I understand not wanting to staff a site for six to ten members.

Gen, if you want to start a follow up RP site continuing off this site I will carry myself over and continue, but I don't want to start everything over from scratch again.
This user is a guest
Anonymous
Jan 31, 2011 22:03:51 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jan 31, 2011 22:03:51 GMT -6

I'm always up for an RP of any sort.
as far as stepping up and doing something, unless I wanted to hack the website and take it over, the only thing I can really do is offer my own services, namely, my own activity. I coule Mass PM and email everyone here for some sort of large cultist-style gathering, but it really wouldn't do much good, especially since even most of the time when an Admin gives out that call to duty, few answer. It would be much less effective coming out of the mouth of an everyday member.

either way, I am more than glad to support a follow-up site of some sorts as long as there's some RPing for me to do.

so count me in, give me details. I am ready.
~Tenoko~
This user is a former member