The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

Deathly Hallows [SPOILERS]

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Nov 19, 2010 2:28:48 GMT -6

A Long Display Name Here Avatar
When discussing movie specifics, please put everything between [spoiler][/spoiler] tags!

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part one came out today [Nov.19] in the US. I was fortunate enough to live in a VERY small town and was able to get midnight showing tickets the day of the American release.

The turn out was mildly disappointing, but the movie crowd was very enthusiastic and properly reactive. Not as amazing as other HP events I've attended (in terms of turn out, dressed up folks, etc), but the movie more than made up for it, which I will get to.

The movie itself was about three hours long; it started at 12:05 AM, and I just now go home. Allowing for about a fifteen minute walk, it was about two hours and forty-five minutes. A remarkable improvement, especially over GoF runtime, eh?

Now, as for the actual movie:

I was pretty pleased. The only thing I can see that'll bite them in the butt is the fact that they didn't show the interaction between Phineas Black's portrait; I think that'll play a crucial 'explanatory' role in part 2, or at least, it should have. I wasn't thrilled that they did this weird dance thing with Harry and Hermione after Ron bailed.. could've used that time for some portrait interaction, imo.

I wasn't too disappointed over Bill and Fleur's short-cutted wedding scene, and the absence of Krum. I don't think it was all too important, and they managed to make up for the small bit of information lost (introducing Grindewald) with no problem. They had just enough to have Harry learn about Rita's book, etc, without the whole drawn-out ceremony.

A minor annoyance, as well, is that they didn't introduce Fenrir Greyback (or, at least, who I think was Fenrir. See the problem?) all too well.

Oh, and I cried at Dobby's death scene. Cried, tears unchecked. Dobby's death was the only one I cried over in the books, and so far, the only death I've cried over in the movies.

Overall, I think they're doing a good job explaining things, and including things that were previously left out (IE: Bill Weasley in the beginning and explaining quickly that he got mauled by a werewolf [which ought to have happened in HBP]).

I am VERY excited for part two. VERY. Your thoughts on DH thusfar?
AGAIN: Please put spoilers between the spoiler tags!
This user is Mod

Post by Gia on Nov 19, 2010 22:23:43 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
There were hundreds of people at my theater, no exaggeration. They had at least four theaters, if not more. There were plenty of people dressed up, the excitement as always was high - lots of yelling, screaming, laughing, and crying. That's one of thing I love about midnight releases. You can be loud and no one cares - ie, we all scream when the movie comes on. I was dressed up in my Slytherin robes, along with Kanea.

I had completely forgotten about the portrait, but I have a feeling they found a way to explain it differently. Not the same, but eh... I didn't care about the shortened wedding, either, I'm just glad that they did include that Bill got mauled and who mauled him. Again, they should have properly introduced Fenrir Greyback, but eh... I didn't like Harry and Hermione's dance scene, either, though I do like how it showed that even though he cheered her up for a little bit, it didn't work for long. She needs Ron. Like I told you over IM, I missed Harry's comment after Ron destroyed the Horcrux that Hermione's like a sister to him. Ron knows, but I would have liked to have Harry say it. I also could have done without the Harry/Ginny kiss at the beginning, though I loved George coming in. Then again, I hate Ginny.

I can't wait for part two, and we're thinking since we're going to London that we might go and see the premiere in London.
This user is Mod
Last edit: Nov 19, 2010 22:27:39 GMT -6