The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

What are you listening to?

kuroda
Jul 7, 2010 9:07:53 GMT -6

Post by kuroda on Jul 7, 2010 9:07:53 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
I always enjoy a good WAYLT thread, so let's see if we can start one.

Sooo... What is WAYLT
Basically it stands for "What Are You Listening To?" and all that you do is answer the question.

Feel free to post and to comment on other people's posts.

Now, let's get this started with a fairly appropriate song.
Rock 'n' Roll Ain't Noise Pollution-AC/DC

Some Rules for this Thread, from Kami:
1. Please do not spam. The OOC minimum applies, so try and say something about the song you're listening to.

2. Do not post YT videos using UBBC. We still have members accessing TARP through dial-up, and pages of posted YT videos would lag the load speeds drastically. If you would like to link to your song, however, go right ahead. THAT SAID - any links should lead to videos that have no inappropriate content. Please see below.

3. Keep all songs appropriate for all ages. The occasional curse word is fine, but there should be nothing considered above a PG13 rating - this includes visual content.

4. Do not double post unless at least one hour has passed since your last post.

5. List the song title & the artist. You may post a snippet of lyrics, but no more than a few lines. Just link to the rest of the lyrics. Again though, rules 2 and 3 apply.
This user is a guest
Last edit: Jul 7, 2010 9:31:25 GMT -6
saiki
Jul 7, 2010 11:04:31 GMT -6

Post by saiki on Jul 7, 2010 11:04:31 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Song Title: Steady as She Goes
Band: The Raconteurs

I love this song so much! At my school one of the bands played this at a gig and I immediately fell in love with it =)

"Settle for a girl either up or down, sell it to the crowd that has gathered round...So steady as she goes!" =P
This user is a guest
kuroda
Jul 9, 2010 0:06:31 GMT -6

Post by kuroda on Jul 9, 2010 0:06:31 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
I Know A Little-Lynyrd Skynyrd

One of my favorite songs by one of my favorite bands. It has a different feel from a lot of Skynyrd, but it has a great classic rock tone.

"I know a little 'bout love and baby I'll guess the rest"
This user is a guest

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Jul 9, 2010 0:18:33 GMT -6

A Long Display Name Here Avatar
Never Gonna Give You Up // Rick Astley

Yes, I am intentionally rickrolling myself. I happen to love this song, and am not bothered at all when I'm rickrolled. =P It's insanely catchy, and I love the tune.

C'mon, everyone sing! ♫ We're no strangers to lo~o~ove; you know the rules, and so. do. i~i~i~i...
This user is Mod
kuroda
Jul 9, 2010 21:04:42 GMT -6

Post by kuroda on Jul 9, 2010 21:04:42 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
We Still Kill The Old Way-Lostprophets

Off of their start something album. One of my friends gave this album to me back in the day, and honestly, it was the first band that I ever really cared about.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUgSPIeH-bA&feature=related
This user is a guest

Post by Gia on Jul 10, 2010 11:21:42 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
El Tango de Roxanne by Ewan McGregor, Jacek Komen, and Jose Feliciano from the Moulin Rouge soundtrack.

I love this song so much. I did a tango to it in my dance class my senior year in high school, and I have loved it ever since. It's so addictive, in my opinion. I love the movie, but this is by far my favorite song from the album.
This user is Mod
Last edit: Jul 10, 2010 11:22:06 GMT -6
sengjin
Jul 10, 2010 20:54:52 GMT -6

Post by sengjin on Jul 10, 2010 20:54:52 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Black by Pearl Jam.

Only listening to this song because I saw it on an article of the greatest songs of all time. Not really a big fan of Pearl Jam though...
This user is a guest

Post by Gia on Jul 11, 2010 16:06:25 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
"If I Was Your Vampire" by Marilyn Manson

I'm not a huge fan of Marilyn Manson, but this song is awesome. It's not as "acid rock" like as some of my stuff, because I can actually understand what he's saying. It's cool. I love it.
This user is Mod
saiki
Jul 11, 2010 18:23:07 GMT -6

Post by saiki on Jul 11, 2010 18:23:07 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
"Dancing Shoes" by Arctic Monkeys

This band is one of my absolute favorites. All their music is phenomenal....You can feel their passion almost immediately....plus the accents are to die for =]

"Get on your dancing shoes, you sexy little swine.." sooo good lol
This user is a guest

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Jul 13, 2010 4:32:04 GMT -6

Ave Maria :: Schubert

I'm not exactly sure who sings this particular version, but the Ave Maria is one of my favourite songs, both to listen to, and to sing. Though, I like it best in Latin, rather than in English or German.
This user is Mod
wei
Jul 13, 2010 12:04:37 GMT -6

Post by wei on Jul 13, 2010 12:04:37 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
I Don't Care - Apocalyptica

I dunno but this song is just amazing! I love the chereography in this is really well done just cause you can see the story in the dancing, and if I had complete freedom of how I dressed it would be like Adam Gontier in this video :-D
This user is a guest
Last edit by wei: Jul 13, 2010 15:36:00 GMT -6

Post by Gia on Jul 13, 2010 15:32:26 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
Wei, please try and say something about the song. Thanks.

"For What It's Worth" by Placebo

I was introduced to this band by a friend, and I loved them ever since. This is an awesome song, too.
This user is Mod

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Jul 13, 2010 21:35:29 GMT -6

Seasons of Love :: RENT

I love this song, and love the movie. @_@ Amazing vocalists, not to mention amazing songwriting. <3
This user is Mod
wei
Jul 13, 2010 21:52:24 GMT -6

Post by wei on Jul 13, 2010 21:52:24 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Breathe - Breaking Benjamin

They are easily and quickly becoming my favorite band...

BTW Toph I must agree RENT is awesome, Seasons of Love is very good but I dunno...I think its called Who Knows its a song that happens between Roger and Mimi in the middle of La Vie Bohem when they go outside. Well honestly any song that involve Roger and Mimi are my favorites :-D
This user is a guest

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Jul 13, 2010 21:59:47 GMT -6

I'll Cover You (reprise) :: Jesse L. Martin, with backup vocals

I love, love, love this song...
.. which is sung at Angel's funeral. Jesse L. Martin is one of my favourite actors, and when I discovered not only was he in the movie version of RENT but a part of the original broadway cast-— homg. musicnerdgasm. Angel's death & funeral was simultaneously my favourite, and least favourite moments in in the entirety of RENT. Beautifully, beautifully done.

@wei - tbh i'm not a fan of Mimi and Roger. =x I'm more of an Angel & Collins fan. xD
This user is Mod
Last edit: Jul 13, 2010 22:00:46 GMT -6
wei
Jul 13, 2010 22:27:18 GMT -6

Post by wei on Jul 13, 2010 22:27:18 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Slide - Goo Goo Dolls

@toph Angel and Collins are very well written, and Angel I can't remember his real name, and don't wanna google it is quite a talented individual. I hear that for broadway shows much like his intro at the beginning would sit out front, and play the drums on regular household buckets and items. So much love for Angel :-D
This user is a guest
saiki
Jul 14, 2010 21:39:54 GMT -6

Post by saiki on Jul 14, 2010 21:39:54 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
"Sway" by The Kooks

I'm not sure what it is....I just love English bands! Hahaha ... This band has a song for every type of mood I am in, it's super fantastic! My friend introduced me to them and I've been hooked ever since xD

@toph- ZOMG I love RENT hahaha <3
This user is a guest
wei
Jul 14, 2010 21:49:43 GMT -6

Post by wei on Jul 14, 2010 21:49:43 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Radio Girl - Volbeat

Really awesome Dutch band that mixes the sound of Elvis with Metallica, and IT IS AWESOME!
This user is a guest
erikai
Jul 16, 2010 11:58:08 GMT -6

Post by erikai on Jul 16, 2010 11:58:08 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Carousel By Linkin Park

One of their B-sides from Hybrid Theory, thought I love all their songs, this is one of the best.

This user is a guest
wei
Jul 16, 2010 18:54:36 GMT -6

Post by wei on Jul 16, 2010 18:54:36 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Coma White by Marilyn Manson

Dunno just seem to enjoy music from the 90's and early 00's more-so then new stuff...Minus Breaking Benjamin and Three Days Grace :-D
This user is a guest