The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

Shame, eh?

mendez
May 28, 2010 17:41:08 GMT -6

Post by mendez on May 28, 2010 17:41:08 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Being a fan of EA games' "Dante's Inferno," and Aligheri's fan, most particularly, of "Paradiso" and "Inferno" (never really paid attention to "Purgatorio." I should have, though.) I watched the now world-known game since its first trailer. Overall, I enjoyed the frame rate minimum of 60 frames a second. More so, I enjoyed the efforts EA developers put into designing the aesthetic world in which the player-controlled 'Dante' rips and tears through to find his lost beloved. Each circle of Hell has an entirely different aesthetic feel to it, from the cold slime of the Blind World (beginning) to the lowest of low, the icy paths of Treachery. Careful! Heresy is hot 8-)!

EA managed to turn a poem in which a lowly human poet explores Hell with the accompaniment of a deceased 'virtuous pagan,' Virgil. They redesigned it to make the player more than a witness and a part of Hell itself in such a manner I silently thanked them for turning a thoroughly human poet into an equally human crusader, with emotion and a reason for his drive. I can't wait for Dante's Purgatory (?) to begin development.

However, the trailers, particularly the announcement trailer; made me overexpect the gameplay. For instance, I was expecting 'Gluttony' to be alive and moving beneath the protagonist's feet, as a living whole. For those who haven't played Dante's Inferno, I highly suggest it! For those who have, I have a question to ask you.

What were you expecting? What do you think could have made 'Inferno' even better?
This user is a guest
Anonymous
May 29, 2010 10:33:32 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on May 29, 2010 10:33:32 GMT -6

I'll be honest, the idea looked decent at first thought.... but then I saw the game and became slowly disinterested. Played a few minutes at a friends, just... didn't grab me, I would figure the game is prolly quite good and well balanced enough to be considered a top rate game, but I don't think I am part of the target audience for this game.
This user is a former member
mendez
May 29, 2010 22:25:22 GMT -6

Post by mendez on May 29, 2010 22:25:22 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
I suppose the game's not for everyone, but hey! Read the poet's Divina Commedia someday, eh? The Italian had a knack for theological detailing!
This user is a guest