The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

A Glimpse of 'Korra' Animation!

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Aug 29, 2010 21:48:55 GMT -6

A Long Display Name Here Avatar
Ian Graham (some of you may know him as one of the writer/story board artists from A:tLA) posted this entry to his deviantArt journal: ibgraham.deviantart.com/journal/34634280/

Now, I can not talk about the story on any level but I can say It is gonna be A GREAT RIDE! Mike and Bryan have a true vision for The Legend of Korra and I am so proude to be a part of it.

This is exciting, I think!

Update 11.06.2010:
{ CLICK HERE FOR A GLIMPSE OF KORRA ANIMATION! }
This user is Mod
Last edit: Nov 14, 2010 0:39:59 GMT -6
Anonymous
Sept 1, 2010 8:24:04 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Sept 1, 2010 8:24:04 GMT -6

deviantArt... where the good, the bad, and the downright ugly all merge into one.
And of course we have Sturgeon's Law. >.>

but hey, at this point in time, there is only one reason I'd be led to believe that Korra would disappoint, and that's if Korra is NOT as badass as she sounds.

Korra is Zhao, yo.
~Tenoko~
This user is a former member

Post by Gia on Oct 1, 2010 13:02:41 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
It better not disappoint. *nods* As much as we're all looking forward to it? Yeah, better be good...
This user is Mod
ayumi
Oct 4, 2010 0:49:58 GMT -6

Post by ayumi on Oct 4, 2010 0:49:58 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
OH! OH! I WANNA TRY OUT FOR KORRA!!! ^^ Not that I'd ever GET a main character like her but...still xDDD!!

For some reason I can see Aang just being: "You can't do THIS?! I mastered THREE ELEMENTS IN LESS THAN A YEAR!!! See! I'm just better than you like that!" xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Or something like that xP!!! Hmm...Aang becomes mean when he's old. SHAME ON YOU KARENA!!!!!! -scolds-
This user is a guest
Anonymous
Oct 5, 2010 10:59:53 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Oct 5, 2010 10:59:53 GMT -6

well, considering that I've put up with Shamalamadingalongadingdondingdong's move, and worse yet, the Season III finale, it'll take honest effort to make this bad in my eyes.

the worst case scenario is if Korra is some "YAY TEAMWORK" removed or something lame like that, instead of a stone-cold badass murderer who does not settle for anything less then ripping out people's jugular's after giving them a swift Falcon punch [with her being as buff as she is...] followed by a merciless, pwinful curbstomp.

Korra needs to be badass or give me death.
~Tenoko~

<Kami edit;; reminder - there is no need to use profanity on TARP in an insulting or abusive manner, no matter what it's directed at. Thank you.>
Last edit: Oct 6, 2010 0:13:30 GMT -6
ayumi
Oct 5, 2010 11:47:02 GMT -6

Post by ayumi on Oct 5, 2010 11:47:02 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
-kicks Tenoko- Bad! Bad Tenoko! You go back to your horror movies! There will be no such things in a children's show! Nyeh! XP
This user is a guest
Last edit by ayumi: Oct 5, 2010 15:47:51 GMT -6
Anonymous
Oct 6, 2010 9:50:41 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Oct 6, 2010 9:50:41 GMT -6

Well, ye. I don’t actually expect Korra to be a stone cold evil murderer or whatnot. I just really hope she’s not uber-lame. She needs to be along the lines of either Zhao, Toph, Long Feng, or Joo Dee.

“Don’t take no for an answer; don’t let anyone walk all over you. Beat up anyone who gets in your way.”
~Tenoko~
ayumi
Oct 6, 2010 9:57:22 GMT -6

Post by ayumi on Oct 6, 2010 9:57:22 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
xPP We need another Ty Lee character in Korra, is my opinion! ^^ xDDDD

Joo Dee? xD

WOAH! Kami edited you O_o;;;; Tsk tsk. xPP
This user is a guest
Anonymous
Oct 6, 2010 10:10:53 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Oct 6, 2010 10:10:53 GMT -6

nuuuuuuuu D=
not in Korra, anyways. she's too buff to be ditzy.

but we do need another Ty Lee character, make no mistake about it.

and I will attempt to quell my urge to make a Ty Lee drug reference. =X

~Tenoko~
Anonymous
Nov 3, 2010 13:48:45 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Nov 3, 2010 13:48:45 GMT -6

here's a little something Prince Zuko voice actor, Dante Basco, had to say about Avatar: the Legend of Korra.
hanabi
Nov 3, 2010 14:57:04 GMT -6

Post by hanabi on Nov 3, 2010 14:57:04 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
...*Reads Notes.*... ... Greaat. It's all good till you read the fact sheet and see it has a lot on racism between benders and non-benders...

Really? Racism? Why does every special or interesting show have to have a big center on racism?
This user is a guest
Anonymous
Nov 3, 2010 15:16:24 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Nov 3, 2010 15:16:24 GMT -6

hanabi Avatar
...*Reads Notes.*... ... Greaat. It's all good till you read the fact sheet and see it has a lot on racism between benders and non-benders...

Really? Racism? Why does every special or interesting show have to have a big center on racism?

Oh, I don't know, maybe because of the very real and present problem that racism is in our own world every day, everywhere.

ETA: I do feel that racial themes have been ever-present in the Avatar series. The overtones were there in A:tLA as well.
Last edit by Deleted: Nov 5, 2010 13:50:38 GMT -6
hanabi
Nov 3, 2010 18:48:54 GMT -6

Post by hanabi on Nov 3, 2010 18:48:54 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Yeah Racism happens, but it's the center of everything. X-Men, Avatar by JC and now this Avatar too?

Racism isn't as potent as it once was. A black man with a middle eastern name can become the president of the united states by popular vote. Why does it always have to do with a focus on racism?

I like national pride like fighting nations in a story, but racism is boring to watch because all you have to do is look beyond skin or this and that. This is Avatar not X-Men. This world has grown up together for over how many lifetimes without Racism and 'now' it's becoming centerfold?
This user is a guest

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Nov 4, 2010 13:43:54 GMT -6

1. I did not no Dante Basco had a blog. MUST. FOLLOW. Nyaaar.
2. Awesome, in regards to blog contents.

Hanabi - A) it's not racism, it's "benderism". xD (B), according to AvatarWiki, this "benderism" occurs in Republic City, which is currently the only named location.

There are Anti-Benders in Republic City, who are strongly against the art of bending. Here Korra must deal with rampant crime and an anti-bender revolt.

So as from the information currently available to us, it doesn't appear to be the 'focus' of the series.

edit;; please, let's not turn this into a 'racism in real life and media' thread. =X if you want to discuss the topic, please head over to the general board.let's keep this about the show, and not the RL politics that may or may not be behind it. thank you!
This user is Mod
Last edit: Nov 4, 2010 13:48:49 GMT -6
ayumi
Nov 4, 2010 23:20:24 GMT -6

Post by ayumi on Nov 4, 2010 23:20:24 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Yes! No politics! Lets all talk about Ty Lee! Wait...>.>

<.<

I mean lets talk about who gets to play Korra! xDDD

Or...well...who'll be applying for Korra's position xDD
Or...who will try to apply at least xD
This user is a guest

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Nov 6, 2010 16:46:01 GMT -6

Oh. My. God.
Leaked action sequence line test.
Korra, if this is any indication, will in fact be ba-dass.

This user is Mod
Last edit: Nov 6, 2010 16:46:34 GMT -6

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Nov 14, 2010 0:40:17 GMT -6

.. really? :[ I thought this site, of all places, would be salivating!
I AM DISAPPOINTED, TARP!
This user is Mod
Last edit: Nov 14, 2010 0:40:36 GMT -6
hanabi
Nov 14, 2010 1:35:43 GMT -6

Post by hanabi on Nov 14, 2010 1:35:43 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Hey, no double posting!

^.,^

Truthfully I'm excited to see more. But as I've stated before I do have my apprehensions.
This user is a guest
Anonymous
Nov 14, 2010 9:50:20 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Nov 14, 2010 9:50:20 GMT -6

Yeah, Kami, shame on you.

And yeah, like I said on facebook. I am super excited after seeing that because Korra is shaping up to be a baddass, like Khloe Kardashian.

I will say this, I squealed like a fangirl when I saw this.

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Nov 14, 2010 12:13:01 GMT -6

We have never not allowed double posting provided that it's been over a certain time limit. I'd say a week is well over that limit! =P

Yeah, I'm pretty thrilled. I'm a bit apprehensive about whether or not this series will live up to AtLA's name, but if this line test is any indication, it will at least have some amazing martial arts / bending sequences.
This user is Mod