The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

Iroh's journey into the Spirit World

bosco
Jun 10, 2010 23:56:23 GMT -6

Post by bosco on Jun 10, 2010 23:56:23 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Yeah... Everyone remembers when Zhao mentioned that Iroh had a trip into the spirit world. Which begs the questions: When did he go? Why did he go? Who brought him? And which spirits did he meet? I can't believe that this isn't being discussed on the site now. It is the most thought about Avatar topic after 'What happened after the series ended?'

Most people believe that after Iroh's son died, he journeyed, but that is unconfirmed. So, lets hear your thoughts on the topic.
This user is a guest
kaitokatashi
Jun 20, 2010 10:31:59 GMT -6

Post by kaitokatashi on Jun 20, 2010 10:31:59 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Unfortunately, this was never explained, so any hypotheses regarding Iroh's trip into the Spirit World would be pure speculation; that being said, I never actually pondered the details behind it and I didn't really ever think it was that important, as it only came up twice (Iroh seeing Aang in the Spirit World and Zhao bringing it up).
This user is a guest

Post by Gia on Jun 21, 2010 14:00:43 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
I have to agree with Haru on this one. It never really seemed important to me, either. Like he said, there's no way of knowing any details, so all we would be able to do is just guess. I figure if it was truly important, it would have been brought up in the series more.
This user is Mod
kuruk
Jun 24, 2010 20:27:47 GMT -6

Post by kuruk on Jun 24, 2010 20:27:47 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
If anything it would have been to speak with his son... Because although Iroh is from the Fire Nation and Ozai's brother.... Meaning he comes from a long line of ruthless, masochistic murders... He was nothing like them.

Or maybe he died in battle and went to the Spirit World, but was revived later by a spirit or something like that....
This user is a guest