The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

Something that's been in my mind....

yamaguchi
Jul 16, 2009 17:19:49 GMT -6

Post by yamaguchi on Jul 16, 2009 17:19:49 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
So I watched " The Drill " episode again a few days ago and something came on my mind, why did the Fire Nation go through so much trouble to make a huge Drill that probably was highly expensive and failed when they could take the Walls of Ba Sing Se out of the equation and use a large air attack?

The Fire Nation seemed to have plenty of air balloons in the other episodes, and it would have been more effective overall then using a big drill. Besides, whats the worse the Earth Kingdom do about it? Throw rocks at the war balloons and hope for the best? In almost 100 years of trying to penetrate the walls, it never occurred to them to just fly over them?

Maybe I'm thinking a bit too hard about it, but it just seemed so wried. But hey, the episode was still good though.
This user is a guest
Anonymous
Jul 17, 2009 10:09:14 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 17, 2009 10:09:14 GMT -6

I think the very fact that they could have rocks thrown at them prevented them from using their war balloons. I believe that they used the Drill because they hadn't yet finished construction on them, the giant balloons. Also from the show, we get to see how much damage "rocks" actually do when aimed right.

Another reason might be psychological, seeing as how the Fire Nation enjoys using psychological warfare. With a Drill they literally break through their opponents defenses in a way that would make one more susceptible to fear because nothing they do can penetrate the Drill. While with the balloons they can at least take a few down.

Or it was already planned out, and before common sense, on using the balloons, sets in; the Princess shows up and demands to watch. You just don't say no to Azula.

And yes, it was a good episode.
This user is a former member