The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

Creative bending

kaitokatashi
Feb 19, 2009 22:49:51 GMT -6

Post by kaitokatashi on Feb 19, 2009 22:49:51 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
This thread was around a while ago, so I thought I could resurrect it.

What are some creative uses for the different bending styles? Here are some that already exist:

- Waterbending: Bloodbending, Sweatbending, using "water blades" to cut through things
- Earthbending: Metalbending, softening the ground, magnetizing oneself to rock
- Firebending: Lightning, heat siphoning

So, are there any other uses of bending the various elements that you've thought of but haven't seen on the show?
This user is a guest
kosshi
Feb 20, 2009 0:10:49 GMT -6

Post by kosshi on Feb 20, 2009 0:10:49 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
I never really got Lightning. Sure it's hot, but it's technically iffy. To get really creative, you've gotta look outside bending. As Edward Elric stated once, a human body can be made up of common materials, which is the basis for Human Alchemy. The most powerful Earth Bender might be able to effect the non-organic properties in the human body, the very makeup of your skeleton, the minerals that keep you working, ect., and bend flesh or bone like dirt.

"Earth Material Manipulation: Earthbending is not limited to rock or soil alone. An Earthbender can also manipulate coal, gems, crystals, and other earth-based material, like meteorites." <-Taken from the avatar wiki.

Coal, like Graphite and Diamonds, is carbon in one of it's purest forms, and we are, after all, carbon-based lifeforms.
This user is a guest
kaitokatashi
Feb 20, 2009 9:26:35 GMT -6

Post by kaitokatashi on Feb 20, 2009 9:26:35 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Although it seems out there, Firebenders being able to Lightningbend makes sense because they're the only benders (as far as we know, as Airbending was never really discussed in any detail) who can create their element from the energy within their bodies. From what I gathered from Iroh's description of Lightningbending, it's merely separating the yin and yang energies in your body and expelling the energy they create when they come crashing back together.

Bonebending...that seems a little less feasible to me within the realms of the show, but that might be due to my interpretation of what Earthbending actually is.
This user is a guest