The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

Xin Fu

kaitokatashi
Apr 28, 2008 20:37:41 GMT -6

Post by kaitokatashi on Apr 28, 2008 20:37:41 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
The gold pieces clinked together as Xin Fu counted them into three piles of varying sizes. Those salivating dogs that populated the audience would probably pay every coin they had to see the Earth Rumble; after all, it had earned Kingdom-wide fame from Kyoshi to Ba Sing Se. With the fame came the gold. It hadn't paid off until Earth Rumble 3, when a contestant almost died in combat. He'd had to revise the rules, but that sparked a trend that was burning out of control...

...and he was more than happy to take advantage of it. Truth be told, he held his Rumblers in the same category as the audience members; puppets to be drained dry of gold and then cast aside. Still, the Earthbender had more than enough "skilled" fighters to draw a crowd to Rumble after Rumble after Rumble. His dark, chiseled features lit up with a perverse malice as he thought of how none of them knew that he was simply using them for money. Still, some of the fighters were as dumb as they were unskilled, so it wasn't hard to dupe them. Keep them happy, pay them well, and they would eat out of the palm of your hand. That's how it went.

Still, it wasn't like this was the first time he'd manipulated people. For the last 38 years he'd been alive, he saw the people around him as mere tools that he could use to get what he wanted. As he grew, he got more and more skilled at it until finally, his efforts culminated in the Earth Rumble.

He tucked a strand of raven hair behind his ear as the handsome features of his face became slightly contorted with worry. Ever since Toph had run off and joined the Hunt for the Avatar, he'd lost a small following. Still, there had been more than enough people to fill their places, and that was fine by him. She had been a thorn in his side, more independent and headstrong towards him than the other Rumblers. Oh well, her loss. He found the whole "war" fuss to be rather unimportant and he would continue to until the Fire Nation decided to invade Gaoling. When that day came, he'd be more than ready for them.

The gold continued to clink as he sorted it, then moreso as he put it into ornate bags. He sorely wished that he had more time to shop, but he was working on holding another Earth Rumble. It was a pity, really, to pass on all those well-made clothes, bags, bracelets...perhaps that was his one and only weakness. He was drawn to the finer things in life, and he would willingly crush someone with a boulder if it meant achieving fabulous wealth. After all, that's why Earth Rumble had been made.

He sighed as he drew the bags closed, getting out of his chair and heading for the door. If there was going to be another Rumble, he'd need to get the word out. Even that wouldn't be hard work, considering how anxious people were to see another one. It had been far too long, and a gold harvest was far overdue...
This user is a guest

Post by Gia on Apr 28, 2008 20:44:17 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
Good job! You're a good writer, and you seem to have Xin Fu's personality down pretty well... My only thing is I'm not sure whether or not Xin Fu knew the real names of the people who fought with him, though he might have, nor would he have known, due to changes in canon, if she had run off with the Avatar. Not entirely sure one way or the other one those, but... either way, good job. With two more stamps, he's yours, Kai.

This user is Mod
kaitokatashi
Apr 28, 2008 20:48:23 GMT -6

Post by kaitokatashi on Apr 28, 2008 20:48:23 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Thanks! The way that AvatarSpirit (the only source I could find anything on Xin Fu) described him, he seemed more like a cowardly rat than anything. Plus, I wanted to make him a little more cold and calculating than he was on the show, so I did!

Hehehe. I never thought that I'd apply for two Earthbenders (and canons, at that) when I signed up. :P
This user is a guest

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Apr 30, 2008 15:29:20 GMT -6

A Long Display Name Here Avatar
xD *echos Karena* Though, try to avoid typing numbers in an RP, unless it's a name for something, like 'Platform 9 and 3/4'.

This user is Mod

Post by Gia on Apr 30, 2008 17:02:45 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
I also want to make one note that you need to watch your length with your RP posts in the actual RP to more match your canon apps. :)
This user is Mod
ailin
Apr 30, 2008 17:55:35 GMT -6

Post by ailin on Apr 30, 2008 17:55:35 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
I will have to echo here what has already been said. You do have a good grasp of Xin Fu's personality (who always seemed ruthless and a bit impatient to me) and have the skills to play him. Just remember to really dig in deep when writing for the character. You'll do fine. :) So I guess that means case closed, right?

This user is a guest

Post by Gia on Apr 30, 2008 18:06:05 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
Yep, case closed. Xin Fu is yours, Kai. Send me a PM when you've seen the responses so I can move this to the Accepted board. :)
This user is Mod