The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

Master Pakku

sanro
Oct 27, 2007 15:40:56 GMT -6

Post by sanro on Oct 27, 2007 15:40:56 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
His form was terrible, his breathing was off and he wasn’t even looking at his target; he’d stand all of five minutes against a fire nation soldier. So, unfortunately, Master Pakku would have to be the one to set him in line. Over his many decades of training water benders, he’d rarely had a chance to actually work with a half skilled student, and even then they’d usually fall flat on their cocky faces at some point. No, he had a lot of work ahead of him.

”Maybe once you’re my age you’ll be able to make a bubble.” Pakku commented dryly whilst pacing around the bender that was juggling water like it would burn his hands. Water bending was about free flow, not bouncing it around like it would bite you; which this young man seemed to believe.

As he sat his aged body down whilst an ice stool sprang up, he sighed to himself, and drank his squid, the water it swam in spraying over his grey hair and wrinkled skin. No, no good students since Katara. Katara, who possessed the face of Kanna: The love of his life. Thinking back to his youth, he remembered Kanna’s smile, her laugh, her beauty; he had lost it all because of the customs. Only was it when he met Katara did he realise some customs were meant to be broken, even if they made perfect sense. After all, if a man couldn’t master the simplest techniques, what chance did a woman have? Breaking his reminiscing to look back on his student that had somehow managed to freeze himself, Pakku sighed again and rose once more.

“Good, good. Now you just need to freeze someone that isn’t yourself” he sourly remarked, and freed the young fool from his self built cage. “Water bending is about feeling the push and pull of the ocean, the streaming of the water and the flowing of the tides. Once you understand that, let me know and I’ll think about letting you move on.” Naturally, the student immediately resorted to complaining, and naturally, Pakku shrugged off his whiney remarks. All these benders, so confident of themselves, but few of them were prepared of the horrors of war, the horrors they’d have to face sooner or later, no matter how safe they felt up here in their little ice palace, which had already been torn apart once by the savage fire nation.

So back it was to the basics with this one, back to summoning streams of water and moving it from one hand to another. “Don’t worry; I’m sure you’ll be able to master water bending before the sun sets” Pakku announced sarcastically as his student once again went in over his head and was rewarded with a soaked body that quickly turned to ice in the bitter chill of the north pole. Master Pakku sighed once again, and then returned to teaching this student how to bend without killing himself in the process.

((OOC: I know that there's some canon issues here, since as far as we know Pakku's still in the South Pole, but since we actually don't know what Pakku's up to I decided to write it in the North Pole, hope that's ok))
This user is a guest
Last edit by sanro: Oct 27, 2007 15:42:56 GMT -6

Post by Gia on Oct 29, 2007 14:22:04 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
Hmm... Well, I wanted you to know that I have seen this,and I'm thinking on it before accepting or denying it.
This user is Mod

Post by Gia on Nov 2, 2007 23:35:22 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
Sorry for the delay, but I've decided after consideration (and now that I have time to do this) to accept your application. Now, you need two more Core Staff Members to accept it and Pakku will be yours. Oh, and if you do end up getting Pakku, I will be PMing you with some information about my character Lakano in regards to Pakku.

This user is Mod
Last edit: Nov 3, 2007 0:25:15 GMT -6

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Nov 3, 2007 0:02:26 GMT -6

A Long Display Name Here Avatar
I think it can be a bit more in-depth, but perhaps with practice you can improve on that, no? Here is my stamp as well.

Only one more needed! Good luck!
This user is Mod
Last edit: Nov 3, 2007 0:25:29 GMT -6
yi
Nov 3, 2007 23:38:46 GMT -6

Post by yi on Nov 3, 2007 23:38:46 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
I would have liked to have seen more along the terms of personality development, but i know it is hard to convey sarcasm without getting close to God Modding. While i feel the application was well thought out and in compliance with what is determined to be an acceptable, there is much work to be done.

but like Katara said, with practice im sure you can make it better.

Congrads! you have earned 3 out of 5 approvals for this Canon, in a short time this application will be moved to the accepted Cannons Thread.
This user is a guest
Last edit by sanro: Nov 3, 2007 23:40:27 GMT -6
sanro
Nov 4, 2007 1:11:50 GMT -6

Post by sanro on Nov 4, 2007 1:11:50 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Hurrah! Thanks for deeming it acceptable and don't worry, I'll be sure to improve even more on playing bitter old men ;D
This user is a guest