The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

Teo

suyami
Aug 28, 2007 21:57:47 GMT -6

Post by suyami on Aug 28, 2007 21:57:47 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
My Teo App:

Although he had been merely two years old at the time, the trauma of the flood had stayed with Teo throughout all his 15 years of life. That particular memory was his strongest, mostly because it held two of the most important happenings in his life, which also happened to be the two most horrifying.

The flood had taken away his mother, along with the use of his legs.

The pain had been excrutiating, that was something he remembered clearly. Not only the physical pain of having his legs crushed by a rock, but also the emotional pain of having his mother wrenched away from him at the stage of infancy. He could still see his father, his face in a mask of pain as he reached out to his mother. The worst moment, however, had been when he woke up to see his father, his rock, his protector, with tears running down his cheeks. He could remember their conversation to that very day:

"Father?"
"Yes?"

His father's voice came out as a strangled sob, and Teo had flinched to hear it.

"Where Mommy?" He had still been learning how to speak, so his words had been broken. The meaning was conveyed quite clearly, however.

“Gone…” His father’s voice had lowered to a whisper, and Teo struggled to hear it. “But Mommy… Want Mommy!” His voice had escalated into a terrified wail at the end of the sentence. Tears filled his light brown eyes, only to be dashed away by pudgy hands.

He had never seen his mother again. Later, he learned that she had been taken away by the water, had drowned. To that day, he still had nightmares about the night, which found him screaming in his pallet, sweat-drenched and wild-eyed.

Teo shook his head clear of the memories. Although the past would still haunt him, he couldn’t let it rule his life. He got out of his bed with some difficulty, dragging himself over to the chair. He raised his body into the chair with an incredible feat of arm strength. Years of practicing the maneuver had left the disabled young man with a strong upper body.

He wheeled himself out of his room with ease, surveying the Northern Air Temple that was his home. He could see his friends in the sky, wheeling in circles. He waved at them, dimples showing with his smile. Teo had always been a cheerful sort in spite of being in a wheelchair.

He grabbed his goggles from their perch on the table, securing them tightly on his forehead. His grin stretched all the way to his black sideburns, making him look even giddier. Teo grabbed his glider, feeling the familiar grooves in the staff. He connected the straps to his chair, and with a few maneuvers, he slid right off the cliff.

He was airborne! The wind rushed through his already ruffled hair, and a look of serene bliss crossed over the young man’s face. In the air, he could be free, free to walk among the clouds with legs of air. He was anyone’s equal, and he didn’t get the looks of pity that he did on land. Teo knew that with his glider, the sky was his kingdom. He didn’t need legs to experience the joy of flight.

His mind drifted as he soared through the open sky. His thoughts turned to the Avatar, Aang, and his friends. He could remember when he and Aang had raced through the skies. Imagine that! He, Teo, had raced against the Avatar! A real, live airbender! He could barely comprehend that fact.

His mind left that trail of memory, and found another. He remembered when his father had first brought him to the Temple, after the flood. They had brought the survivors from their village, and soon, Teo was gliding through the skies in the glider that his father had made for him.

Thoughts of his father brought him to his betrayal. Teo’s normal smile slid into a frown, then lower into an almost pout. He closed his eyes against the vivid images of his father’s surprised face when he had found him working for the Fire Nation.

The war was stupid. If there was no war, his father would have continued on being Teo’s idol. But because of it, he had been turned into Teo’s enemy. Although he had apologized to his son, Teo had only begun to forgive him.

The young man turned his glider, guiding it up into the sky. He left his painful memories behind, left the thoughts of his paralysis in the lower sky. As he flew through the clouds, he could believe that he was an airbender, truly flying. He could believe that he was free.
This user is a guest
karl
Aug 29, 2007 3:39:41 GMT -6

Post by karl on Aug 29, 2007 3:39:41 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
We are gliding, gliding on a cloud...

This was what he lived for. The rush of air past him, warm air lifting him up high and letting him glide downward, slowly or quickly. Diving at the ground, faster and faster, leaving his infirmity behind as he swooped up again. The lurch in his stomach was pure exhilaration. He was free to fly, and young enough to run...but he knew--the cloud of this thought was a shadow against the beautiful sun of soaring on the hot air currents--he couldn't. He was stuck in his chair.

Close your eyes, close your eyes...

Teo's life hadn't always been this way. Once, he knew, he had been perfectly normal. Ten years ago, when he was just a toddler, his village, in the Earth Kingdom, was attacked by the Fire Nation. He and the villagers mostly managed to escape, but a firebender's attack had horribly mangled his legs to the point where he could never again walk. He couldn't remember it, but he knew it to be true.

Glding, gliding on a cloud...

His father discovered the Northern Air Temple, and quickly made it their home. Teo was raised by his father--his mother had "died in the raid"--but despite this he grew up to be an upstanding youth with a strong sense of right and wrong. Of course, when he found out that his father was using his skill not only to make such things as the boy's wheel-chair/glider, but weapons for the Fire nation, the very people that had attacked them! Luckily, Aang--the avatar, to Teo's amazement after he had tried to out-glide him--helped him and the village to defeat the Fire Nation and keep them away from their new home without giving them weapons. Teo admires the airbender, as they are much alike. If he could have stayed they probably would have become good friends, he knew.

But then, sometimes he thought darkly, he never would have doubted.

Glide with me little one...

Yet sometimes, in the darkness of night, he wondered if it was true. Was it true that he had been maimed and his mother killed by The Fire Nation, a country he had learn to hate with all of his small portion of hate? Or perhaps--doubt seeped into his mind--had one of his father's experiments gone wrong? Could he have been injured and his mother killed in a boiler explosion whilst the absent-minded machinist tried to create a home heating system than didn't involve logs? Could it have all been a lie?

Gliding, Gliding far beyond...

Teo was no longer flying, soaring, but he was simply gliding back and forth in the sky, not really concentrating on what he was doing. He began to feel less cheerful and optimistic than he normally did. That wasn't good--he needed to think about what was, and not what might have been.

Close your eyes, close your eyes...

The Machinist has decided to make weapons to fight the Fire Nation, and he has begun to teach Teo his trade. He is actually rather good at it! You should see him in the workshop, black hair unruly, goggles on gray-brown eyes, and turned parallel with the tank because of the bandages around his legs...its a sight to behold. Anyways, they are working on making their own tanks, which have their own weaponry and aren't firebending dependant. It can be safe to say that they'll be a force to be reckoned with! The cloud, however, deepened with the thought of work, and he turned toward land, the moment broken.

We'll never look back!

The boy rolled to a stop on the landing platform of the temple. Though he loved his gliding, there was work to be done, and freedom to be won for everyone. Freedom enough to fly.

Note: Some believe that Teo's ancestors were Air Nomads that couldn't bend, and excaped the Fire Nation strike, which focused on the Air Temples. It is possible that he has a recessive Airbending gene.
This user is a guest

Post by Gia on Aug 29, 2007 10:46:17 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
I wanted you two know that I have seen this, and I think you both have done well, but I need to think on this. Okay? Thanks.
This user is Mod

Post by Gia on Sept 9, 2007 20:54:48 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
Suyami - You did just fine for what info you have on Teo, so...

[glow=purple,2,300]<Katara Edit: Image Tags were off, fixed 'em for ya.>[/glow]
This user is Mod
Last edit: Sept 10, 2007 13:02:32 GMT -6

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Sept 10, 2007 13:04:24 GMT -6

A Long Display Name Here Avatar
Suyami - For what info you've got on Teo, it's fine. I think that there's still a bit of improvement that needs to be done for the writing to flow a bit better, so you might want to hop on over to training or something. *shrug* We don't really have a basic RP training thing, but ... yeah. So:

This user is Mod
blink
Oct 15, 2007 20:44:23 GMT -6

Post by blink on Oct 15, 2007 20:44:23 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Heh. Good to see our favorite new psuedo-Airbender get a good volunteer. Our two pickiest graders agree, so how could I not? I look forward to your flying on this deal. I can't find my stamp, but you have my aproval to be sure. Whee! Slot for Suyami in my eyes. Good luck assuming one more person votes for you.

[glow=blue,2,300]Taed Edit: Here you go, Halaku, for visual benefit:[/glow]
This user is a guest
Last edit by taedxoa: Oct 16, 2007 8:02:40 GMT -6
taedxoa
Oct 16, 2007 7:58:40 GMT -6

Post by taedxoa on Oct 16, 2007 7:58:40 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Sorry for not realizing there was another app here!!! :( But anyway, it's a terrific post, well thought-out, and plenty detailed. I'm sure you'll do great as Teo, Suyami.

This user is a guest
Last edit by taedxoa: Oct 16, 2007 7:58:55 GMT -6

Post by Gia on Oct 16, 2007 23:01:44 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
Well, it looks like he's yours, Suyami! Congrats!
This user is Mod