The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

Master Pakku

Anonymous
Mar 24, 2007 23:56:08 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Mar 24, 2007 23:56:08 GMT -6

An old, stern, wise, powerful man. A man in his eighties, from the great Northern Water Tribe. A man who had a close min before, but who is now open minded and really understands the meaning of Waterbending. Now, he was on a ship heading to the South Pole wth other Waterbenders, to help rebuild the Southern Tribe and maybe train the rare Waterbenders who were there. They hadn't found the Tribe yet, but they were already in the arctic seas. On the ship, he was training the younger Waterbenders how to stream the water. They weren't moving their blobs quite smoothly but when they were shaping them into random forms, it was quite interesting. Pakku made the hot water in his bowl of octopus swirl with Waterbending. Then his students made completely gross moves and their streams of water encountered each other, soaking them. "No, no, no !! That's not how you do it ! You have to feel the push and pull, to be confident with what you do. Just move your hand in a good way." He used his right hand to lift the water of his bowl in the shape of a smooth stream. His octopus was in this stream, so Pakku used both his hand. "Do not forget to use your other hand if you can't keep the balace with only one hand. The balance between push and pull is important. If you cannot keep this, then you won't succeed with streaming some water..." He moved the stream of water to his mouh and swallowed the octopus as well as the water. "Keep practicing and try to master this move before we reach the Southern Tribe."

Pakku went to the adult Waterbenders. They were moving the ship forward. Another ship was following them. 'That brings back memories... like that time when the Fire Nation was getting close to our shores, and I decided to go alone to drive them back. Using the water as a shield, I went with a single ship and blocked the propeller of some ships. Then I streamed the water in a circle to push all the Firebenders away. Using the sea, I made spikes of ice to destroy their little ships. Then more ships came to help me and we defeated them easily. That was about fourty years ago. Me, alone, against the Fire Navy ships. This was exciting at that time. But now, it would be a dare devil action to do that. I'm not as strong and enthusiastic as I used to be. And back then, I was still hoping Kanna would come back. That gave me hope to continue fighting. Then I gave up after some more years. It has been difficult to live with that in my heart, but I succeeded. The War seems to be nothing, compared to my life. Now I understand why girls were forbidden to learn Waterbending for fighting. But it's true that if Water is the element of changing and adapting, then those rules had to change. I guess the spirits just made it so. It's certainly the price to pay if I want to be a wise man.' He looked forward. "We're almost on the shore. Get ready to land alongside the shore ! I'll take are of the iceberg !!" He put on his blue parka and put some water on his face, soaking his grey hair.

Then he went to the tîp of the boat and bent the icbergs so they could leave the ship's way. "Kanna... Sixty-years without seeing her. Sixty years since she left me and the North Pole. I gave up on the idea of marrying her. But that doesn't mean I can't be with her. I will see you again, Kanna." The ship landed near the village. These Waterbenders had abandoned their homes, parents, wives, children and whole tribe, to hep their sister tribes. Fortunately, there weren't losses during the travel. They were all just tired. Master Pakku had promised Chief Arnook that he would rebuild the Southern Tribe. He promised Yugoda that he would take care of Kanna and tell her how much they missed her in the Northern Tribe. He promised his pupils that they would teach younger waterbenders with what they know. And he promised his whole tribe that the Northern and Southern Water Tribes would finally be reunited again. Once they set foot in the village, the villagers started cheering up. They were quite happy to see their brothers and sisters from the North Pole. Pakku immediately searched for Kanna with his blue eyes. His face was usually a stern face, indifferent and kinda sarcastic. But this time, he looked like someone about to cry, either because of sadness, or because of joyness. He told the Waterbenders to immediately start repairing the walls and huts. He told the healers to go find out what everyone needed.

One of his students said that they were tired and couldn't do anything in that state. "Alright. Then maybe you'd like go back home and tell your family you came back because you were tired. You're free to do it. If that's not so, then go and work, immediatey !" He answered. Himself made huts out from ice and snow. He still hadn't seen Kanna. "You're looking for Gran-Gran ?" a little boy said. "Who is Gran-Gran ?" Pakku asked. "She's our eldest villager and she's considered the grandmother of our tribe." The boy answered "And I think her real name is Kanna." Pakku raised his eyebrows and smiled at the little boy. "Are you a warrior ?" He asked. "Yes, we're the only boys in the village, so we have no choice but to become the warriors." The boy answered. "And are there Waterbenders in your tribe ?" Pakku asked. "There was a Waterbender before, but she left with her brother and the Avatar." The little boy answered. 'I see, so Katara was the only Waterbender in the Southern Tribe. At least, the only Waterbender who knew about waterbending. No wonder she was fighting so bad and wildly, last time at the North Pole. She learned everything by herself, and teachers don't usually teach these kind of techniques.' "So where's your Gran-Gran ?" Pakku asked. "She went out with the other warriors to look after them while they are fishing." The boy answered. Pakku nodded and called the students for training with snow, while the other Waterbenders were taking care of the village.
This user is a former member
Last edit by Deleted: Mar 27, 2007 11:41:22 GMT -6

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Apr 8, 2007 11:20:46 GMT -6

A Long Display Name Here Avatar
Hey Joychi, sorry this took so long! >.< *mumbles something about being a procrastinator*

I'm not quite certain about this particular sample of yours... O_o It seems..a bit god-mod-y, though I do have to admit that the gm-ing is not too excessive, which usually slides. Hm... For now I'll reserve my judgment, and let my fellow Staffers have a say.
This user is Mod
taedxoa
Apr 25, 2007 18:25:24 GMT -6

Post by taedxoa on Apr 25, 2007 18:25:24 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Wow, I apologise that we as a staff have put this off for so long.

I liked some parts of your appy, and I really didn't like a lot of other parts. You have Pakku doing a lot of spoken inner-monologues, which I personally don't think is in his character, but on the other hand you really have his attitudes, etc., down pat. So I guess for now, I'm going to deny your appy, but let not thy heart grow faint! You may still get four seals of approval from the other staffers.
This user is a guest

Post by Gia on Apr 30, 2007 12:45:53 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
Sorry that this has taken me so long, but I'm with Katara and Taed. Sorry... This was a bit harder than some of the others. It seems to me that you understand the basics, of his character, but like Taed said, I don't really see Pakku doing a lot of inner monolgues. He doesn't really see like the type to me...
This user is Mod

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Apr 30, 2007 16:24:50 GMT -6

A Long Display Name Here Avatar
Agreed. Apologies, but I will have to cast my judgment as "no" for now, Joychi. Not to worry though — I see a lot of potential in your writing, and I must say that you've certainly improved boatloads from when you first registered with the site.
This user is Mod