The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

Oyumi, the Herbalist

karl
Apr 14, 2007 15:52:45 GMT -6

Post by karl on Apr 14, 2007 15:52:45 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
In times long past, herbalist institutes like the one in which she lived had been scattered throughout the four nations, even the cold and bleak water tribes and the firey volcanic Fire Nation. Now there were only one or two left, only in the Earth Kingdom. In that time, these institutes had been full of people. Now only an 80 year old woman and her cat lives in this one.

"Now now Miyuki, be patient. You'll have your dinner soon enough," said the old woman, moving between the rare plants, herbs of many powerful properties, searching for just the perfect one. Miyuki could be very particular about her food, and would give the herbalist a stern reprimand if her dinner was not edible. "No, not that. Peppermint? No. Orange blossom? No, no..." her voice trailed off into inaudibility.

She is quite crazy, though a herbological genius. She doesn't mind the rubble, living only off her plants, as does her cat. Every once and a while, Earth Kingdom soldiers would come by, and Oyami always tended to let them leave better than when they arrived. Her long gray hair, that she never does anything to other than get out of her way by way of a large bun, flows down her slightly stooped back. She wears pastel green clothes, the same color as her eyes. For those who meet her, she seems just like a crazy old lady, which she is.

"Ah ha! Here it is. Plum blossom." She plucked the flower from the branch and put it into the small Earthen jar. Returning to the impatient cat, she set the jar on the small table.

Her pet is was her only companion, and she didn't need another. The cat has lived there for years, the descendant of many generations, all named Miyuki. When the cat died, so would Oyumi, though the cat was still quite young. Over the past fifty years, the number of herbalists dwindled, some going off to help with the war effort, others dying.

Miyuki, meanwhile, ate her dinner in near silence, before mewing thankfully at the batty old hag. "Your welcome Miyuki, and thank you for the compliment. It was very hard to make." The old woman petted the cat, who purred. She sat upon a wooden stool, and stayed there until night fell, drowsily napping at intervals with waking to pet the fuzzy pine-fruit that had been rolled into the place of the cat. She didn't notice the difference.
This user is a guest
Last edit by karl: Aug 29, 2007 14:18:34 GMT -6
taedxoa
Apr 25, 2007 18:39:48 GMT -6

Post by taedxoa on Apr 25, 2007 18:39:48 GMT -6

Guest Avatar

Kochi, I fail to remember there being an 'Oyumi the herbalist' in canon Avatar. Have you misplaced this appy?

Edit: I stand... er, sit... corrected. It was the 'Oyumi' part that threw me off. However while you've taken liberties with the Herbalist character, I don't think you've explored the character thoroughly enough to have a good grasp on it. So for now I'm voting 'nay.'
This user is a guest
Last edit by karl: Apr 25, 2007 20:25:48 GMT -6

Post by Gia on Apr 30, 2007 12:47:38 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
I'm with Taed here on this one. I think that you need the explore the character deeper. Just because there isn't a lot of info on her doesn't mean that you can't take some artistic liberties with some of the other things required for a Canon Charcter. Also, try and dig deeper into her character. I know that can be hard, but... I just don't think there's enough here. Sorry.
This user is Mod

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Apr 30, 2007 16:26:38 GMT -6

A Long Display Name Here Avatar
Agreed.

I don't think you've researched this character enough. In all honesty, characters that have just barely any information are loads harder than main canon characters to apply for, as there's less to work with.

My vote is "no".
This user is Mod