The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

New Ozai/Omashu II

hanabi
Jan 31, 2011 2:15:30 GMT -6

Post by hanabi on Jan 31, 2011 2:15:30 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
"Now that this city has some peace, if not quiet on it's way. I'd say you're on Kuma." she said to him smiling, the healing that the Waterbender performed on Hanabi's hand was doing the trick, fire was great medicine, but no where near water's level. "You know, I once considered being a medic, using my Firebending to heal those dying of fever or cold by helping to mitigate or add to the temperature in their body. But, I can't stop being a fighter."

Hanabi sighed looking over at the window a grin on her face, "I'm not gonna play any part to bribery and turning a blind eye to crime. But... I'm gonna probably set out on a journey of my own soon." she said, "I've not set foot near my father's statue, it was made for him, one of many that decorate a stone garden. All the admirals have one. It's beautiful this time of year I wager. The fire nation will be coming into bloom... and since my father has no grave to visit, I can think of no better place to visit then that statue."

Hanabi stood up looking at Kuma, "If you wanna fight me you'll have to follow me, I welcome fights, but I'm not gonna stop everything I'm doing for one."

Hanabi finally walked over to Kugi, "We spoke earlier, about training your daughter to be a Firebender... I've been thinking about it sitting here. I want to apprentice Kyoko under me. This city is cooling down, but it's still not entirely safe. I wanted to know if I could take Kyoko with me and begin teaching her, it is an apprenticeship that will last her whole life. She will travel with me. Learn my style if she is willing to go." She said to Kugi totally seriously, "Most people think Tsubaki is dead, so laying low for a little while will keep her safe, but Kyoko could still be in danger, and, for this stage of apprenticeship I want to keep her at my side." She looked him in the eye, "I am still your subordinate, and after this pilgrimage to my father's statue, I will return here and she will continue to train with you around after the pilgrimage. But I will occasionally go on such pilgrimages." She looked at Kyoko and back at Kugi, "These pilgrimages could take some time, as it is international travel, but she will spend the great majority of her life with you."

Hanabi looked Kugi squarely in the eye, "The choice is yours, if you accept, then it is Kyoko's choice rather or not she wants to do it."

((Suigetsu, could you please make a reply to this quick so I can write my final post before time up? Then we can keep RPing in PMs?))
This user is a guest
Anonymous
Feb 1, 2011 1:47:28 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Feb 1, 2011 1:47:28 GMT -6

For the first time in his life Kuma Takeda declined taking the initiative in looking for a fight. He'd survived an explosion which exposed him to his own insides as well as a fight afterward. For once Kuma didn't feel he had anything to prove.
"Following women isn't my thing. Besides, someone has to keep the theatre district in line. Also, as Master Tei's understudy it's up to me to take on his role as the first Fire Lord in the next play. I don't have time to for pointless fighting."
Those words felt odd but fitting, still he could not help but to make one last jab at a man he despised.
"You just stay the hell out of my way, Tang."

Kugi chuckled.
"Trust me, Mister Takeda, it is not an issue. On that subject...someone has to take responsibility for... he looked around the the devastation and thought about how much worse it was outside of his house. "all of this. Major Kwai stated in no uncertain terms that blame involving the resistance and my soldiers falls directly onto my shoulders. This is my doing. Dosu was not only my subordinate but my friend. He's my responsiblity."

He squatted down to look his eldest daughter in the eye. All it took was exchanged a few looks between he and his wife to make such a monumental decision. The Tang girls spent their lives shielded from the ugly realities of life and recently had their eyes forcibly opened to these truths.
"Kyoko...I'm going to be going away for a while."
Although he no longer intended to lie to his daughters Kugi neglected to mention the possibility of him being killed in prison while she was gone.
"Come back a strong swordswoman and I will turn you into a master."

The soon-to-be prisoner of the place he currently worked looked up at Hanabi from his squatting position and stood up.
"It's still your decision, Kyoko."

The ten-year-old girl looked at her father and clutched at the wooden sword she constantly carried as she bowed her head to Hanabi.
"Please take good care of me."
Kugi grinned. "She has seen how I am about the women I love. Hanabi knows better than to let anything happen to you."
He took a moment to consider these massive changes.
"There is a catch, Hanabi. Go to Omashu and look up my friend Dadao Daito. She can teach you both a few things about the sword. I don't want Kyoko's sword to tarnish."

"Okay...who wants credit for bringing me in? Xian? Mister Kaneda?"
This user is a former member
hanabi
Feb 1, 2011 2:31:31 GMT -6

Post by hanabi on Feb 1, 2011 2:31:31 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
"Sir... we're in Omashu." Hanabi said to Kugi smiling, it was over and things would work out. "Okay Kyoko. We'll have a lot of fun too while we're at it." she said to the girl. Kyoko would be the first person Hanabi ever trained in firebending. She was young and would need to learn about the breath, about feeling heat, about the ability in firebending to harness your own energy to build up more power. But each part had it's steps, it was also a spiritual journey that Hanabi hoped would hone self discipline in Kyoko. Kyoko would learn to hunt, to survive, like she herself had. She would learn to climb and be strong enough so the energy Hanabi was training her to harness wouldn't backfire and harm her.

Kyoko had a long list of things she needed to learn, and in Hanabi's eyes she was at the perfect age, so close to how young she was when she started learning.

"I guess before we leave New Ozai we will see this Dadoo Daito." she said totally getting the name wrong. "Kyoko, say your goodbyes for now. We won't probably be back in New Ozai for quite some time. I'll give you till your father heads back to his office." she said, referring to Kugi. "And Captain Tang!" she said, "If someone gets their junk in a twist about the dead resistance members blame me. I want the reputation of being a resistance crusher, I'm trying to make admiral sometime before I sprout Grey Hairs." she said to Kugi with a salute. "And if anyone wants to address me, tell em I'm on a Pilgrimage to the Fire Nation's Capital and they can try and catch me."

Outside the mob was mostly in a state of confusion over what they had before them on the street. Dosu was dead. Crushed by the Fire Nation, beaten in personal combat by one of the Fire Nation's Champions.

Hanabi stepped out and started to walk outside out the backdoor on the other side of the house from Dosu's Corpse, so when Kyoko came out she wouldn't see a mob that had just a few minutes earlier been out for her blood staring at a headless corpse. She leaned back on the wall and waited. No matter what Tang decided it didn't matter. Her and Kyoko would set out. And their journey together would begin.
This user is a guest
Last edit by hanabi: Feb 1, 2011 2:32:10 GMT -6