The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

Netflix ATLA Live Action Announced!

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Sept 30, 2018 19:57:27 GMT -6

A Long Display Name Here Avatar
Netflix and Bryke have announced that an ATLA live action is in the works, slated for a 2019 production schedule! It's been ten years since the ATLA series finale, eight years since the almost universally panned The Last Airbender by M. Night Shyamalan, and four years since the Korra series finale, so fans everywhere are looking forward — though some with trepidation — at the latest (re)installment in the Avatar universe.

For me, it's a bit 50/50. On the one hand, MORE ATLA! THE GAANG IS BACK! HOORAY! And yet on the other hand, I'm feeling really disappointed that they opted to retell Aang's story in a new format instead of telling a story we don't know — like Avatar Kyoshi, or Avatar Yangchen. Bryke say that the new format will give them a chance to delve into more details they couldn't fit into the animated series, but I don't know if that is enough to balance out my trepidation of a retelling.

Either way, I am looking forward to it, even if the feelings are a little mixed.

What about you?
This user is Mod
Anonymous
Oct 4, 2018 5:03:38 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Oct 4, 2018 5:03:38 GMT -6

Honestly, I wanted something new. LoK was like a early to mid 1900s period right? I was hoping that they could make a modernized version of Avatar. That would obviously be much more pleasing because a lot more people can relate to it.
This user is a former member

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Oct 4, 2018 12:14:40 GMT -6

A Long Display Name Here Avatar
I definitely agree with you on the something new sentiment — theres such a huge potential with the lore for either a past or future Avatar setting and it’s disappointing to me that they played it safe.

(Also, yeah, Korra is loosely based on 1920s New York City and Shanghai)
This user is Mod