The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

Sir Plots A Lot [Updated 24 October 2018]

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Aug 8, 2018 21:00:19 GMT -6

A Long Display Name Here Avatar
Available Characters:

Unavailable Characters:
  • N/A

Ongoing Threads:

Completed Threads (Chronological by Character):

Summer AG 172

This user is Mod
Last edit: Oct 24, 2018 17:11:03 GMT -6

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Oct 13, 2018 20:46:21 GMT -6

Updated for the Fall 172 AG timeshift!
This user is Mod
Anonymous
Oct 16, 2018 18:08:24 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Oct 16, 2018 18:08:24 GMT -6

I can see @zongwu and @grandma having a thread together as they are both outspoken in their views as Traditionalists, as well as seeming to be rather outspoken in general. If you  want the two to have never met before,we can think something up with the current plot development, but I also have some ideas for a prior connection:

Zong's company could have done some minor work at the inn, and the two could know each other through that, or Wu could have used the Inn in the past as a sort of 'mini-vacation' because he does want to get away from his house but he doesn't want to travel out of the city for fear that his company would be ruined the moment he takes his eyes of it.

Hope to hear your feedback on the ideas, or if you have other ideas!  Cheers!
This user is a former member

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Oct 16, 2018 19:21:20 GMT -6

@zebrilus - I LOVE the idea of them having history together! Both things you suggested — prior work on the inn, and Zong Wu being a sort of local “regular” — are A-OK with me and we can use both!

Songbird’s Rest is in the Market Borough, but we could always have the two of them meet up elsewhere, it’s not like Grandma is a shut in.
This user is Mod
Last edit: Oct 16, 2018 19:22:54 GMT -6
Anonymous
Oct 17, 2018 1:29:56 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Oct 17, 2018 1:29:56 GMT -6

Alright! Let's do this! If you have an idea where the two can meet up in the city than I would be happy to go along! What are the kinds of things Grandma does for fun, if you want a thread somewhere else in the city?

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Oct 17, 2018 13:09:28 GMT -6

She's a frequent visitor to Republic City Park (located in Shiyang), and loves probending (though it's currently out of season). She's also a frequent visitor to the Sun Temple district, as she's a relatively spiritual person (and there are a few fall-oriented festivals that temples traditionally hold, so that could be fun too).

Do you have any preferences?
This user is Mod
Anonymous
Oct 17, 2018 15:14:31 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Oct 17, 2018 15:14:31 GMT -6

My preference would go for the park, and I would propose the following kind of set-up if you are alright with it:

Going on with the prior relation already established: The two could have a (bi-)weekly meet up of some sorts where they play some kind of game in the park, think of the board game Pai Sho or some kind of card game that is universe appropriate. Think of it as real world people that meet up in parks to play play checkers or chess. (it is something that happens here at least.) They can talk/complain about their week or bring up something about the current event news. It is something that I can see people above their 40's do. If Grandma is not one for game, it can be a meet-up without it but it could be a fun dynamic.

Any thoughts?

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Oct 17, 2018 16:12:49 GMT -6

Pai sho is fine! Would you like to start the thread or should I?
This user is Mod
Anonymous
Oct 18, 2018 3:15:02 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Oct 18, 2018 3:15:02 GMT -6

I am busy for the next day/two days, so if you want to start it,I can reply to it when I have time around the weekend.
Anonymous
Oct 18, 2018 11:36:11 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Oct 18, 2018 11:36:11 GMT -6

With Xing now approved, we can finally have the Ling/Xing thread :)

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Oct 18, 2018 12:33:06 GMT -6

@zebrilus - sounds good, will do!; edit: here you go — A Friendly Rematch
@taedkun - i forgot what we discussed, care to refresh? edit: as per our chat — All the Leaves are Brown...
This user is Mod
Last edit: Oct 18, 2018 13:58:47 GMT -6
Anonymous
Nov 2, 2018 4:57:11 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Nov 2, 2018 4:57:11 GMT -6

I'm willing to try again with Grandma. Perhaps Jyrell could try to convince a certain person to join the circus. That person could be a ferquent place at the Song Bird's Rest. Grandma could know him on a personal level and knows his or her situation and believes that they should not join. That, or we could have the former Ring Master be a close friend of Grandma as well as a favorite in the inn. He'd usually go there when he had a fight with his wife. Jyrell could go and drop the news that his wifee has recently passed and the former Ring Master wants her to attend the funeral.

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Nov 2, 2018 9:51:46 GMT -6

I would prefer a thread that revolved around our characters, rather than my character's prior relationship with an NPC. (:
This user is Mod
Last edit: Nov 2, 2018 9:52:03 GMT -6
Anonymous
Nov 4, 2018 7:59:48 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Nov 4, 2018 7:59:48 GMT -6

Sure! Would you be fine with the introduction going something along the lines of Jyrell, who lives in a compartment in the circus premises, lets two firebenders of the circus practice their techniques overnight and accidentally blows his little shelter into a fried turkey on thanksgiving so he has to go to the Song Bird's Inn?

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Nov 4, 2018 11:08:03 GMT -6

Well, thanksgiving doesn't exist here, but we could do something around the fall solstice / harvest time (:
This user is Mod
Anonymous
Nov 5, 2018 2:11:27 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Nov 5, 2018 2:11:27 GMT -6

It was a joke but that sounds nice.

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Nov 7, 2018 0:19:53 GMT -6

Feel free to start the thread — I'm a bit swamped at work so it would be great if you could get the ball rolling (:
This user is Mod