The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

The First of Many

Post by Kioko on Dec 3, 2017 18:56:44 GMT -6

Kioko Avatar
"Are you sure that Mr. Fu doesn't have have my name down? Kioko Lani." She spelled it out slowly, smiling brightly at the flustered-looking secretary.

Of course, Fu Honglei did not have her name in his appointment book. In fact, he would be entirely unhappy to see her.

The secretary shook her head again, looking very embarrassed. She felt bad for making her doubt her note-taking abilities, but the matter was incredibly important. Kioko patted the other woman gently on her hand.

"Don't worry dear, I won't say a word. I'm just going to slip into the office, and we'll forget about all this, okay?"

Without waiting for confirmation, Kioko swept past her and entered the landlord's apartment-and-office.

Her perfectly shaped eyebrow arched as she took in her surroundings. While he was technically living in one of his tenements, it was actually a lovely home. Adequately cooled for the incoming summer heat, likely with reciprocating warmth for winter chill. There were no cracks in the ceiling or mildew stains on the floor, or rat droppings littering the ground.

"Mr. Fu, how wonderful it is to see you," she called out to the moustachioed man in the room. She took a few steps in, knowing she was an unwelcome sight in her grey nurse uniform and white nurse cap. She smiled at him, stretching her matte red lips out in what she knew was a very pleasant-looking expression.

Her voice was a higher pitch, almost childish in quality but with a breathy sort of tone left no doubts that she was a grown woman. She extended her hand, her perfectly manicured french tips standing out against the medium brown of her skin.

"I believe we need to have just a little conversation about some of your properties."
This user is from the WT
Last edit by Kioko: Dec 3, 2017 18:59:53 GMT -6
Anonymous
Dec 3, 2017 19:21:55 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Dec 3, 2017 19:21:55 GMT -6

Fu Honglei had not been expecting any guests that morning. In fact, he had explicitly cleared his schedule in preparation for an afternoon luncheon he was certain would end with an invitation to this weekend's soiree at the exclusive Cat-Owl Club.

Still, Honglei would be damned if he did anything as crass a startle when interrupted...even if he had been caught adjusting his tie.

Clearing his throat, he finished the adjustment before turning from his small, wall-hung mirror to face the intruder.

She was a lovely woman, he noted right off. A little common, perhaps, in a way that wasn't unpleasant. Not unlike himself, really. It was her uniform that was more remarkable. Though uncommon in the area, most nurses these days wore garments alike enough to be recognizable across the city. There was something to be said for that standardization.

"Do we?"

Not one to be impolite, Honglei took her proffered hand, bowing shortly over it in a more traditional fashion, before letting her go. He clasped both hands behind his back after, standing straight as a board with the desk between them, and offered her a pleasant smile.

"I must admit a bit of confusion, Madame. I don't believe I had any business meetings scheduled for today, and most certainly none with someone so memorable as yourself."

"I'm afraid I haven't much time this morning..." Which his secretary should have known. Trying to ignore his unproductive desire to ask his secretary what she thought her job was, exactly, Honglei instead glanced briefly at the small clock ticking away on his earthen-ware side table. The time for his meeting was rapidly approaching, but...

"However, if you might do me the courtesy of your name, perhaps I could pencil you in this afternoon?"
This user is a former member

Post by Kioko on Dec 3, 2017 20:58:08 GMT -6

Kioko Avatar
She stretched her smile even wider. "Oh, no," she said. "It won't be long. I'm sure a dignified gentleman such as yourself has places to be this morning."

Kioko took a few steps toward Fu, patting her short bob absently. "I'm Nurse Lani, and I serve the Dragon Flats district. It's just a small matter, really. I believe several of my patients live in some of your apartments. Now, I don't know much about the construction business, of course, but I do happen to be quite familiar with health issues. One of your buildings is full of lice."

Among other things, Kioko thought, but kept that to herself. One issue at a time.

She was still smiling, but her tone had turned quite frosty. "I have a young lady there who is pregnant and she really needs a clean environment. I know that you're a forward thinking individual and would never do anything to endanger a young mother and her unborn child, and I'm here to ask that you fumigate that building." Kioko gave the building's address; it had more problems than just head lice — there was only one bathroom for the entire multi-story building, had no running water or heat, and was infested with rodents.

"I'm sure you're also well aware that, untreated, head lice can spread into even the most pristine of dwellings." She gave the briefest of glances around his apartment and placed a hand on a nearby table. "And obviously, you also know that this could spread typhus and cause an epidemic. So, I'm sure in your wisdom you've already made arrangements for fumigation, but I wanted to be certain."

Kioko blinked her brilliant blue eyes at Fu as she continued to smile. She was under no illusions that he gave a flying fig about his tenants. Slumlords tended not to. But, she figured he was the kind of man who felt a sense of self-importance and that bruising his ego would be less than productive.
This user is from the WT