The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

The Forbidden Art

Anonymous
Nov 16, 2017 1:04:07 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Nov 16, 2017 1:04:07 GMT -6

(Note: This is a closed RP, and is just to demonstrate how my character's progression in bloodbending is going. I'll add more to the thread each full moon, and consider it something she does at home after the day. It is not the only thing she can do in the night of the full moon, and I'll be able to update this thread as well as do something else in another thread on the same night.)

It was dusk, nearing night as she settled into the sofa of her small, humble home. She took a deep breath out, looking to her surroundings with a small smile on her face. She enjoyed her home. It was small, but big enough just for her. The smell of plantation and fertilizer wavered through her home, many a plotted pants hanging from the ceiling and resting along her home. The small smile rested on her face as she stood, turning on the nearby radio and wandering over to the sink, filling up a short watering can. She watered each plant residing in each pot, taking her steps at the beat of the music. All was calm, and she was happy. She continued dancing to the classical music, watering each plant one by one, waterbending any spilled liquid back up into their respective pots. She was careful not to drown or leave any of the plants too thirsty, fortunately able to give them just the right amount, mainly from all the practice she'd done for it.

She walked over to the sink once more, rinsing her hands of any stray dirt and/or unclean water. Her eyes wandered out of the short window just about her sink- when her smile faded. Her eyes settled on the large, pearl white disk up in the sky. It was full. Her heart pounded out of her chest, beads of sweat grouping together and trailing down her body and to the floor. She staggered backwards, falling back into the couch, breathing heavily.

"N-No... how did I forget?" She asked herself, looking around her apartment in fear- and confusion. Her eyes closed, and her breathing slowed.

"He is not in charge of me. He is not here." She spoke to herself once more, the beads of sweat slowing as she regained calmness, growing back up into the sofa and lowering into the cushions. "Do your duty. Progress."

She stood up, her eyes still and moving with her head as she breathed slowly. She was calm, but she now had to do what she believed was necessary. She needed to train. "Start with the plants... start with the plants." She repeated, unhooking a potted plant from the ceiling and lowering it down to the coffee table before her sofa, sitting down with her legs straight, feet flat on the ground. She moved her hands outwards, focusing her attention and energy on the waters residing within the plant. She moved her hands in an upwards motion, the plant successfully and relatively easily hovering up into the air. She lowered it to the table once more, her breathing slow and calm. Then, suddenly, she sent her hand outwards to the brick wall in front of her... all the water within the plant was sucked out, forming into a large icicle and shattering against the wall. The plant wilted up into a brown, dead mess. She picked the pot up, and chucked the dirt and now deceased plantation out the window,  hooking the pot back up to the ceiling.

"Good job. Now.. for the hard part." Her eyes wandered out to the moon once more, her heart rate increasing for a split second, then lowering back down to it's usual BPM. Still standing, she'd walk over to the air ducts above her home, sliding it open and reaching up and grabbing something. Out she pulled an empty mouse trap, exhaling sharply as she shook her head, returning it up there. "Perhaps I got lucky with the other one.." She said to herself with a sigh, turning around and reaching up the duct in the other direction. She heard some squeaking as she pulled out the other trap- she got lucky. In the trap was a large rat, it's leg nearly completely off from being stuck in the trap. She scratched it's back for a moment, as she walked over to the coffee table to set it down. "I'm sorry for this, little one. Please forgive me.."

She lowered the rat down to the table, taking a seat as she watched the rat for a moment. It's pain was evident, it's leg bleeding out ever so slightly, it still trapped. She closed her eyes- and focused. She thought of the water rushing through the little animal's veins and arteries, on how the makeup of it's entire body was mostly water. She moved her hands outwards, some beads of sweat dropping from her forehead and back and lowering down to the floor, some of it being absorbed by her clothing. Her brows furrowed, eyes clenching tight as she continued to simply concentrate. She raised her hands, her eyes opening to check on what had happened. Slightly, the mouse was levitating off the ground, squealing in immense pain. A smile grew on her face, sweat continuing to leak from her. "I.. did it!" She exclaimed to herself, as she continued to focus and focus. She stood up yet again, her eyes now wide open as she stared the beast down. Her hands moved upwards in an attempt to raise it high into the sky- to no avail. The mouse was stuck where it was, still squealing in a constant pain, unable to move in the slightest. She lowered to to the ground in a wave of disappointment, shaking her head as she spoke to herself. "For a moment there, I did it. Be proud of yourself. Practice makes perfect."[/font]
This user is a former member
Last edit: Nov 16, 2017 11:58:12 GMT -6 | Removed font effects to assist mobile users