The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

dantayyyy's Plotting [16th of November, 2017]

Anonymous
Nov 15, 2017 22:34:17 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Nov 15, 2017 22:34:17 GMT -6

Character One:
Bao Zhu

I'm currently looking for anything to do with my character, including romance and whatnot. Bao isn't exactly a social person, though she is currently actively looking to make friends, and will go out of her way to speak with people. She has no bias against people, and will speak to anyone regardless of their ethnicity or culture. Bao is an intermediate waterbender, capable of extracting water from plants and using it offensively or defensively, and is additionally a bloodbender. Though, due to her injuries and fear of the ability, she will never be able to use it at it's full extent, living a life of fear of herself. Additionally, due to it being outlawed, she doesn't bloodbend in public, and is only able to do it on full moons anyway.

She fears the Galgori and Monks of Koh, having been educated in their history, knowing some of the things they can do. She's heard of the benders that returned seemingly out of nowhere, their bending and memories stripped away from them, and fears the same could happen to her or anyone close to her.

Current Threads

Completed Threads

This user is a former member
Last edit by Deleted: Nov 15, 2017 22:36:10 GMT -6

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Nov 25, 2017 11:42:28 GMT -6

A Long Display Name Here Avatar
Heya! Your plotting thread is looking a little empty, let's fix that!

I've got a few characters, as follows:

- Grandma: Despite her age, I think Grandma is your best bet with my characters. She's old, crotchety, and rather pragmatic. She was a teenager during the 100 years war, so she finds the overall tension in the city about 'war' rather laughable. Her attitude towards blood bending would probably be less than charitable, but your character is just a baby to her and has plenty of time to learn the error of her ways.

- Charumati: Honestly I don't think Charu would be a good fit for your character unless you wanted something antagonistic (she is of full Galgori decent, trained in the old ways, and at 52 is a master at her craft (which includes chi-blocking)), but I'm concerned that it will wind up with a physical altercation that will not bode well for your character. :X However, if you want to talk details and see if we can come up with a good plot for it, I am all ears!

- Ren: Ren is an Air Acolyte having a small crisis of faith, but she would find the idea of blood bending absolutely abhorrent. She firmly believes the Air Nomads' philosophy (her crisis comes from a disagreement with how best to enact the philosophy) and that includes Avatar Aang's and Sifu Katara's teachings on the morality of blood bending. So, as with Charu, this would only work if it wound up being antagonistic (obviously the first meeting wouldn't be, but how long can Bao Zhu keep it hidden?).

- Kioko: I think Kioko would be your second best bet for a more amicable interaction. She's also a waterbender, but her primary occupation is a district nurse — she uses her waterbending only in a pinch, as she puts more stock in modern medicine than healing by waterbending (her thought is, what if there's ever a medical emergency with no water nearby? It's impractical to rely on it solely). Blood bending is against her morals, but as a nurse to the poorest district in the city, she has learned to put aside her qualms with what desperate people do — and I think after learning about Bao Zhu, she'd consider her to be desperate for not only survival, but her father's affection (which she'd be very Righteously Indignant over).

- Ling: I think Ling would wind up being the kind of interaction where, once Ling finds out she's a blood bender, Ling would actively avoid her. She's got a bit of a dodgy past and she actually has no problem with blood bending in theory (it's how it's used that she may have an issue with), but she's actively trying to avoid situations that would get her sister (who is a waterbender) in trouble which includes working with the law.

Does anyone catch your fancy?
This user is Mod