The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

Character Aging

Anonymous
Nov 7, 2017 8:09:58 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Nov 7, 2017 8:09:58 GMT -6

Since TARP re-opened almost literally 1 year ago (time flies amIright??) I realized that the plotline has also advanced nearly 1 year. In this case, it made me think about character aging. Technically speaking, many characters will have reached or passed their birthday at this point - at least those characters who were created and placed in-world during autumn, 171 AG, where the site's plotline began. I understand the answer to this question is probably "If you would like to age up your character, please do", but I figured I would ask to see whether there was a consensus on how to approach character ages in relation to site timeline.

Can we age up our characters in TARP? If so, is there a specific process for updating character profiles to reflect current age, as they become locked post-acceptance?

Thank you, and happy posting!
This user is a former member

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Nov 7, 2017 8:50:11 GMT -6

A Long Display Name Here Avatar
Yeah, you should age up your character as time progresses! If you ever need to edit your character profile just send a PM to Gia or myself with your edits for approval and we will add in the content you specify.

Depending on the nature of the edits we may reserve some admin overrule (eg if you wanted to add something that would not have been accepted during the app process because it violates our guidelines as a forum) but aging up and/or adding in-game developments should be fine. For the latter, if there’s anything particularly plot relevant — and I mean if your character gets neck deep in main plot happenings as opposed to personal development — please link us to the thread(s) where the development occurred.

TLDR go ahead just PM one of us.
This user is Mod
Anonymous
Nov 7, 2017 10:29:11 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Nov 7, 2017 10:29:11 GMT -6

Perfect. Thank you very much for the clarification!
This user is a former member

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Nov 7, 2017 11:43:49 GMT -6

A Long Display Name Here Avatar
Any time! Marking as resolved and locking (:
This user is Mod