The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

The Champ is Here

Post by Charumati on Oct 1, 2017 19:13:15 GMT -6

Charumati Avatar
To her coworkers, Charumati was a woman of few words and refined tastes. The elegant pastels and neutral tones of her wardrobe gave her an air of dignity and class, which were further encouraged by her stoic expression and soft voice. She was the last thing from exuberant, and it was often speculated that she could keep a straight face even during a manzai performance. It benefitted her position to allow people to think this way, so Charu never went out of her way to correct anyone.

In fairness, she had always been a serious, soft-spoken individual. Even before her training in traditional Galgori ways, her mother had often remarked how bland and uninteresting she was.

But there were two things that her coworkers would find particularly surprising: her love of all things cute and fluffy, and her secret admiration of the retired probender, Jeong Seina.

The probending scene was something that Charu, usually, thought quite little of. On principal, she was against the sport — it very explicitly excluded nonbenders from ever competing without any regard for whether or not they would have been physically capable of standing toe to toe with some of the bending competition. Without the ability to bend, a person would have been automatically disqualified. There was no provision in nonbending rules that would allow for a nonbender to be creative in their use of the environment or personal skills in order to play.

But Jeong Seina was different. She had been a young woman when probending was established as an official professional sport, and followed with secret interest the journey of a young man who, despite the odds, was able to cultivate a relationship with both benders and nonbenders alike without flaunting his abilities, or acting as if he was any better or worse than anyone else.

He made a legacy for himself as a champion of "the little guy"; his charitable contributions to the disenfranchised were well known. In fact, he held the record for the highest cumulative donation total to the children's charity in the entire history of probending. 

And so, it was a straight back and head held high that Charumati stood in line to his training gym. In her hands she held a manila envelope containing something she had thought she lost — a first-edition magazine with Jeong Seina on the cover, celebrating his first-ever official probending victory. She loathed to part with it, especially after having found it in her attic after so many years, but with the Monks restricting her assistance to the Temples, she had no choice; she would get Seina to sign it, and then sell it anonymously at auction.

She wasn't expecting him to still be larger than life in person. She wasn't a small woman, by any means, and underneath the frill of her blouse and flair of her skirt, she was strong and muscular. Seina still put her to shame, and she wondered idly what it must be like to spar with him.

He stood by the doorway, speaking to those entering his gym. Charu paid no attention to the quizzical looks she received — or rather, her pastel yellow blouse and grey cotton skirt received — and stepped forward, inclining her head in a gesture of respect. 

"Excuse me, Mr. Seina? I was hoping to talk with you for a moment, if you had the time."
This user is from the EF
Anonymous
Oct 3, 2017 9:45:59 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Oct 3, 2017 9:45:59 GMT -6

When she walked in, he was busy with a non-bender. The young man wanted to work out for the sake of looking attractive, but he wasn't very good at listening to instructions. He found the starter exercises to be boring and thought that Seina was going easy on him because he wasn't a bender. Truth was, he could let him do his own thing, and he wouldn't even be blamed when he'd injure himself, but that was his gym, and that young man was his responsibility, so he'd have him follow his plan if it was the last thing he did.

"You are not ready for that kind of weight." He insisted, but the young man lamented, pointing at a guy that dead lifted 200 pounds.

"Why do you let him do it then?" Seina sighed.

"Wang has been here for four years now. He worked hard to get to this. Whoever told you that the more you pressure yourself, the better the workout works, doesn't know anything about exercise. Now, go do your sit-ups. Three sets, twenty reps. Rei, watch him." He told a woman at the far end of the gym. She put down a pile of towels she had been carrying and moved over.

Only then did he pay attention to the woman that had entered his gym. She didn't seem to be there to work out, she didn't have the right attire for it. He straightened his tanktop and approached, giving her a respectful nod.

"Sure, I've got some time. What can I do for you?"
This user is a former member

Post by Charumati on Oct 7, 2017 13:22:20 GMT -6

Charumati Avatar
When she spoke, it was with a quiet, understated, authoritative tone that came from decades upon decades of leadership. She extended her hand — calloused from years of martial arts and swordplay — for him to shake.

"My name is Charumati." Charu resisted the urge to add in the clichéd, and I've been a fan for such a long time and instead held up the magazine in her other hand. "I'm sure you have a busy schedule, so I'll be brief: I found this old, first-edition magazine of your first probending win while I was doing a bit of spring cleaning. I was wondering if you'd be open to signing it, so I can sell it at auction and donate the proceeds to assist the families of the victims of the Temple of Koh attacks from a few months ago?"

The older woman kept her eyes fixed on Seina's, despite her greatest desire to take stock of him as an opponent, not a hint of a smile on her lips. She knew that despite her dress, a seasoned fighter like Seina would recognise she was more than just the average person who walked into his gym. A fire sparked in her belly; even without a roaming gaze she could still see his musculature in her peripheral vision. Idly, she toyed with the idea of a first strike. It would be, she felt, dishonourable to employ chi blocking against the man, but she could feel her palms itch with impulse to drop into a tiger stance.

She hadn't lead Equalist strike teams or carried out successful solo missions by being impulsive, however.

Instead, she passed on the magazine and clasped her hands demurely in front of her, waiting for a response.
This user is from the EF
Last edit by Charumati: Oct 7, 2017 13:23:05 GMT -6