The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

Stray cat

Post by Ren on Jun 13, 2017 17:42:01 GMT -6

Ren Avatar
ooc; i know we don't have minimum limits but i'm finding it really hard to respond since you're not giving me anything to work with. i've given you quite a bit with every post, so it's only fair that you try to give me a little more than just a bare-bones response to what i've said. if you're not sure how to do this, have a look at the other threads (:

Ren nodded in satisfaction. "Good, you need to stay off the streets if you can with that injury." Inwardly, she thought that Shao Lang should stay off the streets period, but that really wasn't her place to lecture about. She was fortunate in that her parents were able to provide a home for their family and not live in squalour or the tenements, and that her stipend from the Acolytes was enough to pay the modest rent on her small studio apartment. She couldn't imagine what it was like to be unsure whether or not you'd have a place to come home to at the end of the day.

It was a humbling thought.

"Why don't you stay here a little while longer," she suggested gently, already halfway out the door. "I'll go grab some clean clothes from the donations boxes."

When she returned, she bore some clean, albeit old, clothes: a pair of trousers, a patched button up shirt, and some clean socks. "No shoes, unfortunately," Ren announced, handing off the clothes to her new acquaintance, "but we fix up shoes all the time up at the Island." She lifted her robes a little to show her shoes, which, while clearly repaired, had been done expertly.

"I still have to finish out my volunteering here," she said, "but I'll telephone ahead to the Island and let them know I'm letting you stay. I'll come with you after my shift is over to help you get settled in, but I won't be staying the evening."

This user is from the FN
Anonymous
Jun 13, 2017 21:38:33 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jun 13, 2017 21:38:33 GMT -6

(ooc: I understand I'll try to post more. :3 btw I'm imagining Shāo pointing at Rens shoes and saying whatarethose?! Lol)
"Good point, even if I won't be preforming as an actor anymore I still want to be seen as a strong brave hero when I become a probender"

Shāo put on the clothes and looked at herself in the mirror. The clothes were alright and she didn't mind not having shoes for the time being. While she waited for Ren to finish her shift, Shāo Láng kept herself busy by folding colorful paper into various  small animal shapes. A fellow Scorch cat had taught her this hobby. They were quite artistic and even made the costumes for their performances​. She admired a paper dragon she made. 

This user is a former member

Post by Ren on Jun 16, 2017 10:35:31 GMT -6

Ren Avatar
ooc; we can continue this in a new thread in the air temple island board

Ren bustled around the Temple grounds helping wherever she could; occasionally, she would check in on Shao Lang and note with pleasure that they were keeping themselves occupied with origami animals. That would be a skill that would be highly praised at the Island, and Ren had a feeling that they were in need of some friendly atmosphere.

After several more hours of work, Ren finally appeared back in the makeshift hospital wing. "Hi," she said, her brown eyes shining, magnified by her large glasses. She knew she looked worn out, but she was in pleasant spirits. "If you're ready, I can drop you off at the Island. I've already called ahead so they know we're coming."
This user is from the FN