The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

Dinner and a Snowstorm

Anonymous
Mar 28, 2017 20:49:56 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Mar 28, 2017 20:49:56 GMT -6

Nighttime has always been cold to Taizen but this was unbelievable, a snowstorm engulfing all of Republic city and Taizen got caught in the middle of it. All the shops had closed themselves down for the night, in hopes of protecting their merchandise and wares. Taizen was lost and that was not good for an earthbender with no real shelter. He decided there was nothing for it but to try find a place to wait out the storm. he looked around until he saw a soft glow coming from one of the shops.

He bolted towards the door and hoped that the door would open. He reached the door and fell through it he face planted in the middle of the floor to find a restaurant that was in the process of cleaning up. tables had chairs stacked on them and the kitchen was empty. The only person left was heading out. Cold air was blasting in through the door and it was starting to reduce the internal temperature in the room. Taizen made a single kick and embedded his foot into the patch of ground that was in front of the door and a slab of stone shot up to block the door.

"Sorry about that, its just so darn cold and i have no idea where i am right now. would you please let me wait out the storm here?"
Taizen said as he stood up he turned to greet the man who was leaving the shop. he found an extremely confused and attractive waterbender standing in front of him. "i-im sorry for intruding ill gladly pay you for a meal a-and s-s-some shelter for the night p-please?" Taizen pulled out a fairly large coin purse to emphasize he could pay.
This user is a former member
Anonymous
Apr 2, 2017 19:37:58 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Apr 2, 2017 19:37:58 GMT -6

Ichiro had just finished up. His last staff member, Ken, had just left, and he was double checking to make sure that everything was in order. He was alone, which was not wise, but he had let all of his staff leave as soon as possible because of the bad turn in the weather. Ken had stayed the latest, and he had worried about leaving the waiter to go out on his own, but he had assured his boss that he would be just fine and lived only a five-minute walk from here. That left him alone, and he had just finished his tour of the kitchen before going to the restaurant.

That is, of course, when a man almost quite literally knocked down his door, falling face first on the floor of his restaurant. Ichiro stood there in shock as the man used a stone to block the cold air that started wafting through the door. He rushed forward to secure the door as the man said that he wanted shelter from the storm and some food. He was willing to pay, and didn’t look like that would be a problem, either. “Well, you can’t stay here overnight, because I’d have to stay with you and I’d much rather go home,” he said, “but perhaps we should wait a bit before heading out.”

Ichiro gave a shrug of his shoulders, running his hand through his long brown hair. The weather had taken a turn for the worst, and while he didn’t live far, it wouldn’t do. Even a Waterbender couldn’t handle a snowstorm like this. “And it’s perfectly okay. You’re in the main part of town, off of Fifth Street. This is Watashi’s Restaurant. We have another, newer location on the other side of town.” He gave him a kind smile. “I’m Ichiro, by the way. Ichiro Watashi.” He used his Waterbending to bend some of the show off of him. “I suppose I should know your name, too, since you literally fell in here.”

Ichiro looked around, wondering what they were supposed to do. He asked for food, and he could pay, so… “If you like, I’m not a professional cook, but I could try and throw something together. I’ve been told I’m a pretty decent cook.” At least he had picked that up from his mother because it had come in handy since he had moved out on his own. Normally, though he only cooked for himself. He had cooked for other people before - namely, his ex-boyfriend, Tadashi.
Anonymous
Apr 5, 2017 22:46:11 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Apr 5, 2017 22:46:11 GMT -6

Taizen was grateful that the man had accepted the requested. "My name is Taizen Xiaolong and i work with for Republic city police department as a detective." he extended his hand out for a handshake. He felt warm from the shop and he started to look around the restaurant, he found a small table fit for two people. He lifted the chairs off of the table and set them down across from each other. "Thank you for helping me here, Its good to know that there are still good people in the world."

At the mention that he was going to be cooking for him, "I learned how to cook a few unique dishes during my travels. If you'd like some help in there, spirits know I'd like to warm up in there." he said with a smile as he set his coat and scarf on a rack. He took a goo look at the man, he'd never really met many waterbenders they usually keep to themselves and the cases he worked never really took him into waterbending neighborhoods.
Anonymous
Apr 14, 2017 13:22:51 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Apr 14, 2017 13:22:51 GMT -6

”That’s an unusual way to introduce yourself, but okay,” he said. “Nice to meet you.” Most people didn’t introduce themselves with their profession, but he supposed that he was proud of his job. There was nothing wrong with that, after all. Ichiro shrugged his shoulders as Taizen thanked him for helping out. “Well, considering you, quite literally, fell into my restaurant during the middle of a snowstorm, there was nothing else I could do. It would take a very heartless person to throw someone back into that mess.” He looked out at the windows as the snow continued to beat at the door and windows. It wouldn’t stop for a bit, so there was nothing else.

Taizen offered to help him cook, but the restaurant manager in him was against allowing someone who didn’t work here to use his kitchen. He thought about it for a moment, before motioning him forward with his hand. “You can come back to warm up, of course,” he said, “but I’ll go ahead and cook. I’m sure you cook just fine, it’s nothing personal, but… this is my family’s restaurant.” He gave a shrug of his shoulders. “We don’t let anyone who isn’t employed cook back here, and I’ll get in trouble for letting you back anyway. Considering the circumstances, though, you can come warm up back there while I cook.” He made his way back to the kitchen, motioning for Taizen to follow him.

Ichiro immediately began starting to gather what leftover ingredients there were. “This probably won’t’ be anything special,” he warned as he prepped. “There’s not much left over from dinner.” He continued preparing in silence for a bit, before looking up at Taizen. “So, what were you doing out in the snowstorm? You live around here?” A lot of people lived in the main part of town, but that was usually for the more rich people. People liked him lived a bit off of the main drag, while others lived even farther out. He was just curious as to how Taizen had gotten over here during such bad weather.