The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

One Night After Work

Anonymous
Feb 20, 2017 23:19:44 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Feb 20, 2017 23:19:44 GMT -6

It was a quiet night within Republic City. The streets of the Dragon Flats Borough appeared nearly empty, as expected considering most residents were not dumb enough to be outside by then. Late night work shifts and the lonely walk home didn't phase Xian though, it was common. Tonight was different though, because tonight--Xian had a ride.

Xian sat in the frontal passenger seat of a black Satomobile that lacked a visible license plate. The driver asked, “You know, Xian. It’s been a while. Leaving the Triad to play with bricks and build houses? You sure you haven’t gone mental or something?

Xian chuckled, “Me? You’re asking /me/ why I left? Why don’t you go ask the other boys who had their bending removed? And you call me insane.”

The driver maintained his eyes on the road, “I suppose. But y’know, the Triple Threats have been really low in manpower these days. We could still use a guy like you.

Xian replied, “Well, thanks for the offer and the ride. But I’m clean now, man. I’m not gonna lose my firebending just to make a quick buck. You and I both know it isn't safe out here nowadays. Oh--and stop the car.”

The driver shrugged as he slowed the vehicle down, eventually parking along the road, “Some of the other boys are still looking for you, man. Some even think you're dead.

Xian rolled his eyes, unbuckling his seat belt as he stepped out of the car. Shutting the door closed, Xian leaned through the window and spoke in a hushed manner, “Tell them they're right. Say I'm dead. I'm not joining the Triads again, Slim.” Xian then nervously looked left and right, anxious if anyone around him overheard.

Well, you know where to look if you ever change your mind. Don’t say I never offered you a spot back.” Replied the driver.

Correcting his posture and stepping away from the window, Xian dug his hands into the frontal pockets of his trousers, “Now go on. I don’t want anyone seeing me with ya.”

As the car veered off, Xian proceeded to walk along the sidewalk back home. Nervously biting his lip, Xian scanned the distance around him. Keeping a low profile was harder than he thought. It seemed the motto 'once a Triad, always a Triad' was true after all.
Xian thought to himself, "Maybe I gotta grow longer hair-- or a beard. Something to stop others from recognizing me. New clothes? I don't know. . ."
This user is a former member
Last edit: Feb 21, 2017 14:14:48 GMT -6
Anonymous
Feb 21, 2017 0:47:23 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Feb 21, 2017 0:47:23 GMT -6

Cheo leaned on her balcony railing, nursing a steaming mug of tea and stargazing. Getting lost in the night sky, she began humming softly, she didn't even notice the unmarked satomobile until someone got out and spoke to the driver. Casually sliding her gaze down to the street, she smiled a bit as she saw it was a neighbor from a few buildings down, she'd only seen him from this exact vantage point, occasionally she would sketch him as he was leaving to what she assumed was his work.

“Tell them they're right. Say I'm dead. I'm not joining the Triads again, Slim.”
Cheo snapped out of her relatively peaceful posture at the mention of the Triads. She had a few run ins with them, most people around here had. Well, you know where to look if you ever change your mind. Don’t say I never offered you a spot " “Now go on. I don’t want anyone seeing me with ya.” Cheo waited for the satomobile to drive away before addressing him. "Hey there neighbor, I'm afraid it's a little late for that." She spoke loud enough for him to hear down on the street. Cheo was sure he jumped a little. She folded her arms on the railing and continued. "So, the triads, huh. What's that all about?"
Anonymous
Feb 21, 2017 14:07:25 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Feb 21, 2017 14:07:25 GMT -6

"Hey there neighbor, I'm afraid it's a little late for that."

Xian froze, his muscled tensed as he snapped his body to look behind him—only to find no one there. Doing a quick 360-degree scan of his surroundings, Xian couldn’t seem to see anyone within speaking volume of him, either.

"So, the triads, huh. What's that all about?"

“W-Wha?” Stammered Xian as he began to look upwards, finally realizing that the voice was coming from a woman on a nearby balcony. Xian had noticed her before, but never thought she was was anyone who would've paid him any attention. Most people in the Dragon Flats kept to themselves, anyway. Xian stuttered back a response, “I-Uh-erm… Good evening?”

It was time to think of something, and fast. Not one, but two people figuring out he was in the triads? On the same day, too? Just his luck.

“Oh, the uh… Tr-triads? I’m sorry?” Said Xian. He then took a short pause, trying to collect himself before continuing, “Uh, the tri-tribunal, you mean? I was a witness to a crime. Just got dropped off after a long-day at … court.” Xian said, giving a smile towards the woman. Xian was literally lying through his teeth, and it was obvious. 

Anonymous
Feb 21, 2017 15:20:34 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Feb 21, 2017 15:20:34 GMT -6

Cheo laughed, setting her tea down before she dropped it. "You are a very bad liar, friend." Carefully looking around for any other prying eyes, and seeing none, she earthbended a set of stairs from the street to her balcony. "Luckily for you, I'm not a snitch. If you need a safehaven from them, I've had a few ex-triad members laying low in my house before."

She moved her hair out of her face and stood so the moonlight would illuminate her scars, her eyes seemed to glow in the reflected light as well. "They learned to not underestimate me pretty quickly." She stood back up and grabbed her tea, smiling at him earnestly, "What's your name, neighbor? I've seen you leaving and returning most days, but I've never heard your name, and you're welcome to come up, I have hot water and a few different kinds of tea your welcome to." She motioned at the stairs, hoping he would make his decision soon. She didn't want any other neighbors to know she was a bender, so the stairs had to go soon.

She paused thoughtfully, and pointed at him with her mug. "If you do come up, I'd like to sketch your face, all i have is bird's eye views of you from up here." She paused to take a sip of tea, "If you don't mind, that is." She tossed him a cheeky smirk.
Anonymous
Feb 22, 2017 16:55:18 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Feb 22, 2017 16:55:18 GMT -6

"You are a very bad liar, friend."

Xian was dumbfounded, did this girl really connect the dots? Maybe it would’ve been wiser to finish his conversation within the car.

Letting out a sigh of relief as the stairs were earthbended, Xian’s mind relaxed lightly as he thought to himself, “At least this isn’t one of those anti-bender folks. The last thing I want tonight is to get jumped.

As the woman motioned towards the stairs, Xian gave a light shrug and began to climb up. Xian couldn’t help but wonder, "Was this girl an undercover cop, or just insane? Sure, the Triads might’ve been laying low the past few months, but to openly talk to a Triad--er, ALLEGED Triad, in such a casual manner was strange to say the least."

“You can call me Xian,” said Xian as he continued climbing the makeshift set of stairs. Reaching the top, Xian continued, “And sure, I guess. Just don’t use it in your next public portfolio—or something.” The last thing Xian wanted was his face splattered on posters across the City, whether it be a wanted poster or an advertisement for the woman.

“Also, if we can keep that chat I had on the street between us—I’d appreciate it.” Said Xian in a nervous manner. He was pretty sure even his coworkers didn’t suspect him of being a bender, or a Triad of all things.

"So, what's your name?" Asked Xian, as he leaned lightly on the balcony railing.

Last edit by Deleted: Feb 22, 2017 16:56:06 GMT -6
Anonymous
Feb 22, 2017 20:42:47 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Feb 22, 2017 20:42:47 GMT -6

Cheo gave Xian a sincere smile once she earthbended the stairs back into the street. "Of course, I would never betray another person's trust, especially one I just invited into my home." She pulled back the heavy curtains that led into her flat. "My name's Cheo, make yourself comfortable."

It was a large open space, with a small kitchenette in one corner, and a pair of doors on the other, leading to a small bathroom and her bedroom. On one wall were several wooden shelves, where a variety of clay pots, bowls, mugs, and vases sat, and an assortment of little metal sculptures in another shelf. Next to them sat a portable art wagon with two stools and a 'Free Portraits' banner draped across it. Against another wall, an earthbended Kiln sat, currently in use. Various art supplies like paper, charcoal, easels, paints, brushes, bags of unshaped clay, and well used clay sculpting tools were strewn about in a somewhat organized manner. In the middle of it all, in front of a big sliding door, was a kotetsu with a few sheets of paper and sticks of charcoal sitting on top.

Cheo went into her kitchenette to put a kettle of tea on. "So Xian, would you like any tea? I only have Jasmine at the moment." She thought back to his earlier statements. "And you're not the first ex-gang member trying to lay low I've come across. You don't have to worry about a thing from me, I know how to keep secrets. Most people around here think I'm not a bender, and I fully intend to keep it that way." Pausing to lean against the countertop, she continued. "I keep a spare cot under my bed, and ive had several houseguests in hiding. That's what a lot of these portraits are." Cheo pointed to the wall with the balcony, a collage of monochrome faces on either side. Many were ex-gang like she said, most were the local homeless and impoverished around Republic City. "If you don't mind, may I add you to my wall?"
Anonymous
Mar 9, 2017 0:51:22 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Mar 9, 2017 0:51:22 GMT -6

Xian followed the woman inside of her apartment. It reminded him of an art museum--not to imply that he would ever go to one. 

"So Xian, would you like any tea? I only have Jasmine at the moment."

"Er, yeah. Sure, whatever's available." Replied Xian.

"And you're not the first ex-gang member trying to lay low I've come across. You don't have to worry about a thing from me, I know how to keep secrets. Most people around here think I'm not a bender, and I fully intend to keep it that way. . . . I keep a spare cot under my bed, and I've had several houseguests in hiding. That's what a lot of these portraits are."

"If you don't mind, may I add you to my wall?"

Xian turned to face the collection of paintings. Ideally, Xian didn't want his face anywhere, but it didn't seem like he had much choice tonight. Perhaps he could negotiate a compromise, of sorts.

Directing his attention back to Cheo, Xian continued, "Sure. Just uh--don't leave it laying around in the open, if possible. Or you could just, ya know--give me a beard or something."
Anonymous
Mar 9, 2017 18:01:11 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Mar 9, 2017 18:01:11 GMT -6

After setting down two mugs of steaming tea on the small table, she pulled out a sketchpad and a few small bars of charcoal as Xian replied. "Sure. Just uh--don't leave it laying around in the open, if possible. Or you could just, ya know--give me a beard or something." Cheo laughed, a full genuine laugh, at her guest's obvious concern. "If you don't want to be on the wall, just say so." She got up and made her way over to the wall of portraits, and crouched down by one of the floorboards. She pulled it up after searching around with her fingers, the opening barely noticeable by even a well-trained eye, and pulled out a photo album.

"A lot of people who don't want to be found are put in here. You might recognise a few faces," she flipped open the album, and turned it around so Xian could see. "I do believe this was your driver tonight? I remembered his voice from a month or so back." She smiled amicably and slid the album over to him, settling across from him at the kotatsu and taking a generous sip of her tea. "Not a single cop, detective, or private investigator has found it yet. I keep changing where it's at, sometimes i even forget where it is." She laughed again.