The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

Dog Day Afternoon

Anonymous
Feb 10, 2017 4:59:16 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Feb 10, 2017 4:59:16 GMT -6

(OOC: This is about a week before Training Day)

The pet shop was quiet.

Well it wasn't quiet, animals were never quiet, Dharini could hear the various animals making their various small noises as they went about their business in their cages and pens and tanks.

Business, Dharini smiled at that for a moment. Thinking it was funny that maybe the cat-owls were having a meeting about what to do about the deer-dogs. For a few moments she found herself thinking about all the things the animals in the shop could be talking about. Then wondered maybe if after the shop was locked up for the night if all the animals got together and had a big meeting, maybe it was like when the council got together. Did they wonder about the animals in the zoo? Did they relay messages between one another? Did they send messages to the farms outside the city? Was that like all the different nations?

She then started wondering about how the council members would look as animals, and was just about to start wondering what the top probending team at the moment would look like-

She shook her head, no she was responsible for the shop right now. That was not being responsible. Her uncle was training people, her grandparents had business somewhere else in the city and would be back in a few hours. Therefore, she had to be in the shop.

She sighed and brushed down her apron even though she didn't have to, the same for fiddling with her hair. She looked at the book beside her, today's page was empty other than her grandparents' note that Dharini would be minding the shop for the afternoon whilst they were... somewhere. Apparently there were no deliveries, no one was picking up items and no one wanted a consultation about potentially buying  a messenger hawk. Her grandparents always consulted on those as they were hard to care for and you had to get the right kind that was more happy living as a pet rather than a working bird because otherwise they might just fly away if they got bored and there was only one person apparently who bred those ones and he was very picky about who got to have them. She'd had never met him but some reason had a feeling the man probably looked like a messenger hawk. A lot of people who came into the shop with their pets seemed to look like them. Then she remembered that really rich looking old lady who came in last week with the really snooty looking cat-owl-

You're getting distracted again!

She shook her head.

The animals were fed and cleaned out, all the pet food in the bins were good, the shop had been swept, there was no new stock to be put out and everything was tidily placed on the shelves and all the fancy collars looked shiny on their display with the little mirror. She leant forward on the counter and stared at the door, not sure about what else to do for the moment. 

This user is a former member
Anonymous
Feb 20, 2017 3:40:04 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Feb 20, 2017 3:40:04 GMT -6

Cheo walked along the sidewalk, a big uncharacteristic grin on her face as she windowshopped and hummed softly. Bundled up in her coat, her red art bag swinging at her side, she felt good today. She made circles around the same few streets, trying to decide which shop to go into and get a better look at, when a pet shop entered her periferal vision. It caught her attention, and even though she knew she shouldn't go in, she did anyway. She did try to remind herself to not buy aï pet under any circumstances.

She stopped at the window, of course, and gawked at the cute animals, making stupid faced at them before glancing at the figure behind the counter. Cheo's jaw dropped, and she pointed at them through the window. Opening the door and taking a second to jingle the doorbell, she pointed at the girl behind the counter. "Hey, you were that girl i met two years ago! And also like, around. How've you been...You." Cheo paused, and grinned awkwardly. "I totally don't remember your name, I apologize."
Anonymous
Feb 21, 2017 12:20:00 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Feb 21, 2017 12:20:00 GMT -6

Dharini looked around. She wondered if maybe she should've brought a book down with her or something, but then she knew she wouldn't have probably been paying much attention to it just in case someone came in. 

She noticed someone at the window, she had to wonder if she'd seen them before, their hair stood out for one. And she knew her? Apparently otherwise why else would she be pointing. But Dharini was mostly just glad to have someone in the shop, the shop was quiet to that point she could've sworn it was going to drive her nuts. As the girl entered the shop Dharini wracked her brain, she recognised her face at least, she'd seen her before she knew that much but her name seemed to escape her, and the precise details of where and when she'd seen her. She had a feeling the red bag might have something to do it. 

She was just about to break into her 'shop voice' and give the 'Good Afternoon, welcome to Rhu Imports..' spiel she generally had to do when people came in when she heard.

"Hey, you were that girl i met two years ago! And also like, around. How've you been...You... I totally don't remember your name, I apologize."

Dharini grinned, not using "the shop voice", "Yeah I think I remember?" Two years ago seemed rather a long time ago though, "Yeah I've been good, you?" She paused for a second, "It's Dharini, or Rini... your name... uh it began with a C?" 
Anonymous
Feb 21, 2017 17:21:25 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Feb 21, 2017 17:21:25 GMT -6

"Yep! It's Cheo." She grinned and giggled a little. "And I've also been good, thank you for asking. I didn't know you worked at a pet store! What's that like?" She asked, with the curiosity of a puppykitten. She leaned on the counter slightly as she looked around the store, enamored with all the beautiful and unbelievably cute animals. 'No, Cheo. You don't have room in your tiny flat for a pet.' She argued with herself, 'but they're so cute-NO, Absolutely Not, what if they wreck your art? but, but, cute?' Her mental battle continued before she shook her head a little and turned back to Rini. "Do you own this shop, Rini?" She absently reached in her pocket for one of her charcoal sticks and twirled it in her fingers.
Anonymous
Feb 22, 2017 5:41:51 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Feb 22, 2017 5:41:51 GMT -6

"Ah yes that was it!" Things started to click into place about Cheo. She was pretty sure she now just about 

"And I've also been good, thank you for asking. I didn't know you worked at a pet store! What's that like?"

"Yeah it's fun for the most part! Lot of work though sometimes!" Dharini grinned, glad to both be meeting someone she'd met before and also someone actually coming into the shop.

"Do you own this shop, Rini?"

"Nah, I wish I did though! It's my grandparents' shop actually, so I help out. I'm not usually in the shop alone but they had to go somewhere so I'm keeping an eye on it," She paused, "It's been really quiet today though, what have you been up to?"
Anonymous
Feb 22, 2017 17:03:52 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Feb 22, 2017 17:03:52 GMT -6

Cheo hummed thoughtfully, "Not a whole lot to be honest, although my own buisness is picking up a little. I sell charcoal portraits and landscapes, and one i managed to make my own kiln, I've been selling pottery and sculptures." She paused, trying to remember something. "Oh! Hold on, i also make-" she dug around in her sidebag, grinning when she found what she was looking for. "These little metal sculptures out of scraps." Cheo held it up proudly, it was a turtleduck made in iron and what looked like bronze, about the size of her palm.

She was grinning like a goof as she motioned for Rini to take it. "Pretty cool right? Anyway, i just finished a pretty big commission, so i was just wandering around for something to buy since i have a little extra." She glanced at the animals again, and forcefully tore her gaze away from them. 'Must. Not. Succumb. To. The Cuteness!' Cheo pulled out one of her business cards and handed it to Rini, "I don't mean to self-promote but, here."

The card was a parchment yellow color, her contact info and artist signature in the top left corner in black script, a fusion of the earth and fire nation symbols designed to look like glowing lava took up most of the right side of the card, and in the bottom right corner it read "Scorched Earth Sculptures, Portraits and Pottery" and below that, Cheo's personal quote 'Scorched earth can still grow flowers'
Anonymous
Apr 13, 2017 9:10:51 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Apr 13, 2017 9:10:51 GMT -6

"Oh that's good!" She lent forward slightly on the counter, "And that sounds kinda fun, I mean getting to make things for people,"
She took a good look at the little turtleduck sculpture that Cheo handed her,

"Oh this is so cute!"
She realised her voice might've gone a bit too loud then and that it was probably going to set something in the shop off and that would probably set something else off and so on until the whole shop became very loud.

She chuckled slightly, "Well I'm glad you decided to come in here anyway," She smiled taking the card before tucking it in her apron pocket for safe keeping, at least hopefully safe keeping provided she remembered the card was actually in her pocket, "It's nice to see you..."