The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

Fortune's Favour in the New Year

Post by Ling on Feb 21, 2017 12:53:11 GMT -6

Ling Avatar
Jia kissed her back — kissed her back! — and for longer. Ling couldn't hear the fireworks anymore, and when Jia pulled away she felt slightly disoriented, her eyes locked on the other woman's lips.

"Spectacular," she repeated, breathing heavily.

Why did she invite her to her house, for pity's sake? There was no way to do anything extra on the roof (and not that she'd want to, in this cold), and volcanoes would freeze before she brought a girl over for a romp when her mother was sleeping across the hall. And she wasn't so tacky as to speed off to one of those shady hotels.

Ling drew the blankets tighter around them, grinning. "What are you doing in the morning?" she asked. "D'you want to meet up at the Square for the parade, or go to one of the temples for our fortunes? Though," she added slyly, "I think I've got a pretty good idea of what mine will be."
This user is from the WT
Anonymous
Feb 22, 2017 2:59:23 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Feb 22, 2017 2:59:23 GMT -6

There was a buzzing noise in her head that drowned out pretty much everything else. With it came a sensation that was difficult to name. A warmth had spread through her entire body, a warmth that surpassed anything the blankets provided, and she could feel her heart racing. It was intoxicating.

Ling grinned, and Jia, still on cloud nine, lazily responded with a grin of her own. Ling's words came to her as if through fog, and it took her a few seconds to understand what was being asked. Finally, she got it. She shrugged. "Whatever you want to do is fine with me. Though honestly, temples have never really been my thing. They're nice and all, but way too quiet and stuffy for me. Parades are much more my thing. Music, crowds…couples snogging…" she winked. "I think we could have a good time."
This user is a former member

Post by Ling on Feb 23, 2017 11:16:29 GMT -6

Ling Avatar
OOC: Do you want to keep going in this thread or a new thread?

Ling wiggled a little closer to Jia, casually resting her head on the other woman's shoulder. "That sounds great," she said, the happiness obvious in her voice. "I think the parade starts at ten or so, we could grab some steamed siopao from the side carts and some snacks and park along the parade route at, maybe nine thirty? I hear the golden dragon will be making an appearance this year."

The golden dragon wasn't always a featured guest at the New Year's parades, but its appearance always coincided with times of trouble, as it symbolised hope and a prosperous year. Every year, as well, the dragon picked one person along the parade route to "kiss" — a kiss from the golden dragon would mean great fortune and happiness was to come your way
This user is from the WT
Anonymous
Feb 23, 2017 22:37:19 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Feb 23, 2017 22:37:19 GMT -6

OOC: I can start a new thread, if you like.

Jia shifted as Ling drew closer, reaching an arm out to gently rest her fingers on Ling's waist. She loved the warmth of their bodies together, the weight of Ling's head on her shoulder. Big romantic gestures had never been her thing, but this, the simple physical intimacy of sitting together wrapped in blankets, was perfect.

"I like this plan of yours," Jia agreed. "I don't usually wake up early on days I don't work, but for you I can make it happen. It'd be nice to get the kiss from the golden dragon," she mused. "But if not, well, now I have other options as far as kissing goes."
This user is a former member
Last edit by Deleted: Feb 23, 2017 22:37:31 GMT -6

Post by Ling on Feb 26, 2017 11:16:41 GMT -6

Ling Avatar
OOC: Sounds good to me! Feel free to reply to this, to wrap up for Jia, but I'll go ahead and mark it as complete / you don't have to

Ling laughed softly. "Indeed."

The fireworks continued, the beautiful displays lighting up the night sky as the thunderous booms echoed throughout the city. Happy cries could be heard from families all over the neighbourhood at each new design, ending in a loud cheer as the final firework bloomed: a multi-coloured depiction of a rooster that shimmered in the air for a split second longer than it ought to have before falling away and leaving the city dark, save the lights from Harmony Tower.

There was a dull hum as family packed up off of their rooftops, and Ling looked around reluctantly, wishing the night could last forever. Just then, however, a cab drove up to their house and Mei-zhen stepped out. With a disappointed sigh, she turned to Jia with regret on her face. "Looks like it's time to call it a night."

Ling stood, folding the blankets together and shaking out the now wet tent canvas. With mutual support, she and Jia climbed back down the fire escape and to the apartment. When they got there, Mei-zhen took one look at them before slipping quietly into the bathroom. Hastily, Ling tossed the tent onto the kitchen floor and the blankets on the sofa and turned to her date.

"I... I had a great night, Jai," she said, slipping her hand onto the curve of the other woman's waist. She tilted her head up and kissed her again, her lips still light and a little chilly from the cold. "I'll see you tomorrow."

She stood there for a few moments after Jia left, fingers on her lips. Mei-zhen reappeared from the bathroom and wrapped her arms around her sister in a hug. Ling gently bonked her head against Mei-zhen's.

"Happy New Year."
This user is from the WT